Another "Give Me Ideas" post - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another "Give Me Ideas" post
Tuesday, June 05, 2007 9:37 PM
Ok, so the whole bike thing...yeah...didn't work out...the tiller was WAY to much bike and when I was going to pick up an R6, turned out the tranny was royaly messed up (Mechanic figured it might have been a broken shift fork)

So...being that I have grown extremely tired and bored with my sunfire, I really want/need a change of pace.

I've been going to school and luckily almost all of the cost has been covered by uber low intrest loans (less than 10 or all by grants and scholarships (yay for essays).

So...long story short, I'd like to get a new car, and I need some ideas. I've checked every avenue I know of in terms of makes and models, and I keep coming up short...

What I'd like in my "new" car
Manual Transmission
Preferably RWD
Number of doors does not matter
Price around $15k or less

I would really like a 300ZX TT, but considering those are about as rare in minnesota as an Italian person is, I've given up the search for one of those.

I've looked at F-bodies, but the only cars I can find with an LS1 all automatic transmissions, and I don't know if I want to go so far back that they have LT1's

Umm...looked for
Mustangs
240SX
IS 350
GTO
Supra
3-series
RX-7

All of those and more to no avail....

I did find a 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege that looks promising, but then it's a FWD car and I'd really like to get out of that whole deal.

I'm just trying to figure out any other cars that might be RWD that I've forgotten...if not, I'll have to think if I'll just stick it out with my fire or get a FWD car...

I dunno, just looking for suggestions/ideas

Thanks guys

Re: Another "Give Me Ideas" post
Tuesday, June 05, 2007 9:58 PM
I should clarify, when I said 10%, that was 10% of the cost of college...heh, not less than 10% interest rate...

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 8:54 AM
What about an RX-8? i've been seriously considering one of these. They seem to be great cars, lots of fun to drive and very functional as a daily driver. They can be had for 15K, maybe a little bit over for a '04 manual.
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 10:35 AM
We had an '02 Toyota Spyder MR-S, and it was a total blast to drive. That thing was quick and took turns like nothing. It was pretty much like riding in a super fast go cart. And there is plenty of aftermarket support for them. I wish we would have kept ours.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 10:43 AM
G35 Sedan: they came in an M6.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 11:38 AM
2000 WS6 6spd

1999 WS6 6spd

1999 Camaro SS 6spd

2002 Camaro Z28 6spd

2000 Camaro SS 6spd

Theyre alot more out there, you just need to know where to look.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 12:37 PM
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:G35 Sedan: they came in an M6.

i think the only ones you'll find for under 15k will have about 90k miles on them

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 1:03 PM
rx8 ftw!!!!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 1:10 PM
The RX8 is a horrible idea.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 4:30 PM
JinxedZ THE LOVED ONE wrote:The RX8 is a horrible idea.

agreed

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 4:44 PM
JinxedZ THE LOVED ONE wrote:2000 WS6 6spd

1999 WS6 6spd

1999 Camaro SS 6spd

2002 Camaro Z28 6spd

2000 Camaro SS 6spd

Theyre alot more out there, you just need to know where to look.

Those are all good cars...but way to far away. I mean, no offense, but I'm not going to drive 800 miles to pick up a car...not unless its 100% worth it...now don't get me wrong, I'd love a WS6 Trans Am, but I need something closer thats all.

I may just go with the MazdaSpeed Protege...it's a good car all around and the more I think about it the more sense it makes...I mean, I have to be able to move up later right?

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 10:12 PM
dude they where just examples of what is out there if you look.....

Thursday, June 07, 2007 7:13 AM
Its not like Im going to choke you in your sleep for not buying an LS1 or anything ...

And the MazdaSpeed Protege is junk.

How about a GTP?

Thursday, June 07, 2007 7:34 AM
gto

GM Stage 2 &&& air box modification
Thursday, June 07, 2007 8:28 AM
Quote:

Its not like Im going to choke you in your sleep

Only if he moonlights as an asian hooker!

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Thursday, June 07, 2007 9:20 PM
JinxedZ THE LOVED ONE wrote:

How about a GTP?

No manual transmission...drove one, very quick, but not what I'm looking for and most of the cars are 4 doors, and lets face it, the nicest ones are the coupes, and those are pretty rare around here.

I test drove an MSP, not to bad, more of a handling car than anything...

And besides, I need something to move up to in about 5 years right? Might as well be an LSx variant

ZlineDavid wrote:
Quote:

Its not like Im going to choke you in your sleep

Only if he moonlights as an asian hooker!

Well...that's how I was figuring I was going to pay for my new car...hmm...better stay away from the border then

Re: Another
Thursday, June 07, 2007 10:00 PM
have you checked an is 300 as well as the 350? i doubt you'd be able to find a 2-yr old lexus for anywhere near $15k that hasn't been driven into the ground
do you like AWD? scoobie!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search