The Toyota dealership has actually managed to convince my mom that Toyotas are bad cars - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The Toyota dealership has actually managed to convince my mom that Toyotas are bad cars
Tuesday, April 03, 2007 12:42 PM
Bravo Toyota. Bravo.

In the time she's owned it, she's had to replace the door gaskets because it was raining inside the door and two batteries have died on her. Not a big deal in itself, but the dealership was so slow and stupid and a**holish about it that she is now convinced she should have bought a Dodge Neon.

Great Job Toyota, just keep satisfying your customers.

Re: The Toyota dealership has actually managed to convince my mom that Toyotas are bad cars
Tuesday, April 03, 2007 12:46 PM
Knoxfire wrote:Bravo Toyota. Bravo.

In the time she's owned it, she's had to replace the door gaskets because it was raining inside the door and two batteries have died on her. Not a big deal in itself, but the dealership was so slow and stupid and a**holish about it that she is now convinced she should have bought a Dodge Neon.

There's the majority of your problems. Sounds like the place is @!#$ty, and I bet the service department is just as bad. Call corporate though. I know Scion takes corporate complaints seriously, I'd imagine Toyota would too.

Re: The Toyota dealership has actually managed to convince my mom that Toyotas are bad cars
Tuesday, April 03, 2007 12:49 PM
the toyota dealerships here are really good. I was a lot tech at a toyota dealership. They sold cars left , right, up and down. all the buyers seem to like their cars and came back for more.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 12:49 PM
Same problem people have w/ alot of places anymore. Sad really.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.767@109.93
Tuesday, April 03, 2007 1:10 PM

What year is her car? I've never even heard of a car that had to have it's door gaskets replaced, let alone while it's still under warranty.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 1:17 PM
Find a better stealership(spelling?) You can take it to any toyota dealership, doesn't have to be where you purchased it.

-Chris

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 1:29 PM
My last words regard poor dependability and cars were, "Just get rid of it, I don't care if I drive a Cavalier..."

Just look were that got me!

....Yeah Sunfire........

Tech Tone Blog
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 2:58 AM
crumb-bum dealerships turned me off GM.
imagine you have one week left on your new car warranty.
you need to bring your car in for AC service (because gm screwed up the first 2 times)
your step-dad's surgery (cancer-related) gets bumped up to the same date.
you call the dealer to explain your situation and they tell you it's not their problem.
warranty expires. car doesn't get fixed.

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj ( o   \[][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 5:15 AM
My wife just had a problem on our 06 Sentra. She took it in under warranty and she said they were great to deal with. She said no complaints except for the guy hitting on her, lol. Makes me glad I went Nissan. Although, it sounds like you're just having problems with that service dept. Not toyota itself.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 5:18 AM
your an idiot.

ive seen camrys last 300,000+ miles and only need a fuel pump.

if ur willing to believe an entire company is @!#$ty because of one simple POS dealership then u and ur mom both deserve to drive dodge neons.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 5:52 AM
Whos an idiot?
You are just being a dick quick2k2z24.
Who cares if you hve seen camrys lasat 300,000+ miles w/ only needing a fuel pump. This one happened to need some door seals.
You do realize that most people only contact w/ a company is from that one POS dealership. Or maybe you dont.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 5:53 AM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:your an idiot.

if ur willing to believe an entire company is @!#$ty because of one simple POS dealership then u and ur mom both deserve to drive dodge neons.

Go reread the post and then read your response. Teacher gives you an F for written comprehension.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 6:01 AM
zero wrote:

What year is her car? I've never even heard of a car that had to have it's door gaskets replaced, let alone while it's still under warranty.

then you've never heard of a VW hahahah, water leaks come in all the time

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 6:05 AM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:your an idiot.

