Hurry they are going fast - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hurry they are going fast
Tuesday, August 05, 2008 8:42 PM
Car dealer on Manchester road here in Saint Louis has Smart cars for the low price of $31,000 to $36,000. I drove by there the other day and seen them sitting out there with those prices in the windshields. You would have to be a complete idiot or money is no object for you, if you pay over twice the msrp for a car. I think they are just going to kill the sales of that car.

Re: Hurry they are going fast
Tuesday, August 05, 2008 8:56 PM
im going to italy in a few weeks i have one of these cars for a rental. this thing should be fun haha.
Wednesday, August 06, 2008 12:27 AM
smart car=gay! id rather have a mini cooper S for that price!

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 3:20 AM
the back seat of the lex is bigger than the smart car

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 3:23 AM
i keep 2 smart cars in the glove box of my burb

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 3:31 AM
I heard they only get like 35-40mpg...wtf is that true? why waste the time???

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 4:24 AM
oldskool wrote:I heard they only get like 35-40mpg...wtf is that true? why waste the time???

thats what i said. and their like oh well its made in a factory that is very eco friendly. .they ride bikes around the plant instead of cars. they recycly. blah blah blah. its like, i'd rather get a prius with close to the same gas milage, but i could carry 4 people and some luggage.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, August 06, 2008 9:02 AM
Considering the Smart forTwo goes for about 22,000 fully loaded with Brabus junk, these guys are off their damned rockers.

Someone should put up a sign saying the Web site lists the Smartcars starting @ 18,000 (or whatever).

F**kin' thieves.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 9:20 AM
I thought they start at 13-14k I remember seeing one at our mall here. That was what the sticker price said.
Wednesday, August 06, 2008 10:37 AM
Those cars are terrible. Any time you go around a corner, it feels like it's going to tip over (drove the Subway one when I worked for them).

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, August 06, 2008 11:36 AM
Newer Mitsubishi ones are going for much cheaper.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 12:38 PM
They must be "orphans." People who ordered them before they were available are still waiting, the only way to get one without an order placed years ago is to find an orphan, which is nearly impossible. Hence the price.

I looked into these cars a few months ago, my dad SWEARS he ordered one & i think he's full of it. I was on the message board, there are some real fanboys out there! Someone in my sister-in-law's family has one & my dad got a ride a few years back (had it imported through Canada, then to the US before they came to the US direct) and my dad LOVED it. I've questioned why he'd get one over say - a Yaris - and he says that he fits into the Smart better *shrug* He's one of those old guys that tilts the steering wheel all the way up to get in and out of his car, he says the Smart is very easy for him.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 12:53 PM
You guys should watch the Top Gear about the Prius and M3. They drove the prius and M3 around their track, and the M3 in the end got better mileage than a prius. GO WATCH IT!

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Thursday, August 07, 2008 2:49 PM
I thought the Smart car was "okay" when it was diesel. Got like 60mpg. But once they switched to gas it ruined the whole purpose of the car. I supposed if you live in a crowded European city it's very useful, but otherwise... meh.

I'd rather buy a Yaris or Aveo or the upcoming Fiesta. All will be much better and much more fun.

And for 31,000$ you can buy a freakin' Mini Cooper S. Which will be a million bazillion times better than any econobox on sale today.

Insane people.
Thursday, August 07, 2008 8:34 PM
ive seen a couple of these, some on the highway no less
kinda funny to see, they are so small

Thursday, August 07, 2008 9:32 PM
Mini weighs 2600lbs. It's not that good on gas.

Plus, after my sisters cars experience, it's a POS money pit.

I'd still rather a mini over one of those rediculous cars/golf carts.

Monday, August 18, 2008 8:55 AM
Craig Lewis wrote:Mini weighs 2600lbs. It's not that good on gas.

Plus, after my sisters cars experience, it's a POS money pit.

I'd still rather a mini over one of those rediculous cars/golf carts.

Doesn't the base cavy weigh close to 2600lbs as well?
Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:45 AM
for the price and gas milage id rather drive a fit

Friday, August 22, 2008 11:40 AM
If you're on the highway in a smart car and stick your hand out the window, the car will turn.

Friday, August 22, 2008 12:32 PM
RandomGuy 171 wrote:If you're on the highway in a smart car and stick your hand out the window, the car will turn.

I LOL'd

Friday, August 22, 2008 5:27 PM
RandomGuy 171 wrote:If you're on the highway in a smart car and stick your hand out the window, the car will turn.

hahahah awesome

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search