Some random pics from h2o 2007 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Some random pics from h2o 2007
Sunday, September 30, 2007 6:10 PM
Figured I might as well post some pics from this years h2o in OC......

Here they are, in random as can be order...

This is the BBQ the day before the show btw...

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com

Re: Some random pics from h2o 2007
Sunday, September 30, 2007 6:46 PM
that is some obscene tire stretch on the black car! how can you even drive a car like that?
Sunday, September 30, 2007 6:51 PM
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

everything > VW

Sunday, September 30, 2007 7:08 PM
Darkstars wrote:I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

everything > VW

lol

Most of those cars > J bodies

Sunday, September 30, 2007 7:21 PM

that girl and guy, and the audi are very close friends of mine, his audi is sick, she has a white golf and her husband has a new rabbit. All really nice people

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, September 30, 2007 7:27 PM
I'd have to say it looks more like a junkyard than a car show.

Sunday, September 30, 2007 7:30 PM
that stretched tire crap is UGLY. i dont care what people say about the vw scene and that being an ok thing to do... i dont care what you drive, that is fukking stupid, ugly and would be looked down on in any other scene... guess the v-dub guys get special treatment for stupid mods that otherwise would be hated...

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Sunday, September 30, 2007 7:46 PM
1 HOT Z (Mark A) wrote:I'd have to say it looks more like a junkyard than a car show.

sorry but a lot of those cars are extremely nice, and this coming from a kid with a cavalier.. no offense but having a J doesn't rank to high in the world

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, September 30, 2007 8:51 PM
and having a VW doesn't rate very high in quality or reliability
or apeal but thats persoanlly preference. I hate eveythign about the sick euro tuner style, the small rims, tires way to skinny for the rims, wheels that are damn near solid faced, random colored wheels and lights, the need to put a european looking plate on everyhting, doesn't matter how ugly the wheel the deeper the lip the better... hell I see people at work all the time that will swap out there good brakes to a base models brake so they car roll around on 14's that stick out mexican style with some stretched tires.

I hate eveything about the the VW scene

Sunday, September 30, 2007 9:00 PM
i was hoping to see some of my friends form there....didnt but cool pics none the less

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Sunday, September 30, 2007 9:19 PM
Darkstars wrote:and having a VW doesn't rate very high in quality or reliability
or apeal but thats persoanlly preference. I hate eveythign about the sick euro tuner style, the small rims, tires way to skinny for the rims, wheels that are damn near solid faced, random colored wheels and lights, the need to put a european looking plate on everyhting, doesn't matter how ugly the wheel the deeper the lip the better... hell I see people at work all the time that will swap out there good brakes to a base models brake so they car roll around on 14's that stick out mexican style with some stretched tires.

I hate eveything about the the VW scene

x2, glad im not the only one

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *

Sunday, September 30, 2007 10:11 PM
Chris DeNisco wrote:
Darkstars wrote:I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

everything > VW

lol

Most of those cars > J bodies

ANything past Mk3 = NOT to my liking.

BUT I would take a nice Rabbit or Fox . or a full Euro Mk2 Jetta with a tan leather interior .

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Monday, October 01, 2007 8:39 AM
If you look closely you'll see the "Check Engine" & "Service Engine Soon" lights.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, October 01, 2007 9:18 AM
what the heck is up with that multicolor abortion of a car? That is hideous! Are they serious?

Monday, October 01, 2007 9:47 AM
SPITfire wrote:what the heck is up with that multicolor abortion of a car? That is hideous! Are they serious?

if you close its tape thats colored/painted... so in that aspect no they aren't serious...

When you get a REAL Harlequin Golf form VW.... yes they are serious..... and this is striaght how it came form VW (minius the window vinal)

Monday, October 01, 2007 12:07 PM
^^^LOL^^^

There is one of those running around my town I always see it, I thought it was a joke or something.

And the paint is all faded, looks like something peaced together at a junkyard.
Monday, October 01, 2007 12:42 PM
SPITfire wrote:what the heck is up with that multicolor abortion of a car? That is hideous! Are they serious?

The taped one was a joke. I was talking to the owner of it, said he hated the paint on it, and wanted to joke around. Hence, the tape. I have a couple other pics of it with all the tape in front of it as well...

As far as the VW scene itself, yea, its a lot of stretched tires, pulled fenders, and such, but at least most of the cars there pull off the look. Me personally, I wouldnt do it, but to invest that kind of time and money into it is something I was hoping the people here at JBO would at least respect.

This meet was also by far the most well behavied group of people ive seen, minus a few people who really just ruined it for a lot of others.

Quote:

1 HOT Z (Mark A) wrote:

I'd have to say it looks more like a junkyard than a car show.

Huh? I see a lot more dead j-bodies in the junkyards then most other cars (minus Neons mostly). A lot of these cars are prolly in better shape then VW even put them together in.

But eh..... i wasnt expected all good reactions from people here, but seriously, no need to bash other tuners tastes. These people put in just as much time and energy as any other show car, and a lot of them didnt even enter their car INTO the show, such as the white MK3 Jetta w/ the front mount.

Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Monday, October 01, 2007 1:07 PM
Me personally, I never said I don't repect what they do... I give respect where its due, quality work is quaility work. Just becasue I don't liek it doesn't mean i don't respect it.

But seeing as its VW... I have a special place in my heart for VW's. For a living I work on VW's all day everyday... you learn to HATE them. Now you mix hate for VW in general with a style of modding that is extremly tacky and unatractive and I really don't have anything nice to say LOL

Monday, October 01, 2007 1:10 PM
Eh.......... im stating more in general like, "looks more like a junkyard" type of comments. Being as you work on them, I can understand the hatred (believe me, the mk3 w/ the chalkboard hood, Ive been helping the kid who owns that, its getting annoying).

Anyway.... if people wanna see more pics, ive got em.

Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Monday, October 01, 2007 1:48 PM
Former MkIII owner, and yes.. they're not exactly cream of the crop: I got better driveing and service out of an Alero with double the mileage.

The only one I'm mildly interested in is this one:

Monday, October 01, 2007 2:38 PM
The only thing I can say is...I miss OC

Monday, October 01, 2007 2:40 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the stretch tire look is really hideous..

Quote:

Watching you parade around my bedroom in a thong was a little like watching sea lions mate.

Monday, October 01, 2007 3:55 PM
ive had more problems with my J then my friends GTI has had....and shes got 30k miles more then me

Monday, October 01, 2007 4:00 PM
-all the vw's round me never have problems 4 or 5 are pushing damn near 300 whp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 01, 2007 4:01 PM

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 7:49 AM
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Former MkIII owner, and yes.. they're not exactly cream of the crop: I got better driveing and service out of an Alero with double the mileage.

The only one I'm mildly interested in is this one:

Gam, not really a lot done to that one.....

Corvette Rims and drop pretty much sum it up. Owner was pretty chill too. If I have more pics of it, ill see if I can post em up.

Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search