Roomate's 96 Z28/SS..pics inside all cleaned up! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Roomate's 96 Z28/SS..pics inside all cleaned up!
Saturday, May 31, 2008 10:17 PM
My roomate has a 96 Z28/SS, #886 I just gave her a full wax and chrome polish on the wheels. It's stock, not trying for big hp. Its just a nice car thats fun to drive. If he does anything to it, it'll be like a catback or something. Yes, its an LT1

Re: Roomate's 96 Z28/SS..pics inside all cleaned up!
Saturday, May 31, 2008 10:27 PM
I like it. I'm not a huge fan of that body style Camaro, but his is clean as balls and the only color that can pull off that body style. Major props on cleaning it and @!#$. Lord knows that nerd ass that owns it wouldn't take the time to do it himself LMAO

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Sunday, June 01, 2008 7:45 AM
so he just threw SS badges on a Z28?

Sunday, June 01, 2008 8:16 AM
no, i said he's a numbered SLP car. no dealer rice here

96 was the first year to return the SS, but was built by SLP, not GM. the LS1 SS cars were built by GM

Sunday, June 01, 2008 4:41 PM
ditch the crappy Z06 cheap copy wheels

funny how people think the Z28/SS is not real , when they were for 96-97

Sunday, June 01, 2008 4:45 PM
I believe those are the stock wheels for that car... And I love em on there... I guess we all got our opinions though.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Sunday, June 01, 2008 5:08 PM
CodeRedZ24 (aka Geeds) wrote:so he just threw SS badges on a Z28?

NOPE!

direct from this site
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/1993-to-2002-chevrolet-camaro-6.htm

1996 Chevrolet Camaro: The 3.8-liter V6 engine, introduced as an option during 1995, became standard in base Camaros. The Z28's 5.7-liter V8 gained 10 horsepower. A new RS package added lower-body aero trim and a 3-piece spoiler to base coupes and convertibles. Moving further into performance, an "SS" (Super Sport) option became available for the Z28. Produced by an outside firm, SLP Engineering, the SS package includes wider wheels and tires, styling and suspension modifications, and a functional hood scoop. Engine horsepower rose to 305 on the SS.

Sunday, June 01, 2008 8:43 PM
thanks for the support on the model guys

cheap? chinsy? those wheels look badass on there. we even got rid of the corvette center caps. those wheels are staying its a cruiser car not a race car

Sunday, June 01, 2008 11:20 PM
Love the zo6 rims, but it needs a drop. IMO that car with a black stinger, a berger panel and a good drop would look amazing. Way to rep the lt1
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search