NEVIS engine - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NEVIS engine
Monday, June 18, 2007 11:49 PM
http://www.nevisengine.com/technical.htm

imagine a four-liter normally aspirated V8 that makes 1,000 horsepower and gets good mileage? According to the Italian NEVIS (New Exhaust Valve & Intake System) Engine Company LTD., this sort of engine will soon be a reality. Complete with innovations such as donut-shaped pistons, the ability to run on any fuel you like (gasoline, diesel, bio, meth, hydrogen) and the Trekkie sounding Bortone Cycle, NEVIS's product should extend the life of the ICE for many decades to come. The killer app is the already mentioned Bortone Cycle that allows a power stroke for every 120 degrees of crankshaft rotation. Which means that for every power stroke your dirty old four-stroke pulls off, the NEVIS engine is performing six. Which we must say is pretty intriguing. Especially the part about the variable compression ratio going as high as 38:1. – Jonny Lieberman

Creative Draft Art Media Forums

Re: NEVIS engine
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 11:46 AM
wow you guys are dull

V8 that makes 1,000 horsepower and gets good mileage

and no responses.

Creative Draft Art Media Forums
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 12:03 PM
Quote:

wow you guys are dull
and no responses.
It's a lot of reading, and I'm trying to get some work in today as well lol.
Here's what I understand so far:

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 12:07 PM
no videos? weak

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 1:15 PM
There is a video, go to the main page, but I got tired of waiting for it to queue up.

Interesting concept, if it works, easily, and can last for as long as current engines do.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 2:29 PM
Nathaniel O'Flaherty wrote:wow you guys are dull

and no responses.

Well, if they make an 8 cyl. version it definately will not be a "V" engine.

What was impressive? Lots.. Not done reading but I do worry about those journals and wear, but it has to be better than the stupid apex seals on a rotary engine. 2 cyl, 1000cc making 250 HP, that sounds good too.

PAX

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated
- Mitch Hedberg (RIP)
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 10:21 AM
watched the video, remaining unimpressed.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, June 21, 2007 7:06 AM
After looking at more material, I still have concerns about wear. The vibrations are big and the way the pistons travel relies heavily on bearring journals staying tight. I wonder just how long it will last? The performance estimates are fantastic but they are just estimates. They have a working prototype, why do they not provide dyno numbers? I am guessing that they did not hit their goals with the prototype.

I'll keep an eye for progress but I won't hold my breath.

PAX

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated
- Mitch Hedberg (RIP)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search