2006 Customer Service Index Study - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2006 Customer Service Index Study
Monday, July 24, 2006 10:11 AM
The 2006 CSI Study is based on responses from 79,580 owners and lessees of 2003 to 2005 model-year vehicles. It measures the customer satisfaction of vehicle owners who visit the dealer service department for maintenance or repair work during the first three years of ownership, which typically represents the majority of the vehicle warranty period. Overall customer satisfaction with dealer service is based on six measures: service initiation, service advisor, in-dealership experience, service delivery, service quality and user-friendly service.
No GM is rated below industry average.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: 2006 Customer Service Index Study
Monday, July 24, 2006 10:34 AM
Go Pontiac!

Actually I would tend to agree with these results. We just finished up a three year lease on an Aztek (don't start on me, it was my wife's choice...) and while the car itself could have been better reliability wise, the service from the dealer was very good.

If there had been a hatchback version of the G6 like there is the Malibu, we would have gotten another Pontiac. We thought about a Torrent, but honestly, it's too much like the SUV we don't want/need.

Interesting to note where Toyota ended up....

George (geozinger)
'95 Sunfire GT-my second Pontiac from Hell!
'97 Cavy Beater-still running like a champ!
'04 Sunfire - my kid's car, but I get the bills...
'09 Pontiac G6 - Sport Package 1

Monday, July 24, 2006 10:41 AM
geozinger wrote:
Interesting to note where Toyota ended up....

What's more interesting is that Lexus was #1. Why the gap?

Monday, July 24, 2006 11:33 AM
^^^ of course we're talking about dealer experiences...

'Yota puts a lot of energy into the Lexus experience, maybe not so much the Toyota experience?

George (geozinger)
'95 Sunfire GT-my second Pontiac from Hell!
'97 Cavy Beater-still running like a champ!
'04 Sunfire - my kid's car, but I get the bills...
'09 Pontiac G6 - Sport Package 1

Monday, July 24, 2006 12:03 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

actually it looks like GM is above average

unless higher numbers are bad
Monday, July 24, 2006 12:44 PM
B Malkins wrote:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

actually it looks like GM is above average

unless higher numbers are bad

Exactly, No GM brand is rated below average. I think you mis-read Goodwrench's statement

Monday, July 24, 2006 1:17 PM
well that is gonna fall , seams alot of people with cobalts are bitching about dealer service , or lack there of

Monday, July 24, 2006 2:26 PM
They really should break it down per vehicals per year. You have companies selling 500k + cars ... to where others are selling less than 100k a year.

dan

Monday, July 24, 2006 4:19 PM
I agree with the Isuzu rating! Glad we sold ours!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 4:11 PM
A lot of shockers on that.

Land Rover? I would figure that they would have a really high index. You pay that much for a truck, you'd expect really good service.

VW too. Wow.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 5:10 PM
Apparently, I lose

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 6:00 PM
i'll vouch for Suzuki with lousy service. Thank God the cars are reliable because their service stinks.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 6:30 PM
RaiLS wrote:A lot of shockers on that.

Land Rover? I would figure that they would have a really high index. You pay that much for a truck, you'd expect really good service.

VW too. Wow.

Here's one theory on why land rover is so low: Land rover is a niche car. (not everyone can afford one, don't like the looks, ect.) So they are a limited number of them made.
From my experience on niche market cars (working for saab) parts can be difficult to get a hold of. Expecially on new cars.
Example: A brand new car has a problem with any number of modules on the car. It needs to be special ordered. Because there is no way they are going to have a specific module for this brand new car. So the customer has to wait maybe a week or more. They fill out their report bad, because the part was on backorder.

That and maybe people who buy L.R.'s are very pickey.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 7:21 PM
teh Sunfires... (Tom) wrote:

VW too. Wow.

Here's one theory on why land rover is so low: Land rover is a niche car. (not everyone can afford one, don't like the looks, ect.) So they are a limited number of them made.
From my experience on niche market cars (working for saab) parts can be difficult to get a hold of. Expecially on new cars.
Example: A brand new car has a problem with any number of modules on the car. It needs to be special ordered. Because there is no way they are going to have a specific module for this brand new car. So the customer has to wait maybe a week or more. They fill out their report bad, because the part was on backorder.

That and maybe people who buy L.R.'s are very pickey.

LRs are not "Niche" vehicles. Niche vehicles would be Maybach, Lotus, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Rolls, etc--something in low volume-- or nameplates not mentioned on the list.
The parts are usually not hard to get, it just takes really long to get to the dealer because the parts comes from over seas or they don't make extras (more so on new models). I used to work for MB I remeber parts would be on back order for a long time because of that.^
Everything else is true though.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 5:52 AM
Very interesting to see. I must say that I'm quite surprised to see GM above average. I don't know too much about US JD Power survey data, but I would imagine that this is a big improvement for GM.

I used to work in service marketing for an auto manufacturer in Canada, and I worked quite a bit with JD Power data. I can't remember the name of the survey that I worked with mainly, but it focused a little less on dealer type, and more on service facilities in general (actually it grouped GM into Goodwrench, and it grouped other brands by manufacturer too rather than separating the brands). Also, it surveyed people beyond just the warranty period (3 years) that the CSI does.. I think it was based on up to 7 years of ownership. In Canada, GM and the other domestics scored well below average. I do remember that the difference between being below average and above average was pretty minor, and that the sample size could be pretty small. Bottom of the list was always Canadian Tire, Walmart etc... and Mazda. Mazda always seemed to be well below the other manufacturers, not just in service but in the purhase survey (SSS) too. After working with that data it scared me away from ever buying a Mazda.
Wednesday, July 26, 2006 6:22 AM

I think I know why ... its not because it takes too long for the parts to come in. Its the quality of the vehical that people complain about. I remember hearing on the radio, John Mackelroy (sp) said that when Land Rover gave them the HSE for him to test drive, SO many things went wrong. DVD player didnt work, moving the seat electronically ... ect. And I think its safe to assume that if you pay atleast 70k for a new car ... it would work fully with minimal bugs, if any.

dan

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 7:41 AM
Quote:

well that is gonna fall , seams alot of people with cobalts are bitching about dealer service , or lack there of

they have never given me a hard time when i bring my car in. but its never had to go in for other then oil changes. same with the malibu never had to go in for anything other then oil changes and when ever they give the cars back they do a free car wash and check the tires and brakes. only $24-28 for the cars oil changes
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search