Intrepid CD Player Help... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Intrepid CD Player Help...
Friday, January 11, 2008 4:35 PM

I was installing a cd player in a friends 99 dodge intrepid and it's all wired up and you can hear it turn on and all that but the display doesn't light up. You can put a cd in it but it won't play. No display and no audio. All the speakers are wired up correctly same with power and ground. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Intrepid CD Player Help...
Friday, January 11, 2008 8:04 PM
Either you have a bad deck, or you didn't wire it up as correctly as you think.

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Sunday, January 13, 2008 9:37 PM
^ ditto... if you've got your constant power in the right spot, and a good ground, the deck should light up. If it doesn't, somethings wrong with it. DOuble check your power and ground (really check them, like with a meter, not looking at it and saying "oh, thats ok") and if those really are good, have him take the deck back to wherever he got it from. I used to work as a Dodge dealer tech, and although i never did any aftermarket deck installs, I don't really seem to remember their being any kind of anti-theft circuit on those... the newer LX's, well thats a different story.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:44 PM
yeah..everything was good checked with a multimeter..so hes pickin up a new deck and doing the install this weekend. hopefully everything all goes well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search