Custom 2008 Harley Road Glide headed for Sturgis(29 Pics) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Custom 2008 Harley Road Glide headed for Sturgis(29 Pics)
Thursday, July 31, 2008 7:03 PM
Well we just finished this 08 Road Glide yesterday at my work and it headed off to Sturgis today and so I figured I'd post the pictures I took yesterday

This bike has our(Bad Dad) extended saddle bags and rear fender with flush mount lights, rear fender had to be custom made from our older versions to fit a 200 tire. Also has our gas tank shrouds as well it was custom made to fit the newer style and widened. In the fixed front faring, gas tank shrouds, side covers, and bags are flush mounted orange reflectors with LEDs behind them($1400 worth of leds alone on this bike) Also with Gold leaf and pinstriping as a edge for them, and a design made from gold leaf and pinstriped as well. It also has a Tour pack thats hard to explain, we custom mounted hinges and both the tour pack and lids open by remote controlled actuators. As well he had alot of engine work done to it with air ride also installed. There is alot done to this thing.
Although not my style, having worked on it quite a bit i have a liking for it.

Also note that in the pictures the bike was not 100% finished, it is missing the tour pack till the end. After Sturgis I believe it is coming back to be finished with a different seat some other small stuff.

Anyway here are pictures, I used a friend's camera(Canon Rebel XTI), she literally handed it to me right as we left for pictures, and I really hadn't messed with it enough to get the pictures I wanted, so with that and the bright sun it was hard to capture the true color of this bike, It is HOK Tangelo Pearl.

This is probably the best picture of the color

Then here is the Tour Pack being installed after the pictures

And I Figured I'd show some build pictures
Here is when we first got it

The rest are just progress pics throughout the build

Figured i normally just browse this forum, why not post something finally lol

Re: Custom 2008 Harley Road Glide headed for Sturgis(29 Pics)
Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:51 PM
Dude, I love Road Glides, and that is a sweet one!

Thursday, July 31, 2008 9:16 PM
IMO that is completely hideous, just the whole look and shape of the bike, I hate everything about it. Looking at it reminds me of a motorhome from the 70's.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 9:55 PM
I usually can't stand bikes with farrings (sp?) and bags.

I really dig this one, though.

-John

Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:37 PM
Please tell me the owner doesn't own matching big helmets with the microphone systems...

Pretty cool for cruiser bike though.

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Friday, August 01, 2008 6:52 AM
That LED setup is pretty cool. I wouldn't rock it, but I'm sure the post-mid-life crisis customer loves it.

Built 94-97 head for sale: http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/47069/

Friday, August 01, 2008 9:58 AM
sorry to say it but that is one ugly a$$ bike

Friday, August 01, 2008 12:42 PM
atleast the owner likes it

Friday, August 01, 2008 1:11 PM
not my cup of tea at all..but neat design nonetheless.

Friday, August 01, 2008 1:15 PM

this is by far my favorite pic

if they could just take off all that soccer mom stuff this would be one bad ass bike

but i can still understand where people would want all the extras for comfort, just not for me

Friday, August 01, 2008 1:50 PM
lol
Moar Candy! LAWL wrote:atleast the owner likes it

That pretty much somes it up for most. Like i said, its personally not my style. I'm more a Road King guy if it was any harley, and i'm not really into bikes. But i've put in alot of hours over the past couple weeks on it so i figured i'd post it. Thats why i mostly stay with painting cars.

Not to mention this bike the paint scheme changed a total of 4 times.. we started understanding why the people who built his chopper didnt let him really come up with ideas on paint. the final finish was done in the last week before these pics

Friday, August 01, 2008 2:58 PM
dont get me wrong the bike is done extremely well but like i said before its still ugly as sin lol...

Friday, August 01, 2008 4:00 PM
it seems like its trying to be like 6 different bikes at once

Saturday, August 02, 2008 1:20 PM
The pwner should of just waited a year and got the CVO Screamin eagle Road glyde.. it has all that stuff except the LEDS

. member 1244or55
.http://www22.ocn.ne.jp/~cavalier
Saturday, August 02, 2008 4:31 PM
not my type of HD ....i like soft tail plain and simple just lowered and stuff

but this is hot...would love to see it in real life

Cobalt SS/SC
07 - VICTORY RED - LSD - GM STAGE 2 - I/H/DP - SPORTLINES -
260whp 241wtq
Saturday, August 02, 2008 7:21 PM
[quote=TRD 901-Z™]The pwner should of just waited a year and got the CVO Screamin eagle Road glyde.. it has all that stuff except the LEDS

I would trade my V-Rod in in a minute for one of these:

For my sake, I hope the dealership I work at doesn't get one of these in.

Sunday, August 03, 2008 10:59 AM
Brown Eye wrote:[quote=TRD 901-Z™]The pwner should of just waited a year and got the CVO Screamin eagle Road glyde.. it has all that stuff except the LEDS

I would trade my V-Rod in in a minute for one of these:

For my sake, I hope the dealership I work at doesn't get one of these in.

oh yeah which dealer. Im at Bridgeport Harley in Connecticut.

. member 1244or55
.http://www22.ocn.ne.jp/~cavalier
Sunday, August 03, 2008 7:04 PM
[quote=TRD 901-Z™]The pwner should of just waited a year and got the CVO Screamin eagle Road glyde.. it has all that stuff except the LEDS
all what stuff?
The extended and widened rear fender, bags, and gas tank shrouds(just go on over the stock tank), dash, and tour pack bracket(made to work with our fenders) are all fiberglass peices(minus the tour pack bracket of course) we produce for the bikes. If the picture above this is what you were talking about then it doesn't have all that stuff. but im not into or know about bikes either(yet anyway) but i can see the road glide posted has some sort of bag extension and some peices in between the bag and fender like your probably talking about? I normally just do collision work on cars, rarely touch bikes other then detailing after their done or sometimes painting some things for them if needed, being this bike was a big exception lol

Sunday, August 03, 2008 8:48 PM
What I think TRD meant was, for approximately $30,000 he could have bought an 09 CVO Road Glide with a 110" engine, 2 year warranty, factory 180 rear tire, better resale value, and looks very similar to the bike you built. I'd imagine the owner spent a few dollars more than $30,000, considering a new stock FLTR costs about $18,000 and those wheels alone are over $3,000. Now that bike you built is definitely nice and all, but if I had to chose, I know which one I'd go with.

BTW, I work at Z&M in Greensburg, PA. Parts Dept.

Sunday, August 03, 2008 11:23 PM
a lot of people spend lots of money on crazy things, custom bikes and cars being big money pits... I personally am not going to rag on the customer for spending what he did, a lot of people with tons of cash chose to "invest" it in things like this. I am just going to sit back and appreciate every once of amazing work done to that bike. the place that did it does top notch work from what i see here, although not my type of bike, it looks amazing. good job!

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Sunday, August 10, 2008 7:17 AM
i thought you just painted hoods? lol

looks nice. i think it be fun to do some bike work like that.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search