Just took it outta storage and washed it... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just took it outta storage and washed it...
Thursday, April 30, 2009 7:10 PM
1988 Monte Carlo SS 350cid

Re: Just took it outta storage and washed it...
Thursday, April 30, 2009 7:22 PM

Don't change a thing, love a 4th gen in black

Thursday, April 30, 2009 7:36 PM
haha so do i =) i love this car... even tho it came with the POS 305 cid... we swapped that out for a crate 350... needs paint and new stickers soon though.. i'd like to drop it maybe an inch tho cuz i think it rides a lil too high

Thursday, April 30, 2009 7:48 PM
There's on for sale around the corner here for $3,0000. Primered and running, but with the "pos 305" still in it. Very nice looking car.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Thursday, April 30, 2009 7:49 PM
SECSEE!!!!! i want

Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:25 PM
all it needs now is a lift and some 26's

Friday, May 01, 2009 4:30 AM
oh hell no!!!!!!!!! ^ i HATE people like that... someone here did it to a caprice and i wanted to key it lmao

CrAzY Z24 wrote:
" 10PSI OF BOOST A DAY, TO KEEP THE RICERS AWAY..."

how about 350 horsepower all motor =)

Friday, May 01, 2009 6:37 AM
you do realize your quoting his sig right?

and either way 350 hp V8 in a heavy car is nothing to be bragging about.

Friday, May 01, 2009 12:01 PM
haha i know it was his sig lolz i was making a point.

im not bragging but the car can get out of its own way very nicely. It's a fun car to drive and that's what matters to me

Friday, May 01, 2009 12:04 PM
not my fav. year of monte. but i'd drive it.

WiGM-Tuners member.
Friday, May 01, 2009 1:11 PM
haha i love the style of this car. Wouldn't take any other year lol

Friday, May 01, 2009 3:08 PM
I hardly ever see those in black. I see a ton of white ones and some burgundy ones and some white ones, but i cant think of ever seeing a black one. Looks Hot!

Friday, May 01, 2009 6:59 PM
Darkstars, "and either way 350 hp V8 in a heavy car is nothing to be bragging about.

Really? Its not so bad considering some other alternatives:

2007 Mazda 6- 3364 lbs.
Nissan 350Z- 3200 lbs.
Subaru Sti- 3395
Trans Am WS6 - 3495

and that big heavy Monte Carlo SS? Approx 3300 lbs. Right there in the middle of 'em. And while staying naturally aspirated, we can get her up to the 500 hp range. those G body cars are fantastic platforms for go-fast small blocks.

Oh, and before some sausage skin tries to nitpick my numbers, I just googled them and wrote down the first number I saw, so if you find out that the STi is actually 3295, then good for you Dr. Watson.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Friday, May 01, 2009 7:15 PM
Very Nice

Saturday, May 02, 2009 6:14 AM
ScottaWhite wrote:Darkstars, "and either way 350 hp V8 in a heavy car is nothing to be bragging about.

2007 Mazda 6- 3364 lbs.
Nissan 350Z- 3200 lbs.
Subaru Sti- 3395
Trans Am WS6 - 3495

and that big heavy Monte Carlo SS? Approx 3300 lbs. Right there in the middle of 'em. And while staying naturally aspirated, we can get her up to the 500 hp range. those G body cars are fantastic platforms for go-fast small blocks.

Oh, and before some sausage skin tries to nitpick my numbers, I just googled them and wrote down the first number I saw, so if you find out that the STi is actually 3295, then good for you Dr. Watson.

Some body got their pantys in a wad.

Saturday, May 02, 2009 6:53 AM
Rabbit, actually more of a twist, as opposed to a wad.

We all know that people can do some amazing things with sport compact cars, with motor swaps/boost etc. (as evidenced by your build thread we are all eagerly watching)

There's just something about those cars I like. Maybe its when I see a really clean one that isn't riding on 24's parked in the McD's employee of the month parking space......just a classic nice look. And today's small cars are very densely built....making them heavier.

Saturday, May 02, 2009 9:19 AM
yeah i love the looks of these cars in black... but what is even rarer (is that a word?? XD) is having the gold pinstriping down the side. Most of them have the burgundy/red stripes.

