How NOT to lift your truck - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How NOT to lift your truck
Saturday, July 07, 2007 12:56 AM
See attachments, or original post here...
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/908546-post21.html

Attachments
BackVeiw.jpg (126k)
RearVeiw2.jpg (131k)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Re: How NOT to lift your truck
Saturday, July 07, 2007 1:56 AM
what the......

Saturday, July 07, 2007 2:27 AM
maybe im missing something, he but blocks under his leave springs and got longer u bolts. sint that common practice in the truck world? its very early mayube someone coudl fill me in

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Saturday, July 07, 2007 2:47 AM
His axle is fuxxored cuz he doesn't know how to lift a truck.

Saturday, July 07, 2007 2:49 AM
i know NOTHING about truck and lifting them, would someone please explain what im looking at? more as whats wrong with the picture, i mean i know what leaf springs are

Saturday, July 07, 2007 3:47 AM
The way I understood it...
This:

Should look like this:

Look at how the U bolts are placed

-Seth

Saturday, July 07, 2007 9:06 AM
o yea...that is the problem...lol

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Saturday, July 07, 2007 9:36 AM
worst part is he is 18 and cars are his LIFE, kid is gonna freakin KILL some

Saturday, July 07, 2007 11:08 AM
Holy driveshaft angle. O_o

1983 Camaro Z28
Saturday, July 07, 2007 11:51 AM
ah ok, thanks

Saturday, July 07, 2007 11:54 AM
Lol, wonder if he thinks his truck will handle off road better. Should be interesting when he hits his first speed bump.

Saturday, July 07, 2007 2:26 PM
Thread Name : Axle Came Out From Truck Newly Lifted Titan While Driving! Need Info!

hmmmm oopppsss

Saturday, July 07, 2007 2:45 PM
yeah I give that driveshaft a few miles before that thing breaks and falls out LOL

Saturday, July 07, 2007 3:09 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Saturday, July 07, 2007 3:25 PM
ling427ttvette wrote:Holy driveshaft angle. O_o

batman...

Saturday, July 07, 2007 3:53 PM
oooooo...if i hadnt just dropped my car with blocks i wouldnt know there was a problem....

at least he has pretty blue leafs

Saturday, July 07, 2007 4:14 PM
That kid should end himself.

Way to talk @!#$ and look like a complete idiot.

Saturday, July 07, 2007 5:16 PM
Just noticed another thing, the u-bolts are installed wrong.. LOLOLOL

Some people do NOT need to be working on vehicles.

Edit: Anyone else notice that he also removed 2 leaf springs it looks like? He wanted to lift it but removed 2 springs at the same time...

Edit again: Look closely at the caliper, there are no brake pads installed... LOL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Saturday, July 07, 2007 5:41 PM

1983 Camaro Z28
Saturday, July 07, 2007 5:48 PM
Quote:

OK...so today was probably the worst day of my life. First things first...ive been around cars my whole life and im 18 years old. I just finished putting an 8 inch 3 inch body on my 04 smoke titan. I did the sha bang i painting my suspension components, my axle, my driveline, everything looked beautiful and i was just leaving my house to go get my 37 inch kuhmo's and 22 inch KMC wheels mounted. I drove about 200 feet and i started to accelerate when i heard the loudest thing ever and my back end dropped. I am the luckiest yet unluckiest person for 2 things. not lucky cuz my axle came out but lucky cuz the body landed on the back tire cuz i was turning when it happened so the truck didnt just fall to the ground. So thats that my question deals with the way the leaf spring is supposed to be mounted. I made sure everything was absolutely correct before leaving today yet this happened. So are the U bolts supposed to be bolted on over the stock bump stop the way they are stock or are you supposed to put them just directly over the leaf spring or is there a aftermarket bumpstop i was not given or whats up??? Cuz thats where my problem came from. The place on the bumpstop/u bolt mount where the u bolt hangs over bent right down on both sides which allowed my entire rear end to give out. Ripping brake lines, bending new shocks, scratchign my new blue paint, bending my shock mounts, brake mounts, and even my quarter panel. NEEDLESS TO say i was pretty dang pissed today. It sounds like a lot of crap to be fixed but luckily nothing is really expensive cuz ive had to save long enough to just get everything done. Well ill appreciate any info or help i get. thanks

Saturday, July 07, 2007 8:18 PM
no surprise there

Saturday, July 07, 2007 8:19 PM
ling427ttvette wrote:Just noticed another thing, the u-bolts are installed wrong.. LOLOLOL

yeah, that's the whole point. he accidently rotated it 90 degrees and didn't put the U bolts on right which caused it to come apart. that was just a stupid mistake.

Monday, July 09, 2007 8:37 AM
U bolts are backwards, lifting blocks look like they're AFU (180 degrees backward), Pinion Angle is WAY too steep...

Something had to give.

This is one of those times you oughtta RTFM.

Monday, July 09, 2007 8:53 AM
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:U bolts are backwards, lifting blocks look like they're AFU (180 degrees backward), Pinion Angle is WAY too steep...

Something had to give.

Rock to The Funk Machine?

bap bap bo beep bo duba duba be boop.

Click here for Blog
Monday, July 09, 2007 9:04 AM
Emor8t wrote:
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:U bolts are backwards, lifting blocks look like they're AFU (180 degrees backward), Pinion Angle is WAY too steep...

Something had to give.

Rock to The Funk Machine?

bap bap bo beep bo duba duba be boop.

Roll to the Frosty Man?

ding da doo dong dong dee dee doo dong ding ding doo dong ding.

Monday, July 09, 2007 9:42 AM
How could he not figure out that u-bolts mounted on top of rubber bumpstops won't keep your axle in place? lol

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search