95 Buick Century power windows don't work. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
95 Buick Century power windows don't work.
Monday, August 25, 2008 5:42 PM
The REAR door windows work fine. The front ones don't.

I've tested the motors with a battery charger. When the switches are pressed, there's power to one or the other pin at the motor connectors, but the opposite pin doesn't get connected to ground, thus no electricity goes through the motors.

So there must be a ground problem, but WHERE?

Is there any online source for a wiring diagram for this year of Century?

I bought it with less than 49K miles on it for $750, only problem with it is the front windows not working. (Keeps me away from drive through fast food!) Other than that it's great.

"What is it about pyromania and civil insurrection?" she wondered. "Can't anyone stage a riot without bringing the matches?" Major Serafina Palacios, Imperial Marines

Re: 95 Buick Century power windows don't work.
Monday, August 25, 2008 9:09 PM
I got it fixed. All it needed was connecting a ground between the big black wire on the single row connector on the driver's switch module to the door.

That fixed the ground that must have come loose somewhere under the dash. Both front windows work!

"What is it about pyromania and civil insurrection?" she wondered. "Can't anyone stage a riot without bringing the matches?" Major Serafina Palacios, Imperial Marines
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search