Wideband help(LM-1) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wideband help(LM-1)
Saturday, May 05, 2007 10:11 PM
I have an LM-1 sitting next to me that I bought about 2 years ago. Not sure what happened..but the Bosch sensor is stripped out. Now do I just rethread it? Or what do I have to do?

Also, I know how I'm supposed to set it up, but my bigger question is how do I run my car to check how it's A/F ratio is? I live in a small town with a lot of country around..do I take it out there and push it hard while having a passenger reading it to make sure I'm safe? Or do I just do normal driving and see how it's reading?

The car is an 89 Supra with a 20G, S-AFCII handling fuel, Profec B with boost. Was tuned to run on 12-18 psi(Depending on mode) on the previous motor..just want to make sure it's all OK with the new one.

My plan for the car is to run it as a daily driver/weekend warr car. Putting no more than 6k miles a year(Work/Family very close). The AFC is locked by the previous owner...so I have no idea how to get into it to change it..supposedly can reboot it from a small battery in the back..that'd be bad for me I'd imagine because I'd have to start a new and have no knowledge of the working of an AFC.

Sometimes I wish things could just stay simple, lol. Manual boost controllers, adjustable FMU's, etc.

Thanks for the help.

Will race for food

..check out my miscellanous mods

Re: Wideband help(LM-1)
Saturday, May 05, 2007 11:52 PM
get a new sensor

Re: Wideband help(LM-1)
Sunday, May 06, 2007 12:02 AM
So I should drop 100$ on a brand new sensor that has half bad threads?

Will race for food

..check out my miscellanous mods
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search