help with ignation on a Volvo transport truck. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help with ignation on a Volvo transport truck.
Saturday, December 29, 2007 8:09 AM
hey guys, im hoping someone can help me out with a strange problem at work.

the truck is a 2006 Volvo VNL day cab. the truck was stolen with the keys in it, when it was recovered 6 months later and the keys where not with it (pretty normal for us)

normally if a vehicle comes in with no keys we just call the dealer and have a key cut from the VIN. so i call up Volvo and explain the whole thing to them, tell them the truck is a total loss and i need a key. well there saying we can't cut keys with out a title. im like well i don't have the title yet the insurance company does but i have a letter from them approving the keys for this truck and i have the salvage papers. i explained that the ignition was not damaged and all i need is a key.

so im told that they don't cut keys anymore, there going to send me an "ignition bypass kit" which i assumed was a dummy computer that could be plugged in to the OBD port. or even a dummy key.

but no i get 2 keys, 1 ignition cylinder and 2 door cylinders. i don't care about the door lock but how the hell do we replace the ignition in this thing? do you need the old key to remove it like in a car? i can't see it being easy to change it without the original key.

any help would be great, the Volvo dealer didn't give me any suggestions and i spent an hour on google trying to find out how to do this.

thanks again guys.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search