Lincoln LS - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lincoln LS
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 7:55 PM
Just wondering if anyone here had any firsthand knowledge related to these cars, specifically the first few models years (2000-2001 i beleive). I've been fond of how these cars looked and looking through autotrader they aren't too pricey anymore. After an incident with the sunfire tonight it looks like i may be putting it up for sale soon. If anyone has any knowledge to share it would be appreaciated, thanks.

Re: Lincoln LS
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 8:50 PM
My father-in -law used to help biuld them.

Don't waste your money.

Guess What I see quite a few of in repair shows?

You can get them pretty cheap around here...

Thursday, September 07, 2006 2:42 PM
I love them. The Lincoln LS uses the same frame/chasis as the tbird, jaguar s-type, and the new mustang. The chasis has changed slightly throughout the models, but it's a great frame on all models. The Lincoln LS is available with a V8, which is pretty powerfull and has alot of aftermarket availablity. I'd definately look for a V8 instead of the V6. The difference is night and day.

I Love the LS, and would buy one in a heart beat!

Friday, September 08, 2006 2:03 PM
^

I agree I have always loved the LS. To bad they stopped making them. I would love to own one no matter what engine size.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Friday, September 08, 2006 3:33 PM
I bought one about 3-4 months ago.

It's a 2001 V8, very nice car, havent had any problems yet. Plus with the MagnaFlow exhaust and intake on it, it sounds bad ass.

I also am friends with a couple people who have them and never have they had any issues with them (most have owned for about 3yrs)

Just don't get the 2000's they had the most problems (as do most cars in their first year), Stick with the 2001 and up and you should be good.

Good luck with your conquest.

Oh yeah whoever said it is a night and day diff. between the V6 and V8 is completely right. And the gas mil. is pretty decent for a V8.

http://myspace-613.vo.llnwd.net/00342/31/60/342400613_l.gif
Friday, September 08, 2006 5:54 PM
do a search, there has been a few posts on the LS. But from my expirience, even though i hate ford motor company, the LS v8 was amazing!

My grandpa bought one when it first came out and just recently got rid of it with 130K miles on it. He owned it for about a year and ended up keeping it for a commuter car. Its had almost zero problems. I gotta be honest, if i liked the looks still, id buy one..

Comfy, roomy, powerful, fun...

Friday, September 08, 2006 8:18 PM
smwklm03 wrote:I bought one about 3-4 months ago.

It's a 2001 V8, very nice car, havent had any problems yet. Plus with the MagnaFlow exhaust and intake on it, it sounds bad ass.

I also am friends with a couple people who have them and never have they had any issues with them (most have owned for about 3yrs)

Just don't get the 2000's they had the most problems (as do most cars in their first year), Stick with the 2001 and up and you should be good.

Good luck with your conquest.

Oh yeah whoever said it is a night and day diff. between the V6 and V8 is completely right. And the gas mil. is pretty decent for a V8.

It also depends on the model too....

The 00s were pretty bad...from 01-03...I go with the lower end models...they seem to have the best luck...

From 03 up..you should be pretty safe.

Don't get me wrong-they are fun to drive cars...and I like the look of the newer ones...

Ya just gotta be careful....

Saturday, September 09, 2006 1:22 AM
Well, yeah, you take the good and the bad hand-in-hand.

But just my personal opinion, I love the car, and am very pleased that I purchased it thus far.

http://myspace-613.vo.llnwd.net/00342/31/60/342400613_l.gif
Saturday, September 09, 2006 11:31 PM
Just got a used 04' in on trade. (at my work)
I think it is a very nice car. Looks good, solid car, no rattles (at 60K miles), has plenty of power (3.9l V8), dash interior is somewhat empty but nice, electronic e-brake.

Monday, September 11, 2006 4:31 PM
and airconditoned seats, make fat asses happy

Monday, September 11, 2006 5:12 PM
I always liked how they look, then again I drove a 1990 Town Car for a while and loved it.

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 1:09 PM
I think they are real nice looking cars. all they need is wheels and suspension and they look bad-ass. If you get lucky you could find and 00-01 with the V-6 and a, get this, 5 speed manual transmission! The first row-your-own lincoln in sixty years or so. But the V-8 does have significantly more HP. I just think it would be cool to have a stick-shift lincoln.

later,

Steve

My other car is an interceptor.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 1:27 PM
I almost bought a v8 LS in 01-02, they are nice. I remember taking my mom and dad to test one, they loved it, they didn't even realize that I got up to 90 mph. Very quite and comfortable car but it doesn't ride like a continental, not your grandpa's Lincoln. I believe they have aluminum front fenders and maybe an aluminum hood also. I know that at the time people were installing sports-shift systems on the non-sport models, this had the advantage of eliminating the computer limits on shifting that the factory sports-shifting models had. I still wouldn't mind getting one, I wonder if they have a problem with wheel-hop or twisting the IRS. I know that that there was a roots type supercharger for them, but I'm sure there are better options how. The mustang was going to share the same frame but I think they changed their minds. Mmm, 4.6 LS.

-Religion breeds self-righteousness.
-Ignoring problems rarely fixes them.
-All men are CREATED equal.
-We DO legislate morality.
-Justice does not exist.
-Rely only on yourself.
-Legalize marihuana.
-Gun control kills!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search