2009 CTS-V at Nurburgring - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2009 CTS-V at Nurburgring
Saturday, May 10, 2008 11:36 AM

From GM...
2009 CTS-V Blisters Nurburgring
Breaks 8-minute barrier, fastest documented lap time for a production sedan

In testing this morning at Germany's Nurburgring, Cadillac's upcoming new 2009 CTS-V completed a lap of the legendary Nordschleife in 7:59.32. This blistering time appears to be the fastest ever publicly documented for a production sedan.

Cadillac is nearing the completion of testing of the highly anticipated CTS-V, the limited-edition high-performance model based on the award-winning CTS sport sedan. John Heinricy, GM Performance Division executive and an acclaimed racing driver, piloted the CTS-V through its sub-8 minute lap today. The car itself was equipped exactly as planned for consumer production, which is scheduled to begin this fall.

Estimated at 550-hp, the CTS-V is at the moment going through the final stages of intensive testing and development. One of the realistic objectives of the Cadillac team is to make the CTS-V the world's fastest production sedan, as a part of the overall goal to make the V-Series Cadillac's ultimate expression of performance and technology. More updates will be released in the coming weeks as testing is finalized, including the car's certified SAE power ratings, acceleration specifications and U.S.-market pricing.

Video documentation of the car's breakthrough Nordschleife performance will be posted online in the coming days at www.Cadillac.gmblogs.com. The eight-minute mark has long been recognized as a major Nurburgring milestone, reserved for race cars and the fastest exotic sports cars. While there's no single official repository for Nurburgring data from private test sessions, numerous reputable websites and publications report lap times from race teams, automakers and independent sources.

The new 2009 CTS-V includes a suite of advanced performance technologies, including a new version of Cadillac's acclaimed Magnetic Ride Control suspension and a LSA 6.2-liter Supercharged V8 engine. For the first time, CTS-V will include the choice of 6-speed manual or automatic transmissions, with the new automatic sporting steering wheel-mounted shift buttons.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: 2009 CTS-V at Nurburgring
Saturday, May 10, 2008 11:43 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Cadillac is nearing the completion of testing of the highly anticipated CTS-V, the limited-edition high-performance model based on the award-winning CTS sport sedan. John Heinricy, GM Performance Division executive and an acclaimed racing driver, piloted the CTS-V through its sub-8 minute lap today. The car itself was equipped exactly as planned for consumer production, which is scheduled to begin this fall.

Hold on a second.

So they didn't put full out race compound tires on the vehicle like the toki dori drifto matic Fagg0t nismo crew did?

Wow ... seems a bit unfair ...

Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:41 PM
GM = making massive strides. .

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Saturday, May 10, 2008 1:30 PM
Short Hand wrote:GM = making massive strides. .

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, May 10, 2008 2:00 PM

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Sunday, May 11, 2008 8:41 AM
Gorgeous car. I'm a big fan, just wish I could afford one

Sunday, May 11, 2008 5:58 PM
I believe the ZR-1 is currently at Nurburgring as well...

Monday, May 12, 2008 5:39 AM
Wow..... GM is stepping themselves a LOT over the past few model years. The Cobalt SS taking the title for sport compact, now the CTS-V for sedan.

Now, put this motor into a damned G8. Plskthx GM.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Monday, May 12, 2008 8:00 AM
GM: To Evil.

Monday, May 12, 2008 8:02 AM
WOW sex on wheels!!

Monday, May 12, 2008 9:35 AM
where the vid ? that url they give doesnt work

Thursday, May 15, 2008 7:21 AM
Hey...the video has officially been released...check it out here: http://www.gmnext.com/Details/Videos.aspx?id=0aeed2e7-ab49-42f1-9f2f-3d2dc9b6b16f
Thursday, May 15, 2008 7:51 AM
Damnn, I love this car.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, May 15, 2008 7:55 AM
They need to give us some out of car shots.

Like the epic Yellow bird video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHYKFYKYGM0

Thursday, May 15, 2008 9:33 AM
If this rides as well as it runs the ring, then it literally is THE best sedan in the world. No if, ands or buts.
Thursday, May 15, 2008 3:56 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
*drool*

Thursday, May 15, 2008 11:14 PM
Here is the Vid

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1545122232

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search