new cts coupe - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new cts coupe
Monday, January 14, 2008 8:04 AM

full story here

looks hawt!!!!

Re: new cts coupe
Monday, January 14, 2008 8:13 AM
oh my.....

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:23 AM
shouldn't it be a CTC then?

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.523@111.30
Monday, January 14, 2008 8:34 AM
i really hate the slant of the rear roofline...i prefer the sedan...and i prefer 2 doors usually

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:43 AM
Freaking Sweet.

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:44 AM
i definately like it...but that ass looks huge...like Paul said. that line just looks a little wierd. but id prolly still buy one

i like how the tails come up the QP's

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:49 AM
looks similar to a 350z

and being the rear seat head room in the 08 cts sucks , id guess if it has a rear seat its for height impaired people

but a V version would rock

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:49 AM
Next will be the wagon. They will need these to compete over in Europe. Cadillac did an execellent job on the design... it is pure Cadillac and it is unique with out stealing designs from other cars.
Cadillac shows to the world that GM can build/design cars. Jim Taylor you rock dude.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:52 AM
You know, i read this and thought....i like the CTS so much because its a sedan(i hate sedans normally) and a coupe would ruin it...

WRONG!! That thing is @!#$ hot

I hadn't looked at the pictures other than the one posted when i wrote this...I have no changed my opinion after seeing a side view...

I..MUST...HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!! I mean that is just...beautiful, i am really at a loss for words right now...Good Job GM

Better be a V series

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, January 14, 2008 9:42 AM

Monday, January 14, 2008 10:54 AM
So far they say there won'y be a coupe version of the current CTS, this is just a concept to get people talking. They plan to make a coupe in 2012.

I say that is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. It's gorgeous and would sell...so why not this generation?

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Monday, January 14, 2008 11:14 AM
DroptopPaul wrote:i really hate the slant of the rear roofline.

that's my favorite part.... it makes it stand out from the crowd.

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj  ( o   \[][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj

Monday, January 14, 2008 4:22 PM
Godspeed wrote:oh my.....

Same reaction I had. I was thinking a couple version would look like crap, but after seeing the pic I gotta say it looks amazing.

Monday, January 14, 2008 5:52 PM
They really fu(ked that up!!! Looks too much like a hatchback, it would look tits if it had more of a normal coupe trunk.

Monday, January 14, 2008 6:36 PM
Its about time. The best thing I have seen from GM for a while, except the new 'Vette.

But of course there to dumb to put it into mass production right now.

Monday, January 14, 2008 10:52 PM
mmmmm.....coupe! about time!

coming back in 2008...
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:27 PM
me want!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:21 PM
Silver Z wrote:Its about time. The best thing I have seen from GM for a while, except the new 'Vette.

But of course there to dumb to put it into mass production right now.

As much as i love to see that on the road right now, Cadillac is taking there time and doing it right.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 7:47 AM
I like that!!!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:24 AM
Thats is the nicest looking concept I've seen in a while. I like the roof line, it kinda has a VW corrado look about it. a damn fine looking car IMO. They should be building it RIGHT NOW!!!

Steve

My other car is an interceptor.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:57 PM
And new background goes to........

THIS! Wow. Seriously, this car just has some awesome looks. Now, lets hope for at LEAST an LS2 option, if not LS7.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:55 PM
I like it, but I like pretty much anything Cadillac does. Still, I like the sedan better.

**there is only one true love in my life... and my girlfriend has learned to live with it**

Friday, January 18, 2008 8:04 AM
How about a 2 door Escalade.

Friday, January 18, 2008 12:37 PM
that rearend is the ugliest thing ive seen since that 1968 mustang sport wagon

"I did it because I wanted to see what it would look like. You should be greatful that I even told you that it would look good. If your to dumb to use photoshop and change the color of your own car then you don't need to see it changed. I'm not going to give my work away. I'll sell the pic to you though for $15."-Adam Kalin

^^JBO is about not being that guy
Friday, January 18, 2008 2:45 PM
Sappy96 wrote:shouldn't it be a CTC then?

I know! Most people don't realize that CTS stands for "Catera Touring Sedan". However, Cadillac may have dropped that naming scheme and are just calling cars by pretty sounding letters. I mean, why else wouldn't the base CTS 2.8 be called the CLS or "Catera Luxury Sedan"? And what the hell does SRX stand for???
Saturday, January 19, 2008 12:22 AM
THEY'RE GOING TO BUILD IT!!
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=124413

DETROIT, Mich. — If the Cadillac CTS Coupe concept that debuted at the 2008 Detroit Auto Show made your heart beat faster, then here's something that might make it explode. GM will put this dramatic display of its Art and Science design language into production in 18 months' time.

While Ed Welburn, GM's vice president of Global Design, told reporters at the CTS coupe's press conference "this vehicle really wasn't supposed to exist," the new luxury coupe has been part of GM's plan since at least the middle of 2006. Code-named GMX226, the 2010 Cadillac coupe will start rolling down the assembly line at the Lansing Grand River plant in early June of 2009. Annual production is expected to be in the range of 15,000 to 20,000 units.

Don't expect the production model to differ much from the concept. In back, the very short rear deck lid, angular taillights and sculpted sheet metal will appear on the real coupe. One thing the production model will have, that the concept does not, is a lip spoiler with an integrated middle brake light. The center-mounted exhaust will also be swapped out for a more conventional setup.

In the front, we're expecting a moderately toned down lower fascia and a pair of headlights with a few less LEDs. The side skirts may not make the transition to production and a hood with fewer creases will also be in order.

It's still too early to say exactly what GM will call this car; however, "CTC" was the logical guess floating around the Detroit show floor.

What this means to you: If you long for a two-door Cadillac without the XLR's hefty price tag, your dream becomes reality next summer. — Kelly Toepke, News Editor

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj  ( o   \[][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search