My dad's 1967 GMC - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My dad's 1967 GMC
Sunday, May 25, 2008 8:11 PM
This past Saturday my dad too his truck out to a local show to benefit a fire company & I finally took pics! You can read the info on his paper that I'll post. It's my great-grandfather's truck & remember growing up and using this as one of our daily driven vehicles, the other being a 1967 Lemans that he also still owns. Comments appreciated, enjoy

Here are before pictures, how I remember the truck as our daily driver. You can see the Lemans behind the GMC in the first pic

The paper he displays

How it sat Saturday

Front plate

Brand new exhaust as of a week or two ago. He seems proud of the chrome tip

...the man himself, my dad

Re: My dad's 1967 GMC
Sunday, May 25, 2008 8:48 PM
That is pretty cool to have something like that and bring some life back to it.I assume it looks to have a straight 6 with a 1 brrl carb maybe.I do not know much about the older gm trks but it looks good for it's age and the history of it being owned family wise is sweet.Nice share looks wayyyyy better today for sure.

Sunday, May 25, 2008 9:20 PM
I love the idea of vehicles with family history. It looks well loved.

My grandmother's car was willed to me, but the family scooped it. Maybe I'll find it out there some day.

Sunday, May 25, 2008 10:50 PM
Now that is a truck.

Forget all that leather, satellite radio, 20-inch chrome wheels, jacked-up sky-high, HID bull@!#$. That is what a truck should be.

Monday, May 26, 2008 11:49 AM
Good lookin truck!

Monday, May 26, 2008 5:52 PM
Thanks for the comments guys! I remember being kinda embarassed to be in such a "heap" when I was little, but now I'm so proud of it My brother is about to get his project painted, we figured out tonight he's had it for 17 years unfinished lol... although that one isn't a truck from the family & not quite as old either. Hopefully one day I can post pictures of the Lemans restored, but for now it's only getting repairs to pass inspection instead of a full restoration.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:34 AM
I have 250ci inline 6 and saginaw 3-speed if he needs parts. I personally love the 67-72 GM trucks.

"Project 69'"
1969 Chevrolet C/10, 1/2 ton, 2wd
-Boosted LS1?
-Richmond ROD 6-speed(will get sometime)
-Posi 12-bolt(built w/eaton posi unit and richmond 3.73 gears)
-Disc brake and 5 lug swap
+little extras
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:41 PM
pretty sweet classic. i like the color

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:57 AM
nice, very nice.. and yes the color is classic.

**changes are here**

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 8:39 AM
67-72 Chevy and Gmc trucks are my absolute favorite. I love it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search