Scooby with an M90 supercharger - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Re: Scooby with an M90 supercharger
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 8:06 AM
LOL wow!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 8:23 AM
rofl

Where I work: HP
What I take for Memory and Focus: Focus Fast

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 8:43 AM
I wonder if thats supercharged.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 10:51 AM
LOL I like how one of the morons said "Really nice work. I'm a big fan of sleepers and stealthy installs"
How exactly is that a sleeper and not a hack-job?

I have an M90 waiting install on my Jeep... but it's getting bolted-on to one of these (and I didn't have to heat anything on a BBQ )

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj  ( o   \[][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:11 AM
woulda turbo'd it.

WiGM-Tuners member.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:12 PM
I respect the fact somebody tried to supercharge a Subaru because it's something you don't see everyday...
...but on the other hand, I have no respect for someone that hacks a good looking car with a poorly planned, half-assed install.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:17 PM
^ With him.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:25 PM
I respect the idea....and making it work, but hate the fact it is suck a hack job.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:31 PM
urban wrote:LOL I like how one of the morons said "Really nice work. I'm a big fan of sleepers and stealthy installs"

I have an M90 waiting install on my Jeep... but it's getting bolted-on to one of these (and I didn't have to heat anything on a BBQ )

Maybe next time you should read the whole post, he said "I'm a big fan of sleepers and stealthy installs, BUT I freakin' LOVE that ignorant M90 sticking out of your hood".

So he wasn't calling it sleeper.

Is it ghetto? Sure, but at least the dude who did it realizes that. I just don't see how you cut a giant gaping hole in the hood of a practically new impreza to put a giant, inefficient, ancient blower on it. I dunno, not my car, not my problem lol.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:34 PM
That's the coolest dumbest thing I've seen all day.

Other than the lady that swerved into my lane on the highway this morning because a bird swooped at her minivan. That was almost a @!#$ disaster.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:40 PM
did they seriously put string on the pulley in the first couple pics?

Check out my build thread!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:42 PM
Thats HMS at its finest!!! (Homemadesupercharged)hahaha

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:42 PM
urban wrote:LOL I like how one of the morons said "Really nice work. I'm a big fan of sleepers and stealthy installs"

LOL I like how you took the quote out of context:
Quote:

I'm a big fan of sleepers and stealthy installs, but I freakin' LOVE that ignorant M90 sticking out of your hood!

It's a hack job, comical, but interesting to see.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:53 PM
JerseyJayLN2 (Scarab) wrote:
Maybe next time you should read the whole post, he said "I'm a big fan of sleepers and stealthy installs, BUT I freakin' LOVE that ignorant M90 sticking out of your hood".
So he wasn't calling it sleeper.

[ion wrote: C2] LOL I like how you took the quote out of context:
hey, you don't have be a jerks about my literacy issues lol
I made a mistake reading that guys comments, but at least I didn't make the mistake of hacking-up a perfectly good car.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 1:49 PM
RuggedZ wrote:did they seriously put string on the pulley in the first couple pics?

Yeah that's pretty stupid, it would make alot more sense to just eyeball it and hope the belt ribs line up once it's all finished.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:00 PM
yeah his string could be bent, never know. what a hack job. but i will say it makes some peoples cars on here look good

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:08 PM
I don't think it would be to hard to cover that up down the road with a cowl type hood or a buldge like the eclipse has in its hood. A for effort but F for not finishing it before posting pics of it sticking out of the hood.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:20 PM
What the hell is wrong with people...jesus.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:29 PM
I was wondering how the hell that was going to fit a M90 under that hood.....guess they proved me wrong, lol.

Does the thread have any video of it running?
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:58 PM
deftonesfan817 wrote:I was wondering how the hell that was going to fit a M90 under that hood.....guess they proved me wrong, lol.

Not really, it's not under the hood lol.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:50 PM
David Alameda (Zspeedcav) wrote:
deftonesfan817 wrote:I was wondering how the hell that was going to fit a M90 under that hood.....guess they proved me wrong, lol.

Not really, it's not under the hood lol.

Yeah I know. I was being sarcastic, lol.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 9:34 PM
Darkstars wrote:
RuggedZ wrote:did they seriously put string on the pulley in the first couple pics?

Yeah that's pretty stupid, it would make alot more sense to just eyeball it and hope the belt ribs line up once it's all finished.

No, it's to measure how LONG of a belt they need... damn... I guess you've never done that

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 9:42 PM
oh my bad, i've never done anything close to that so i just assumed he was running the supercharger like that after seeing the rest of his work.

Check out my build thread!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 10:04 PM
It does serve a few legitimate proposes. Like I said it helps make sure you position it right front to back, string in the front ribs of the pulleys, and string on the back ribs of the pulleys lets you make sure the pulley is aligned properly, if its sits to far back or forward its gonna push sideways on the belt. Like Phil said it helps you figure out belt length, and also it lets you figure out routing of the belt and checking to make sure it would have clearance, no brackets or hoses or anything in the way of where the belt needs to run. If it rubs on something raise or lower the blower and you change the angle of the belt to mess with clearances etc..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search