So much for the MINI, bought me a 08 TC instead :) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
So much for the MINI, bought me a 08 TC instead :)
Sunday, October 07, 2007 11:25 PM
well after testing out a bunch of cars and everything i posted my mini review and stated how i ordered my 07 Mini Cooper S
well after putting my $2k deposit down on the Mini 3 days later i get a bill for 10K of unpaid medical insurance..that i was told was taken car of.
that right there killed my dream of actually being able to own the MINI. i went back to Inskip mini and begged for my money back while explaining my situation.
they finally agreed to give me the money back which im thankful for: )

first thing i did was went to another Honda dealership and tested the Si out once again and tried to get them to give me a decent price on an 07 that they had left over...well that didn't work out at all and they wanted higher than the sticker so i said screw that and left. i then went to a Toyota/Scion dealer to look at the Tc again and just my luck they had just got 2 new manual 08's in. i really like the new headlight and tail lights but i hate the new grill. the radio is also much better now too.. it has a lot of BASS for a stock system. very comparable to my monsoon system in the T/A though the monsoon has slightly better highs than the Tc.

luckily i had just enough money left to get a 08 Tc with TRD lowering Springs and TRD Struts/Shocks as well as the body kit
basically i fixed my major complaint with the car which was the handling. i got the chance to actually drive in a full out TRD suspension car before i bought the set up for mine as the guy i was dealing with actually owned a souped up 07 Tc. i have to say i was very impressed. it feels stronger than the RSX-S with handling with this set up and i wouldn't be surprised if it could start to compete with the Si. why in gods name did Scion decide not to include this stock ill never know!
the 08's interior is slightly better quality than the 06 Tc and doesn't feel as cheap as the 06 i tested before. the seats are actually much nicer now as they have a much nicer looking fabric imo
as for the power well it still feel around the same maybe slightly faster as the 06 but then again i didn't really get on it because the hard had exactly 1 mile on it when i started test driving it. what i did notice though is the shifter feels much better and not as notchy. yes the car is still slow as balls compared to my LS1 trans am but then again so isn't everything else i tested lol . the 08 Tc feels stronger than the Si around town and about just as good as the GTI and Cooper S but it looses steam up top where the rest keep pulling till redline. i would say up until around 4.5-5k the Tc feels about as fast as the GTI and Cooper S.... i guess its the gearing idk

CLIFF NOTES:

couldn't buy the 07 cooper S due to 10k bill, had to beg to get down payment back
tested out another Civic Si, tried to get a decent price didn't work out so i moved on to Toyota
Tested out a 08 Tc liked it much much better than the 06 i tested before
also got to drive in a 07 Tc with a full TRD suspension setup and was very impressed
bought the 08 Tc i tested and added the TRD lowering springs and struts/shocks to my accessories

now all im doing is waiting till i can go to the dealership later this week and get my parts installed. the Tc come to the dealers mono trimmed so they just add on the Body kit and suspension parts there
o btw i am no longer owner of the 98 Trans am as i traded it in...im a little sad but atleast my chances of survival this winter went up by about 1000X now lol

Re: So much for the MINI, bought me a 08 TC instead :)
Monday, October 08, 2007 4:22 AM
I love it...me and my buddy are flying out to Cali to buy a used 07 in a couple weeks. Def one of my favorite "tuner" cars

Monday, October 08, 2007 4:42 AM
wow I like the new headlights as well.. Congrats on the purchase.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, October 08, 2007 5:42 AM
Trade you taillights

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Monday, October 08, 2007 7:29 AM
ROFLMAOLOLOLOLOLOL

Monday, October 08, 2007 8:08 AM
Jinxed does not approve? lol.

Quote:

Watching you parade around my bedroom in a thong was a little like watching sea lions mate.

Monday, October 08, 2007 8:19 AM
I think he is just laughing at the "thumbs up" picture, more so then the car.

**there is only one true love in my life... and my girlfriend has learned to live with it**
Monday, October 08, 2007 11:53 AM
^ It's because he traded in a t/a on a scion......

good luck with the new car
Monday, October 08, 2007 12:01 PM
Nice choice.

If you plan to upgrade sway bars, don't bother unless you go with the Hotchkis.

Oh, and get a B&M from Karo.

Monday, October 08, 2007 12:58 PM
Robtco99 wrote:^ It's because he traded in a t/a on a scion......

yeah well the T/A was hurting, it had a broken headlight motor, dieing fuel pump and something that was making a loud clunking noise under the car when i would take off quick.. i still managed to get $3500 for it on the trade in with 135k on the car. i only paid 5k for it last year and unbroken lol so i figured i got my use out of it

but yeah im gonna go with the Hotchkis front and rear. ill get some better pics when i have everything done to the car

thanks everyone

Monday, October 08, 2007 1:46 PM
or that you went from your favorite in your critical breakdown of all the cars you test drove to dead last

best of luck with the TC though

Monday, October 08, 2007 2:43 PM
eh, should have gone with the mini...unless you're not talking about a mini cooper.

