550bhp,950lb/ft of torque, 0-60mph in 3.7 seconds, 70mpg :) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
550bhp,950lb/ft of torque, 0-60mph in 3.7 seconds, 70mpg :)
Friday, August 22, 2008 3:25 PM

Quote:

It is powered by a 100% biodiesel engine with 550bhp and an impressive 950lb/ft of torque. The sports car goes from 0-60mph in just 3.7 seconds and it can reach a top speed of over 200mph.
When you consider it can do 70 miles per gallon (108 mpg at 30mph) along with a total of 2000 uninterrupted miles on as full tank of diesel, it becomes clear that this car is well worth taking note of.

http://www.2sportscars.com/biodiesel-trident-sports-car.html

----HUGE PART OUT, HAHN portfueler, Turbo kit, 20g, Built motor, etc-----

12.5@116 2.0 60ft

Re: 550bhp,950lb/ft of torque, 0-60mph in 3.7 seconds, 70mpg :)
Friday, August 22, 2008 3:46 PM
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/supercars/trident-iceni-diesel-supercar-nears-production/

needs better styling in the front and a much lower price tag.

Saturday, August 23, 2008 8:49 AM
from the front and side it has a ver TVR look if you ask me. I don't love it, but if I were in a position to afford an exotic sports car, I would consider it. The problem with the price tag on it, is the rich folk who usually buy a Lamborghini or Ferrari don't care about gas mileage. SOME of the very few exotic/sports car loving people who have that money would love that car, or even get one just as a novelty thing, but as a whole, they will take 8mpg if it comes with a bull or stallion on the hood.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Saturday, August 23, 2008 10:46 AM
wow......crazy.

Saturday, August 23, 2008 2:50 PM
Duramax diesel baby
Saturday, August 23, 2008 5:26 PM
thats pretty sweet but i dont wanna even know the price tag

fully built 2200-TO4E T3/T4-HP tuners-373hp @18psi
Monday, August 25, 2008 2:48 PM
KavyKidLN2 wrote:thats pretty sweet but i dont wanna even know the price tag

Quote:

The Iceni is expected to cost around £75,000 (approximately $139,518) when it enters production, however due to a lack of investment it could still be several years away. Trident plans to offer a two-year manufacturer warranty with one-year or 100,000 mile service intervals.

Well, though you don't want to know, it was posted in there.

As for the car... the looks are meh... but the performance.... HOLY CRAP

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Monday, August 25, 2008 3:11 PM
2 words: Bad ass!

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, August 25, 2008 3:16 PM
3 Words: Not worth it.

If Tesla Roadster ever hits production... this will be an interesting try.

Monday, August 25, 2008 5:22 PM
deftonesfan817(martin edmonds) wrote:Duramax diesel baby

100% agreed

Monday, August 25, 2008 5:44 PM
Looks like it's been given a hard kick in the butt.

"What is it about pyromania and civil insurrection?" she wondered. "Can't anyone stage a riot without bringing the matches?" Major Serafina Palacios, Imperial Marines

Monday, September 01, 2008 12:53 PM
Kardain wrote:http://www.motorauthority.com/news/supercars/trident-iceni-diesel-supercar-nears-production/

y is $139K a bad price tag? people dont bitch over a porche or other high end car with these price tags. The cars got 550hp and almost 1000tq and get 70+ mpg. yes its expensive but id say worth every penny. (aslong as its reliable and quality).

Monday, September 01, 2008 1:39 PM
nasty04cav wrote:
Kardain wrote:http://www.motorauthority.com/news/supercars/trident-iceni-diesel-supercar-nears-production/

y is $139K a bad price tag? people dont bitch over a porche or other high end car with these price tags. The cars got 550hp and almost 1000tq and get 70+ mpg. yes its expensive but id say worth every penny. (aslong as its reliable and quality).

Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini...

They've been around forever.