I believe you're the idiot this time . Read posts slower next time so your brain can catch up with your eyes and comprehend what your reading.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:15 AM
Darkstars wrote:
zero wrote:

then you've never heard of a VW hahahah, water leaks come in all the time

Almost all of my experience with cars has been with American cars. The only foreign cars that family members have owned have been a VW Beetle that my Mom bought which had so many problems with it she traded it in on a Cobalt after three months and my wife's old Hyundai that had the tranny completely die at 62,000 miles.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:14 AM
customer service is JOB #1

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:16 AM
zero what year was your wife's Hyundai?
I had a 98 elantra that the tranny disintegrated at around 60k miles

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:22 AM
ive generaly been a believer in the car is only as good as you treat it... it doesnt matter what make.

some cars need more attention to certain things over others because of design or another reason.

in this case with the door seals, who knows why they were like that but @!#$ happens. sorry about the fact that the dealership was acting the way they were. unfortunatly if they were the reason why toyota (or even that dealerships owner) lost a customer then the need to be dealt with.

with regards to that GM dealership that said it wasnt their problem... blow them up

1997 RedR - ZedR
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:10 PM
I just think it's funny because my mom puts about 3500 miles (5000km) a year on her car tops. She never drives it. Yet she's had the seal problem and her brakes make an insane amount of racket when she brakes. The dealership just shrugs it off like it's nothing. I swear if I was the one on the phone I'd raise holy hell.

What I hate the most about them if that they always "fix" the problem but not the cause. The battery died so they changed the battery. The brakes made noise so they said it was "normal" wear. This car has 38,000km (most of that milage was mine actually from all the times I borrowed it) on it and it's a 2004. That is not normal wear and tear. Why did the battery die? Why did the brakes make noise? They can never answer that without going "Ohhh you know..."

Oh and her remote starter killed her battery as well AND didn't work correctly. All installed by the dealer.

The place drives me nuts. Toyota's are the best cars out there but if I had to deal with jackasses like that I'd rather drive something less reliable, or just buy a used car.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:30 PM
Sappy96 wrote:zero what year was your wife's Hyundai?

It was a 97 Accent, she bought it new. One thing that really annoyed me was that, even though it was only 2,000 miles over the warranty the dealer acted like we didn't even exist. They would even go half and half with us on a new tranny, over 2,000 miles!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:59 PM
This post has actually managed to convince me that you are a bad poster

zero wrote:

It was a 97 Accent, she bought it new. One thing that really annoyed me was that, even though it was only 2,000 miles over the warranty the dealer acted like we didn't even exist. They would even go half and half with us on a new tranny, over 2,000 miles!

acting like you dont exist is one thing, but if he was just acting like your warranty didnt exist, well, he has every right to
i mean its a dickhead thing to do, 2,000 miles isnt a hell of a lot, but its a pretty significant driving amount
if he goes half and half on the tranny cost, hed lose money as the company wouldnt reimburse him since its out of warranty, and there is no guarantee that youd come back and buy another car

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 1:46 PM
themarin8r wrote:This post has actually managed to convince me that you are a bad poster

zero wrote:

acting like you dont exist is one thing, but if he was just acting like your warranty didnt exist, well, he has every right to
i mean its a dickhead thing to do, 2,000 miles isnt a hell of a lot, but its a pretty significant driving amount
if he goes half and half on the tranny cost, hed lose money as the company wouldnt reimburse him since its out of warranty, and there is no guarantee that youd come back and buy another car

But not helping us out one bit on a car that was barely out of warranty pretty much guaranteed that we would never be back.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 3:36 PM
What's the bigger gamble?

Spending a grand to make a customer happy with a car brand and hoping he comes back, and can be screwed into buying a car that nets the dealership 1000+, or not spending $1000, and not selling one car sometime in the next 3-5 years?

One of these is a sure thing, the others a gamble. Maybe he has a bad poker face.

Tech Tone Blog
Thursday, April 05, 2007 9:57 AM
a guy i work with has a rav4. loves the truck but say it will be his last toyota ever, thanks to the dealerships hes had to deal with. getting warranty work done was like pulling teeth from a mad pitbull. and not just 1 dealer, but several. and hes an older guy, no modds, stickler for maintenance, etc. has totally ruined him on toyotas...why buy a car the dealer doent want to support...the warranty is part of the price of the car, and should be honored without a fight.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Thursday, April 05, 2007 12:14 PM
If the car is built half decently, warranty claims should never even be an issue

You know everyone wants to rip on GM and how bad thier reliability is, explain to me then how I bought my cavalier and owned it for 5 years putting on 98,686 miles and never had it to the dealer for anything but oil changes. I never had a single warranty claim.

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search