Fog Lights - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fog Lights
Saturday, June 02, 2007 4:46 PM
O.k. I like my fog lights, personally they are awesome at night, they are amber colored and i will get a picture of it tonight. They do stick out a bit far but you can't even tell unless you're directly in front of them. To each their own. and i like them

05 Mazda RX-8

Re: Fog Lights
Sunday, June 03, 2007 1:21 AM
....k?

Sunday, June 03, 2007 6:55 AM
Just showing an install i did on my car..get a convo going lol

05 Mazda RX-8
Sunday, June 03, 2007 12:31 PM
I like my fog lights too

Sunday, June 03, 2007 12:49 PM
I never really understood the use of a small fog light, I don't know if they work better or worse. I would assume that they wouldn't work as well as a bigger one. Ohh well, who knows!

dan

Sunday, June 03, 2007 3:30 PM
I don't know. I'd think that a high voltage, smaller, more focused lamp would be better than a bigger, generalized one.

As for the install, it looks darn good. Looks almost stock. I'm going to be installing some nice driving lights on my Pathfinder in the next couple of weeks. I"ll post pics of that when I'm done..

-John

Sunday, June 03, 2007 5:16 PM
thanks. if i get the bottom grill inserts off ebay they are coming off. because my bumper doesn't have the real inserts for fog lights they are just drilled on there. But thanks for the compliments

05 Mazda RX-8
Sunday, June 03, 2007 5:52 PM

I love my foglights too...altlhough it did require a complete front-end change, but I had a good reason, lol.
Sunday, June 03, 2007 7:16 PM
very nice if i had the ss/sc bumper i'm sure they would have fit in there better and look much nicer.

05 Mazda RX-8
Monday, June 04, 2007 3:27 AM
here are my fogs.... " I like my fog lights "
they're german. they're oem, they're getting a matching HID retro
.... oh and yeah.... " I like my fog lights "

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj ( o   \[][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj
Monday, June 04, 2007 7:49 AM
oh those are nice!

05 Mazda RX-8

Monday, June 04, 2007 9:01 AM
I hate mine. I want urban's.

thatisall

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Monday, June 04, 2007 1:06 PM
i liked mine OE's till one got a leak, filled with water and blew the bulb..a couple times. now in seriously thinkin bout a set of LED fogs..i saw several sets on ebay, some are kinda pricey but look cool. im thinkin of goin amber as well...

either way, i dont think im gonna stick with the OE's...gonna go aftermarket...just something else subtle to set my car apart from the rest of the cavs on the road.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Monday, June 04, 2007 6:24 PM
Quote:

I never really understood the use of a small fog light,

they're usually projectors, so they're more compact, and compared to stock big ones, they're much nicer IMO.
I have some auto zone projector amber foglights I installed in place of the stock (useless) foglights on my '99 Cav. Z24, and they made a huge improvement in nighttime visibility, and I like the look of them. I'll get a pic. tonite... I also have Sylvenia Silverstar bulbs in the headlights, which also make a huge improvement in visibility (HID look my @$$, but who cares what it looks like if they're not real, anyway).
Monday, June 04, 2007 6:40 PM
My stock foglighs don't do ANYTHING, except fill up with water time and time again. Maybe I should look for some aftermarket ones.
Monday, June 04, 2007 7:23 PM
wait... is there some way to post pics from my computer? Just a link to instructions would be cool. I hate to be the one that asks newbie Qs like this. I'm not a "Premium Member".
Monday, June 04, 2007 7:25 PM
no, but you can use http://photobucket.com/. it's easy to use and free.

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj ( o   [][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj
Monday, June 04, 2007 9:07 PM
I rarely ever use my foglights since getting them installed with the bodykit (ironic isn't it?) but I have found they do give a little bit extra corner lighting when they are turned on, especially if I'm taking a taking a turn. They don't necesarily make the road infront of me that much brighter but at the edge of the car, the extra lighting is appreciated when needed. Now if I can only find brighter bulbs. I've had the hardest time finding Sylvania SilverStars for the headlights and they seem virtually impossible to find for the foglights. I don't want to go to HIDs (yet) but I would like a brighter & whiter bulb for the foglights and headlights.
Tuesday, June 05, 2007 3:40 AM
the silverstars are nice, used to have them in the heads and fogs, great combo, but id blow 1 of the 4 lights almost every 3-4 months...gets kinda heavy those things arent cheap. i have some "cool-blue" or something like that in the heads now...1 fog is filled with water so i havent been using them. gonna replace em soon though.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 10:55 AM
I actually had SilverStars in my Cavalier when I owned it. They were much better improvements over the stock Cavalier lights. I think they were going about 2 years strong in the Cavalier when I traded up to the Mustang. The lights on the Mustang on pretty bright stock, I'd compare them to the Toyota Camry (my only point of reference since I rode in one at night with the headlights on) and if you ever rode in a +2002 Toyota Camry at night you know exactly how bright they are. I just want something that's more white, more crisp than what I use now. As it were I'm having a hard time finding H13 replacement bulbs for the headlights and PS24W (as they are listed in the Shelby GT500 manual) bulbs for the foglights.
Tuesday, June 05, 2007 7:49 PM
Quote:

id blow 1 of the 4 lights almost every 3-4 months...

if you touch the glass on the bulbs, the oil on your hands will cause a hot spot on the glass, which will cause the bulb to burn out quickly; halogen lights burn extremely hot. If you even think you may have touched the glass, wipe it off with rubbing alcohol b4 turning them on.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 8:18 PM
I like mine also...

Thursday, June 07, 2007 12:21 PM
I have silverstar headlights, they light things up real nice. foglights I just use cheap Eurolight blue ones, cause they burn out all the time. But Silverstars are supposed to be guarenteed for a year. so if they burn out, send them back
Thursday, June 07, 2007 1:37 PM
i like my fogs too

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search