Chinese car + wall = :( - Other Cars Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Chinese car + wall = :(
Saturday, July 07, 2007 7:43 PM
Now that may seem like a racist/ignorant subject line, but consider this. Chinese car company Brilliance has launched their BS6 sedan, which scored a horrific 1 star in the European NCAP crash tests. See why with this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvhuFvkX688

The video speaks for itself. Notice that the firewall moves, the A-pillars are compromised, the door opens, and the dummy ends up sandwiched sideways between the steering column and seat. In the side impact test the testing device literally goes through half of the car. Note the broken arm, spinal column, and neck for the dummy.

Now, I have nothing against Chinese companies building cars, but this is just shocking. Some freelancer was brave enough to take one of these BS6s up to 120 on the German autobahn in this review for CARandDRIVER.com

To me, it's shocking that anyone would think of selling a car this dangerous today. I wholeheartedly believe an average car from the 1960s would be safer in a collision than this car. Your thoughts?

I was happy when I heard my car ran 10s. Then I found out that was 0-60.

Re: Chinese car + wall = :(
Saturday, July 07, 2007 8:10 PM
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search