HEY HONDA PEEPS! NEW CAR, NEED OPINIONS - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HEY HONDA PEEPS! NEW CAR, NEED OPINIONS
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:05 PM
Hey I just picked up a 94 Honda Prelude SI it has the 2.3H non V-TECH motor and 5speed trans. has all options except auto trans. car has 81,000 on it and is in good condition & runs great(i rebuilt the stock motor with o.e.m. parts last summer for the previous owner)

just lookin for opinions and stuff & want to know the potential of this car since I know nothing about the honda tuner scene and havent found a honda forum i like.

I have ordered some stuff for it

OBX Intake Manifold
DC Stainless Header
AGX shocks & struts
EIBACH Pro-Kit springs
Front & rear camber kit
Spoon upper front & rear strut tower braces
AEM CAI
Urethane Motor & Trans Mounts
Complete Urethane suspension bushing kit

and some other stuff i just cant remember now.

thanks!

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.

Re: HEY HONDA PEEPS! NEW CAR, NEED OPINIONS
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:17 PM
My buddy had a '96, which I believe was the last year for that body style, had the same engine/trans combo as you.

Had a clutch, intake, header, exhaust. Around a mid 15 second car judging by him and my buddy's Sunfire always messing around.....they were pretty much dead even each time. Needed to boost it! Though he claimed parts were hard to find.......it's a Honda .

Here's a shot of her, just sold it recently-

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:20 PM
oh yeah i only paid $800.00 for it thats what i charged the guy for the engine build.

and the wheels im getting for it in a few weeks are 17" ENKEI "WDM"
tires are BF Goodrich g-force T/A KDW

again just lookin for ideas, thoughts, concerns... etc.

still tring to find a fairly quite yet free flowing exhaust for it.

thanks!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:24 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:My buddy had a '96, which I believe was the last year for that body style, had the same engine/trans combo as you.

Had a clutch, intake, header, exhaust. Around a mid 15 second car judging by him and my buddy's Sunfire always messing around.....they were pretty much dead even each time. Needed to boost it! Though he claimed parts were hard to find.......it's a Honda .

Here's a shot of her, just sold it recently-

thats a really nice lookin car.

mines painted "pepsi" blue with a purple and blue flake added to it. im redoing it though.

the guy sold it cheap since he cant get in or out of it anymore, hes elderly. (had a hip replacement & back surgery)

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:29 PM
He had the Megan Racing catback on it, if you're alright with a fart cannon.

Decent pricing and full stainless.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:51 PM
good deal, i love my 5th gen

http://www.absoluteprelude.com/forums/

| '89 Z24 Auto | '99 Prelude 5spd | '04 GS500F | '05 HD 883L |

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 5:19 PM
hmm. how about projector headlights:

..... and LED taillights:

before:

durring:

after:

i love that gen! my buddies that we made the projector headlights and LED taillights for has an auto, but it still is very nice!

congrats on the great pick up jason!!!!

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 6:27 PM
damn josh... nice tails...

flaked i wanna see pics of your lude... what color is it?

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:29 PM
girlRacer wrote:good deal, i love my 5th gen

http://www.absoluteprelude.com/forums/

Thanks for the link!!!!! Thats the best site ive seen yet for the lude!

And I LOVE YOUR CAR!!!!

Sunb1rd wrote:damn josh... nice tails...

flaked i wanna see pics of your lude... what color is it?

I agree on the tails!

pics will be here soon! i just need to remeber to bring my camera to work with me.

The car is "Pepsi" blue with purple & blue metal flake. its been repainted by the previous owner.
I am going to respray it this summer here at the shop, the previous owner spayed it in a garage
and it has some fish eyes and a few other small imperfections if you look close. but overall it looks good
just bugs the hell out of me that its not perfect since i work at a body shop. also it has the original si wheels but
for some reason they were painted black...

I wish I knew more about Hondas, I know G.M. products like the back of my hand. Im going into this project BLIND!!!
kinda surprised of the performance this car has stock.
all i did when i rebuilt it last year was a real mild intake and exhaust port smoothing and I THINK bored .20 over just cant remember.
and everything else was a oem style rebuild.

anyways

these are the headlamps im going to order
headlamps

I have a 7000k Hella H.I.D. kit already that will fit, I want to get another set for the high beams! lol

also looking for a nice set of foglamps.... any suggestions? I want a O.E. look if possible

I am not a fan of spoilers but I did order one like this.... it was kinda spur of the moment. hope i like it when it comes in.
Roof Spoiler

I will be getting these in about 2-3 weeks along with Stainless hoses for front & rear and Hawk Pads
Brake Rotors

Will I need this camber kit?(is it good or not) I know on jbody's you dont but my lude isnt a "j"
Camber Kit

I want a short throw shifter, Is this what I need? I was expecting a whole shifter assy like my cavfire had.
Shifter

I need opinions here, Im looking at these taillamps... never been a fan of altezza style tails but these arent bad.
maybe i will just tint my stok ones.. idk
Taillamps

Oh and I was looking at both of these but not sure if its a good idea or not?
Lower Tie Bar

Rear Suspesion Arms

see I want to lower the car and do it right the first time, also i want great handling since i am gradualy getting into autocross more and more.

thanks again!

any input is greatly appreciated.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:35 AM
ok I see alot of caber kits for my car that look similar to each other but they range in price drasticaly fron $6.00 to close to $200
for a kit. obvious there is some kinda difference. doea anyone have any input on this?

thanks

Thursday, April 26, 2007 1:23 PM
help!

Friday, April 27, 2007 11:24 AM
my friend has a jdm B16-A & 5spd. out of a totaled 96 civic hatch that i can buy from him
he said i can have the whole car for 1500.00 the motor has about 80k on it ,he installed it 2yrs ago.
think its worth it? i know its alot of work to swap a v-tec motor to a non-v-tec.

thanks

Friday, April 27, 2007 11:35 AM
the rest of the civic is garbage, a big cement pole fell on it and crushed everything from the front sets to the back of the car) the only undamaged body part is the front bumper... lol

Friday, April 27, 2007 7:04 PM
not sure on the engine swap, but as far as camber kits go i have SPC kit on my car.

| '89 Z24 Auto | '99 Prelude 5spd | '04 GS500F | '05 HD 883L |

Saturday, April 28, 2007 2:43 PM
Type SH, and Type S 97-01 = Orgasm Preludes. H22 & H22 Type S for the win !. (SH came with the ATTS tranny)

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Saturday, April 28, 2007 10:38 PM
good pic up that was the only other car i wanted other than my cav.But it would have been a bitch for a car seat. get some pics

Monday, April 30, 2007 7:27 AM
Don't swap engines. I have a friend running a 15.01 in his with intake, header, exhaust, and just some light weight wheels. Keep the non v-tech engine and turbo it. That is the route he is going. I know that I will get flamed for this because he did as well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search