ScottaWhite wrote:and that big heavy Monte Carlo SS? Approx 3300 lbs. Right there in the middle of 'em. And while staying naturally aspirated, we can get her up to the 500 hp range. those G body cars are fantastic platforms for go-fast small blocks.

hell yeah they are... i'm currently building a SBC 400cid for it though i splurged a little and got a sling off supercharger for it =)

Saturday, May 02, 2009 10:10 AM
ScottaWhite wrote:Darkstars, "and either way 350 hp V8 in a heavy car is nothing to be bragging about.

2007 Mazda 6- 3364 lbs.
Nissan 350Z- 3200 lbs.
Subaru Sti- 3395
Trans Am WS6 - 3495

Thank god my civic only weighs 2195.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Saturday, May 02, 2009 9:04 PM
Nice ride, and it's in great condition.

I know you're staying with the stock look and all, but at least throw some nice tips on those tail pipes.

Some of these H4656 and H4651 conversions might add a nice touch, too:

Any specs on what you're puting into that 400? I love a good SBC build.

Saturday, May 02, 2009 9:15 PM
LOVE IT!! I always love seeing a well-kept G-body. They have such a classic look. Also, I personally don't think it's riding high at all, they look good riding a little higher then the dropped sport compact. In fact, when I had my Cutlass I looked into raising it up a little bit, but in the end I never got around to it.

Sunday, May 03, 2009 7:58 AM
I love it. That's a Rare combo with the black/saddle interior as well. Please post specs on that 400 build. I was always a fan of the 85-88 Monte's. My dream car is a 87 Aerocoupe with a Fuel Injected 454 Small Block and a T-56.

2002 Cavalier "LS Sport"

Sunday, May 03, 2009 8:12 AM

2007 Mazda 6- 3364 lbs.
Nissan 350Z- 3200 lbs.
Subaru Sti- 3395
Trans Am WS6 - 3495

I don't see your point? It's still not a light car regardless of what other cars that have nothing to do with this weigh. The mazda 6 is a sedan, the STi is an AWD 4 door, the F-body's have never been lightweights and the 350Z isn't meant to go in straight line, its all about handling which it does well...... what do any of those have to do with a steel brick from the 80's?

Sunday, May 03, 2009 9:17 AM
Quiklilcav wrote:Nice ride, and it's in great condition.

I know you're staying with the stock look and all, but at least throw some nice tips on those tail pipes.

Some of these H4656 and H4651 conversions might add a nice touch, too:

Any specs on what you're puting into that 400? I love a good SBC build.

The exhaust is brand-spankin new from Summit... I had some reallllyyyy nice gold tips on it but they rotted out with the exhaust so i rplaced it and haven't been able to find another pair.

As for the engine I think I'm probably going to follow what I did with the Trans Am just not as aggressive. I already have the block bored and stroked to a 434 cid, sling-off supercharger, demon carb not sure where i wanna go with it otherwise yet.

zero wrote:
LOVE IT!! I always love seeing a well-kept G-body. They have such a classic look. Also, I personally don't think it's riding high at all, they look good riding a little higher then the dropped sport compact. In fact, when I had my Cutlass I looked into raising it up a little bit, but in the end I never got around to it.

I'm just trying to get a slightly more muscle car look to the car

Antler wrote:I love it. That's a Rare combo with the black/saddle interior as well. Please post specs on that 400 build. I was always a fan of the 85-88 Monte's. My dream car is a 87 Aerocoupe with a Fuel Injected 454 Small Block and a T-56.

haha well I know where you could find the CAR =) There is an '87 Aerocoupe right around the corner from me. and i love the interior on this car... except that it still has the red pinstriping.... ive been thinking on painting it gold =)

Sunday, May 03, 2009 9:40 AM
oh and btw the car has no cats since MA passed a law that no cars made before '96 have to take an emissions test =)))

Sunday, May 03, 2009 12:46 PM
Darkstars, you mentioned that a V-8 powered heavy car is nothing to be bragging about. First, I don't think he was bragging about how fast it was.....not bragging like....oh someone bragging about how much crap they can fit into a tiny subcompact. Second and finally, The cars I mentioned can all be modded to go very fast + they weigh about the same, and is some instances, even more. That is what it has to do with the so-called steel brick from the 80's.

People ooh ahh over a 500 hp Camaro, but the Monte is just a steel brick? Why not call a 69 chevelle a steel brick, after all it may have a v8 but its old and heavy.

This really wasn't a rant against you, so sorry if it came across that way.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search