Chevy Nomad will return for 2009 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Chevy Nomad will return for 2009
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:44 PM
In 2009 Chevrolet will unveil a Lambda-based Chevrolet crossover that will be called Nomad and that will bring back a storied nameplate that dates back to the 1950s. The Chevrolet Nomad was a station wagon produced by the Chevrolet from 1955 to 1961.
The Nomad name would be resurrected and used on a new crossover that would be a sibling to the 2007 GMC Acadia. The upcoming Chevrolet crossover will be a seven-seater with unibody construction that will replace the slow-selling Chevrolet Uplander. Sources say Chevrolet is convinced that returning to retro names... although not to retro styling... is the way to win consumers. It’s similar to a trend that is in vogue with other domestic manufacturers, including Ford, which recently revived the Taurus name.
The Nomad design was an offshoot of a 1954 GM Motorama show car of the same name that was based on the Corvette. Chevrolet also revived the Nomad name on a 2004 concept vehicle off the Kappa platform that featured a removable rear roof panel and a folding tailgate.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Chevy Nomad will return for 2009
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 2:13 PM
cool, where are the pics?
Although, citing the taurus as a financial model, not exactly the best thing I have heard of.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 27, 2007 3:37 PM

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.767@109.93
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 2:35 PM
will it be as cool looking as the previous concept?
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 3:50 PM
Picture this vehicle, but with Chevy badge and styling.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 4:05 PM
so no...
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 4:06 PM
i was a lil bit excited til you gave the link.....

ghey

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 5:28 PM
GM is freakin stupid

what a way to ruin a good name , youd think they learned when the stuck the nomad name on the vega to try to get sales

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 5:39 PM
i was excited until i realized that the acadia looks nothing like a nomad should... bad idea GM. make some new cars... forget the old names... and WTF is the uplander? is that the small SUV type thing? i have never seen one nor advertising for one... maybe thats why they arent selling.... D'oh
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:45 PM
BBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I now officially hate GM and will NEVER buy from them. The Nomad was one of the greatest (in my personal opinion) cars of the 50s. To have its name butchered for an SUV (even if it is a "crossover") is just plain WRONG.

Man... I have no faith left in humanity.

-John

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:07 PM
Quote:

bad idea GM

+1

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:26 PM
HORRIBLE.

name COULD be good. NOT on the acadia platform. yuck.

Creative Draft Art Media Forums

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:01 PM
What ever happened to the 2 door sedan delivery hhr idea?

Calling anything that isn't a 2dr v8 rwd station wagon a nomad is just plain wrong.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 1:11 AM
will there be an opel based pontiac safari? probably cuz gm is dumb and lazy...

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 4:32 AM
I wish they would just bring the old cars back in there original styling instead of restyling them to look like @!#$ or rebadgeing other cars. @!#$ gm is stupid and deserves to go under.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 5:26 AM
boo!
so there will be 4 of the same vehicle again
buick enclave, saturn outlook, gmc acadia, and chevy nomad

come on now

george

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 6:02 AM
Herb Wilson wrote:i was excited until i realized that the acadia looks nothing like a nomad should... bad idea GM. make some new cars... forget the old names... and WTF is the uplander? is that the small SUV type thing? i have never seen one nor advertising for one... maybe thats why they arent selling.... D'oh

i see uplanders all the time and its not a SUV its a minivan its was the venture till GM redesigned the minivans a little bit

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 7:05 AM
Here is a concept nomad from 2004 NAIAS that would be a little better if they are going to revive a nameplate like nomad. Even though its still rather ugly lookin (in my opinion) but i think its less of an insult to the nomad name....

http://www.supercars.net/cars/2736.html

Front end looks like the solstice does... what do you think?
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:18 AM
damn i got happy till i saw the link. i like wagons but that just looks like every other suv crossover whatever you want to call it out there. dissapointed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:28 AM
i want the nomad show car they did a few years back, based off the solstice/sky platform...now that was a rockin little concept...a 2 door, rear drive,wagon version of the solstice...id buy one..especially with the 260hp turbo motor.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:01 AM
Quote:

Here is a concept nomad from 2004 NAIAS that would be a little better if they are going to revive a nameplate like nomad.

YES!! That would be MUCH better. I'd even consider buying one of those!! GM should take a page out of Dodge's book, and if they're going to bring back the Nomad, make it something to compete with the Magnum. Maybe even make a performance model and stuff in and LSx engine.

-John

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:45 AM
CodeRedZ24 (aka Geeds) wrote:
Herb Wilson wrote:i was excited until i realized that the acadia looks nothing like a nomad should... bad idea GM. make some new cars... forget the old names... and WTF is the uplander? is that the small SUV type thing? i have never seen one nor advertising for one... maybe thats why they arent selling.... D'oh

i see uplanders all the time and its not a SUV its a minivan its was the venture till GM redesigned the minivans a little bit

lol my bad... told ya ive never seen them...

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 4:20 PM
un4givn wrote:
Quote:

Here is a concept nomad from 2004 NAIAS that would be a little better if they are going to revive a nameplate like nomad.

YES!! That would be MUCH better. I'd even consider buying one of those!! GM should take a page out of Dodge's book, and if they're going to bring back the Nomad, make it something to compete with the Magnum. Maybe even make a performance model and stuff in and LSx engine.

I am sure if they put that model into production, Malett (however you spell it) would throw in a LSx engine in there like the solstice. I would buy one if that was the case
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 4:24 PM
wtf isnt a nomad supposed to be a wagon? not another @!#$ suv...@!#$ SUV's!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 6:11 PM
Cavie Freak wrote:I wish they would just bring the old cars back in there original styling instead of restyling them to look like @!#$ or rebadgeing other cars. @!#$ gm is stupid and deserves to go under.

x7

So true.. GM is ran by a bunch of f'n morons, and this just proves it.

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 7:44 PM
Quote:

I would buy one if that was the case

DITTO!!

-John

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search