GO PATS!!!
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:58 PM
got some new images today, they are not the best as they are from my phone and it was cloudy out today

the car drives like a dream, the ride is not harsh at all and the drop is very nice but not over excessive, though it still has to settle in.
it by far out handles my Trans Am and basically anything i test drove before. I have to say its amazing what the TRD set up does for this car.
To be honest this is how the car should come stock if you ask me.

here is a picture of when it was stock from the other day

and here are two from today with the body kit, TRD lowering springs and TRD shocks and struts

i guess its time for some TRD badges

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 7:08 PM
o and here is a nice picture of the interior
the fabric on the center of the seats reminds me of carbon fiber lol

Thursday, October 11, 2007 12:11 AM
Quote:

it by far out handles my Trans Am and basically anything i test drove before.

and by basically do you mean not the mini cooper, because i can almost guarantee the cooper would out hand this, even with the TRD add ons

Thursday, October 11, 2007 6:03 AM
Car looks really nice, I'm planning on getting the TRD lip kit and lowering springs very soon for my tC. How noticeable is the drop with the TRD lowering springs considering it's only a 1.25" drop?
Thursday, October 11, 2007 6:52 AM
Thursday, October 11, 2007 7:56 AM
Nice pick up man. I don't blame you for going from T/A to TC. I love F-body's to death, but I remember mine. If it were my only form of transportation I don't think I'd like it so much. I had my wifes Sentra and now our Xterra. An F-body for your one and only car can be a pain. Jinx can't say @!#$ on that because i'm pretty sure he has a beater just for that. Not too many who actually have owned an F-body, no matter what gen, can disagree.

I like the headlights. Looks pretty good. I'm not a big fan of silver though. I think the black is dead sexy. Of course every car is dead sexy in black.

Thursday, October 11, 2007 9:21 AM
Very nice!
Hope ya enjoy it man.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, October 11, 2007 12:17 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Very nice!
Hope ya enjoy it man.

X2

Thursday, October 11, 2007 6:10 PM
Welcome to the Scion family!!!

If you have any questions about parts, lemme know!

Sunday, October 14, 2007 7:11 AM
Rabbit(AKA RedAssassin) wrote:Nice pick up man. I don't blame you for going from T/A to TC. I love F-body's to death, but I remember mine. If it were my only form of transportation I don't think I'd like it so much. Not too many who actually have owned an F-body, no matter what gen, can disagree.

Oh come now, you had a 3rd gen, what do you expect?

And, O M G 3500 bucks for the TA?!?!?! Where the hell do you live that they are that @!#$ cheap?!?!?

Sunday, October 14, 2007 7:31 PM
indibluemini3 (aka navycav3) wrote:
Quote:

it by far out handles my Trans Am and basically anything i test drove before.

and by basically do you mean not the mini cooper, because i can almost guarantee the cooper would out hand this, even with the TRD add ons

ive been driving it all week with the trd setup up and i would have to say i like the feel of the handling of this car better than a stock Cooper S, this car feels a lot more neutral now and more predictable then the mini was. I took the car out today and was zipping around the same turns i tested the Cooper S on (was in the area) and was able to pull threw them slightly faster, around 5mph +. please keep in mind i test drove the Cooper S 4 times and the Dealer was very adamant about me driving the car as hard as i could and trust me i didn't hold back. the Cooper S at its limits acts very strange for a front driver, the rear breaks loose kinda like if you gave a powerful rwd car to much gas around a turn. of course you could eliminate that if you where to turn the DSC system on but then that slowed the car down while taking sharp turns and i didn't like it. The TRD Tc has no such problems. however the stock Tc's suspension is somewhat rubbish with to much body roll for my liking.

the transformation from stock setup to the TRD setup i have is like night and day and im sure will get even better with front and rear sway bars

Quote:

Car looks really nice, I'm planning on getting the TRD lip kit and lowering springs very soon for my tC. How noticeable is the drop with the TRD lowering springs considering it's only a 1.25" drop?

thanks, the drop is pretty noticeable right away, everything has yet to settle in. From what i read it will be even lower than what it is, though where its at now im very happy with it.

Quote:

O M G 3500 bucks for the TA?!?!?! Where the hell do you live that they are that @!#$ cheap?!?!?

that was auction / trade in value on a 98 T/A that had 135k on it.. i think it was a fair price for trade in. hell i only paid 5k for it last year i got my 1.5k of fun out of it

Monday, October 15, 2007 8:16 AM
I hate you... LOL j/k

I'd love to get an 08, but I'm still quite happy with my 06. I'd love to pick up the 08 head and tail lights

Welcome to the Scion family!

(btw, I love the look of a black car... but silver hides dirt VERY well I've found... much easier to keep clean )

Monday, October 15, 2007 10:39 AM
you wanted a 25-30yr old woman car

then a 17-20 yr old girl car

what duh fizzle?

Im out there Jerry and Im LOVIN EVERY MINUTE OF IT
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search