My New Car....FINALLY! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My New Car....FINALLY!
Monday, April 20, 2009 6:23 PM
Well, after a year of searching, countless test drives and a handful of mind changes...I picked up my new ride today. My fiance was in lastweek buying her new 09 Mazda 3 and I saw this little lady on the lot...I couldn't pass up a test drive and by the time I hit second gear I knew it was going to be in my garage. I can't remember the last time I felt sheer joy just by sitting in a car. Every gear change brings a smile from ear to ear. It's not the kind of balls to the wall fast you see in alot of today's "sports" cars...it's more of that BMW/Lexus fast where you just know you're driving a nice, quick car with power there when you need it. (and for you naysayers, yes I just compared it to a BMW...don't knock it until you actually sit in a speed 6!)

/crappy cell pic

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring
2.3l Turbo - rated at 274 hp
6spd
Black Mica Paint
Black Leather Interior
Sunroof
In-dash Nav Package
Bose 6 disc stereo

Not planning much in the way of mods, it doesn't need 'em! Maybe a short ram intake and possibly a set of wheels. Of course...I say that now...

I got a pretty nice deal on it because the miles are a bit on the high side (40k) but this thing has obviously been babied, plus it has a warranty through 100k. Apparently it was taken in on trade by a businessman who is too anal and NEEDS a new car every 3 years. His loss is my gain! More pics coming once the rain clears up!

Brian

Re: My New Car....FINALLY!
Monday, April 20, 2009 6:27 PM
ah SO GOOD!!! nice find! good luck! so jealous!
Monday, April 20, 2009 7:59 PM
So Jealous! I want a Speed, but I want to pay off my current daily first.
Monday, April 20, 2009 8:04 PM
Nice that is on the list of cars I would not mind having.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, April 20, 2009 8:43 PM
very nice pick up!

40k is high? my 05 90k on it

Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't those AWD too or no?

Lanman31337 -F = fatties = do not want. A little chunk in the junk is ok though.

Monday, April 20, 2009 9:05 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, I'm extremely excited.

Yes, it is AWD which was the biggest selling point for me (living in the NE) I had narrowed it down to a WRX, SPEED6 OR R32 and I'm happy with my choice!

Brian

Monday, April 20, 2009 9:18 PM
nice pick up! ive always like the speed 6. My buddy bought a 4cyl 6 back in 04 and its still a good looking car. Drove nice too.
I woudlnt compare it to a BMW until youve driven a twin turbo BMW! but a great pick up none the less!
I didnt know those were awd, definatly a great feature if you like that!
Id say, drop it, wheels, intake as you said and see if they make a chip for it. I know on my turbo'd car, they make chips that increase your hp significantly, anywhere from 40-90hp. Cheapest way to get power. The lower power chips are obviously safer to run on a stock engine

"Louis, you better watch who you call a child. Because if I'm a child,
that makes you a pedafile, and I'm not gonna stand here and argue
with a pervert" -- Peter Griffin
Monday, April 20, 2009 9:30 PM
Beautiful car and definitely loving the black exterior with black interior. I'd love a Speed3 personally in black. Enjoy the car.

I had something really funny to put here but it was too long.
Monday, April 20, 2009 9:38 PM
Nice! I've heard a lot of good about those. Too bad the Mazda dealer here is a giant screwjob, or I'd have grabbed a more basic 6 when I bought the Corolla (The Toyota dealer here has a much better reputation than most of the other local dealers).

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, April 20, 2009 10:25 PM
buddy ran 14.3 on his first time at a track ever w/ his! have fun w/ it! we did w/ his!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009 4:26 PM
Nice! I didn't even know they came in AWD.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 9:41 PM
MS6 only come in AWD... this is why its soooo good could be such a wolf in sheeps clothing
Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:40 AM
Now add a mazdaspeed intake and enjoy 20 more whp...

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 10:15 AM
well...i already strayed from my "no mods this summer" plan...just booked an appointment to get it tinted next week. How do you guys think it will look with black wheels with a polished lip? Black wheels with red stripe? Gunmetal?

I didn't really want to lower it but unfortunately it seems, like the j-body, it suffers from fobyfo-itis

Brian

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:36 PM
Quote:

it suffers from fobyfo-itis

eh?

very nice ride BTW

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 5:27 PM
forbyfo = four by four

Brian

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search