S-10 Xtreme - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
S-10 Xtreme
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 11:21 AM
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/car/698411358.html

I've always wanted an S-10 Xtreme and here one is sitting in my lap (I hope). I called the guy, but he didn't answer yet. I love that its a 4cyl and better on gas, auto, and black! I'm thinking if the truck is in good condition I'll run to the bank today and just buy it!

Re: S-10 Xtreme
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 11:29 AM
i like them. my buddy had a red one and my other buddy had a black ext one that was bagged and notched.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 11:51 AM
2.2L I4 = slow as dirt. It has essentially the same engine as a base Cavalier. It puts out the same 120hp. Except the truck weighs 400 lbs more. You couldn't pay me enough to drive something that slow.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 11:57 AM
^^I dont think he cared about the power of the truck, just that he's always wanted one, and that its good on gas.

Besides, he has a camaro, and a Z, which are both faster.

Either way, I think theyre sweet little trucks, either stock, or because they have a TON of potential.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 12:14 PM
I know its slow as dirt, and I don't care. I'm not racing anyone or driving fast. I'd be selling both the Z28 and the Z24 to get the truck but its fine with me. I just want one reliable car thats good on gas and fun for me, and I think the 4cyl S10 Xtreme would be perfect! I hope this guy calls me back...!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 12:23 PM
cant view from work, but is it blue?

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 12:55 PM
It's black. So, the guy called back. It's his son's S-10. It has a salvage title (figures, just my luck. But my Z24 is also a salvage and its never made any difference.) It also has the ABS light on, which my old blazer used to do as well... So, I'm still interested in the truck but not for the asking price anymore. I thought that was with a clear title and no problems. What do you guys think is a good offer? $3500? I think for that I'd take it, but anything higher with the R-title isn't worth it. What do you think?

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:02 PM
honestly i would find out where it was wrecked from back side front etc. Also have a mech look it over just to make sure there is nothing horrible wrong that maybe cant be seen on the outside
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:03 PM
Back side. He said its perfectly straight, etc.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:24 PM
1 HOT Z (Mark A) wrote:It's his son's S-10. It has a salvage title

Take it for a LONG test drive.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:44 PM
Oh I would, whats everyone think I should offer? Does $3500 sound right? I thought $4400 was a good deal but that was when I thought it had a clear title and no other problems.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:51 PM
a real XTREME S-10

does mid 9s all motor

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:59 PM
3500 sounds WAY high to me for a 2000 4 cylinder with a salvage title. it could just be me, but that sounds like quite a bit for a salvaged vehicle.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:41 PM

I had a blast wheeling mine around, then again it was the 5 speed v6. Good luck with it.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:51 PM
^it looked the exact same as yours! I checked it out and it was a bit rough. It had some rust at the bottom of the doors and on the front bumper and also a few dings and such. I offered the guy $3200 if no one else buys it. If he sells it I won't be too upset though. It wasn't in the greatest shape. .......man I was excited too.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 8:12 PM
I'd skip on it. Anytime I see any sort of body damage I automatically pass. I'll take engine/trans problems any day of the week (in fact, my ideal car is a roller with a perfect body), but frame damage is a deal breaker. I went to see a black Mustang GT convertible once. Real nice car. Guy wanted 6800$ for it. Had leather interior, manual tranny, AC, everything. Then I noticed the car looked... crooked. He told me he had the floors redone. So I asked him if they'd braced the car when they cut the rusty floors off. He said "What?" so I walked. Damn doors wouldn't close right. Even the freakin' gas tank lid was off center.

As dissapointed at not getting it as you are now, you'd be a lot more dissapointed if the truck had some serious body issues.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 8:43 PM
Dave wrote:2.2L I4 = slow as dirt. It has essentially the same engine as a base Cavalier. It puts out the same 120hp. Except the truck weighs 400 lbs more. You couldn't pay me enough to drive something that slow.

You have never driven a 1.9 turbo diesel then have you ?

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 9:12 PM
Dave wrote:2.2L I4 = slow as dirt. It has essentially the same engine as a base Cavalier. It puts out the same 120hp. Except the truck weighs 400 lbs more. You couldn't pay me enough to drive something that slow.

ehh, my bro had a 94 s10 with the 4.3 and even that was slow as balls.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, May 29, 2008 10:28 AM
wow, i never knew the extremes only had the 2.2

i just figured they would have at least a v6 in em

you learn something every day

Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:16 AM
Quote:

wow, i never knew the extremes only had the 2.2

Only thing 100% to the Xtreme was the appearance package; the Xtreme option also automatically included the ZQ8 suspension, but that was available on all 2WD S10s. Xtremes came in any 2WD powertrain combo: 2.2/4.3/automatic/manual.

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:03 PM
[quote=BoltZ DesignZ™]ehh, my bro had a 94 s10 with the 4.3 and even that was slow as balls.
They aren't that slow. A friend of mine used to have a 99 extended cab with the 4.3. He had an intake, exhaust, headers and a reprogrammer. He could seriously walk all over my Z24. Not to say a 2.4L Cav is all that fast, but his truck was significantly faster.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Thursday, May 29, 2008 5:07 PM

I agree with Dave 100 % I had one for a few months and couldn't make it up the hills in colorado, i was in second FLOORED and it barely made it up the freeway hills in Colorado. Probably the slowest car i've ever driven actually =)

However I know you aren't looking for something fast, and those xtremes are very nice trucks to look at, especially when done the right way.

If you don't mind literally crawling up hills, and if the price is right i'd go for it.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 7:45 PM
i would figure out how and why it has a salvage title, then check it really really close where the damage was, there are some hacks out there....

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Saturday, May 31, 2008 1:14 PM
I find those trucks to be a real PITA to work on.
There are better trucks to be had, they look nice and all, but are high maintainance.
Lots of problems on those, and both engines suck for different reasons.
Just my opinion and all, but I see a lot of them at work.
Saturday, May 31, 2008 2:15 PM
^I had mine for acouple years and never had problems. I beat the piss out of it too, the v6 was deff a peppy fun truck to drive especially with the 5 speed.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search