3.6 direct inject engineering problem? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3.6 direct inject engineering problem?
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 10:54 PM
My issue of European Trend... I mean "Motor Trend" has a tiny article that GM insiders acknowledge an unfixable engineering problem on the 3.6 direct injected V-6. They dont say what the problem is. Has anyone heard of this and can expand on it???

Re: 3.6 direct inject engineering problem?
Friday, September 28, 2007 4:51 AM
There is no TSB's on GM's SI. I havn't gotten any emails either to look out for something. If there was somthing wrong GM sends out a bulletin/email discussing the problem/concern and says if there is fix or not. If not they state that engineering is working on it.
I haven't got anything on the direct injection 3.6 other than the ticking noise.
Friday, September 28, 2007 6:02 AM
I have heard that the engine is prone to vibrations high in the RPM band... I know for a fact its an NVH issue, not anything serious...

I'm guessing an inherent balancing problem?

*shrug* all the more reason to make it the base engine in the camaro... a little rough around the edges never hurt the camaros image... the CTS's however.....

Friday, September 28, 2007 8:17 AM
^Correct.
Supposedly there is to much resonance. Personally I did not notice it, I guess people complaining were comparing it with an electric engine.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, September 28, 2007 1:23 PM
Well my 3.6 is not DI so, I am not that worried.

Saturday, September 29, 2007 4:12 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:^Correct.
Supposedly there is to much resonance. Personally I did not notice it, I guess people complaining were comparing it with an electric engine.

Ever notice that Honda can have trannies dropping over and again and they get no flack, but a GM product with a slight vibration at high RPM makes news.

Saturday, September 29, 2007 10:40 PM
the 3.6 vvt without the direct injection is noisy as it is in upper rpms.....

although mine went poof, so maybe its not all of em... i'll let ya know...

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search