They're the top dogs because they're still in racing, they're still competitive, and the cars they sell are not all that much different than the ones they race. These cars.. while I applaud the fact that they're trying to make a new and fast diesel driven car.... The company isn't yet racing them, nor have they been really tested with time.

If they make it 5/10 years: then they'll be worth buying.

Monday, September 01, 2008 2:13 PM
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:
nasty04cav wrote:

They're the top dogs because they're still in racing, they're still competitive, and the cars they sell are not all that much different than the ones they race. These cars.. while I applaud the fact that they're trying to make a new and fast diesel driven car.... The company isn't yet racing them, nor have they been really tested with time.

Sorry Gam, but I finally get to say you are wrong on something yay me!!! lol.
Porsche and Ferrari, yes. They have more than made a name for themselves in racing and production sales. However, to say Lamborghini is going to be around forever, for the same reason(racing) is absolutely false. Lamborghini is huge and will thrive because they have put forth a lot of effort in the supercar/sports car PRODUCTION. They are looked down on by Ferrari in such a big way simply because of the fact that they DO NOT race. They have no intention of being involved in any major racing liek Ferrari. Ferrari started out with their racing heritige and then moved on to producing cars to meet certain production standards set by some racing divisions, so they can still compete. Lamborghini is the exact oposite. They are a production car company, period; where as Ferrari is a racing car company that produces street cars. Complete opposite, and like I said, the soul reason that the guys at Ferrari laugh at, hate, and look down on the guys at Lamborghini.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Monday, September 01, 2008 2:27 PM
LOL you do realize the Lamborghini started with using heavy-duty farm tractors right? Not to far off to this car with a HD truck engine, the only differece the Duramax is proven and reliable.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Monday, September 01, 2008 2:32 PM
yeah i knew that, but i was simply correcting GAM in the sense that their car sales to racing story is the exact opposite of Ferrari's, GAM was implying they were both going to be around long because they had the same ideas behind their cars and such.

Monday, September 01, 2008 3:05 PM
I'm also along your lines JL, Lamborghini was thrown into the pot like if the company started in the race track, when in fact it started in the farm fields.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Monday, September 01, 2008 4:29 PM
damn they need to make a regular car from that technology and start selling it

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, September 01, 2008 6:22 PM
ugly

Monday, September 01, 2008 6:24 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:
nasty04cav wrote:

Sorry Gam, but I finally get to say you are wrong on something yay me!!! lol.
Porsche and Ferrari, yes. They have more than made a name for themselves in racing and production sales. However, to say Lamborghini is going to be around forever, for the same reason(racing) is absolutely false. Lamborghini is huge and will thrive because they have put forth a lot of effort in the supercar/sports car PRODUCTION. They are looked down on by Ferrari in such a big way simply because of the fact that they DO NOT race. They have no intention of being involved in any major racing liek Ferrari. Ferrari started out with their racing heritige and then moved on to producing cars to meet certain production standards set by some racing divisions, so they can still compete. Lamborghini is the exact oposite. They are a production car company, period; where as Ferrari is a racing car company that produces street cars. Complete opposite, and like I said, the soul reason that the guys at Ferrari laugh at, hate, and look down on the guys at Lamborghini.

Seems to me... Audi owns Lamborghini... And, I do believe that both Audi still races or did race at one point.

Okay, seriously you're right, Lamborghini hasn't been one for vehicle racing, but they did build the Lm002 as a racing SUV. Ferrari is a bit of an oddity, I mean... their buyers are the ultimate fan-boys: They will never approach the capabilities of Ferrari's race cars (really any of them) yet they buy the fodder that Ferrari puts out as the closest thing to the racing legend.. and yet the whole point of selling those cars for Ferrari is to earn just enough money to continue racing.

Monday, September 01, 2008 8:06 PM
It almost has a Viper'ish front and the way the windshield sweeps back and the rear is more like a TVR

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 2:05 PM
reminds me of the biodiesel caddy ext i saw on TV a while back. couldn't find any more detail on it than this though

14.82 @ 97 mph
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search