Thinking of picking up a WS6 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Thinking of picking up a WS6
Saturday, July 22, 2006 6:39 AM
Anyone here that has a 4th gen T/A? How do you like it and how is the overall build quality? I am thinking of picking one up w/ t-tops withing a year or so. Either for me or if my g/f wants it.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447

Re: Thinking of picking up a WS6
Saturday, July 22, 2006 8:44 AM
Build quality...

Do you like rattles??
I forgot what it rode like stock.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747
527.0 RWHP
469.0 ft/pounds
A short video of "Slowass"
Saturday, July 22, 2006 8:59 AM
My friend has a 1999 Formula w/T-tops and the inside is drum tight. Build quality is overal good, I'd just think it looks like a funeral as it is all Graphite (dark).

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Saturday, July 22, 2006 9:01 AM
Mr. Luos wrote:Build quality...

Do you like rattles??
I forgot what it rode like stock.

Did it rattle stock or after your mods?

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447
Saturday, July 22, 2006 9:09 AM
I have read that they are built like Js on the interior, you get rattles after driving them off the lot

I have also heard that some, like MrGW said, are tight and not rattles whatsoever

All depends

DJTorello, LMR, El Fuego, whatever name he uses is a liar, troll, and fraud
Newbie with a Sunfire that has a different rev limit than the other hundred thousands of Js
His custom made header, AWESOME!!
His custom tubed front Sunfire from the dealer
His other personality stole his identity
Fastest 01 Kia in the world!! 14sec 1/4mile at 118 mph!!!
Saturday, July 22, 2006 9:53 AM
I'm debating on getting a trans or not....... LT1 with performance done... i got a ride and it was scary as hell... seller claims it runs 11.5 and 10's with the nitrous setup it has. he wants 7 grand with 80k on the car not the motor. overall im impressed with the scary as hell factor of this car modded. but i really want to get my evo 9 so i cant decide if i should spend on this or go big money.

Saturday, July 22, 2006 10:11 AM
After mods.
I can't remember it stock.

Only had 11,000 on it when I started modding though.

527.0 RWHP
469.0 ft/pounds
Saturday, July 22, 2006 10:13 AM
I have a 4th gen convertible (which would be more prone to rattles plus it's 10 years old) and it doesn't have anymore sqeaks/rattles. All the rattles were from worn out bushings in the lower control arms. I replaced the arms with aftermarket ones and that took care of the problem.

I've heard that most 3inch catbacks on 4th gens tend to rub the body right by the rear axle and tends to rattle. Mine did but I took a bfh to the car so it wouldn't rub.

Supposedly subframe connectors will tighten up the car and eliminate almost all rattles. Those will be one of my next mods, as soon as someone makes a decent set that will fit a convertible....or I make my own.
Saturday, July 22, 2006 10:18 AM
id take a ws6 over an evo any day. even tho the evo is my favorite.

gotta love a v8 sound

happy happy joy joy

Saturday, July 22, 2006 11:24 AM
don't like the rattling dash....get subframe connectors. they usually get rid of alot of rattles, and if you plan to do alot of modding you'll end up installing them anyways.

they are great cars and respond well to bolt ons. they preform surprisingly well being your average 4th gens race weight is almost 3800lbs.

bottom line- ls1 auto f-body + dr's+3.73+3600stall+lid+cutout= 11's(high 12's with a monkey driving). and I have friends that autox 4th gens and stomp european and japanese competition all day long

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
when you beat someone in a civic people wine and make excuses
when you beat someone in a cavalier they pull over and check under thier hoods
Saturday, July 22, 2006 10:39 PM
I love the looks outside on the WS6 but hated the interior. My buddy has one and i loved driving. So I considered one before i bought my GTO, but couldnt get past all the plastic and rattles. Felt like my sunfire, and after my rattle-less Prelude i couldnt go back to rattle and squeaks. Plus for what most people were asking for them, i realized i wouldnt have to spend much more for the goat.

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Sunday, July 23, 2006 8:06 AM
Seriously...mine still doesn't rattle. 31,500. Decent cam since 21,000. Huge cam in there the last 3000.
My exhaust bangs my torque arm, but that is because there is 6 1/2" to fit 6" of pipe through. I love true duals.

I do have subframe connectors on it, that was one of my first mods. I recommend those to be a first mod for anyone.

527.0 RWHP
469.0 ft/pounds
Sunday, July 23, 2006 4:51 PM
I have a 2002 Trans Am Collector Edition. I absolutely love this car. The interior isn't all flashy, but performance wise....ya gotta love it. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Sunday, July 23, 2006 6:00 PM
my old man has a 2002 WS6 Trans am with headers, P&P head full exhaust and cams and she pulls like a bat out of hell, as i drive this fairly often since its only his daily all year around driver and it has no problems beating my uncles done up 03 Cobra Mustang and the market for parts on these cars is huge...

As for the built quality of them its amazing... we have not had any problems on it yet and its got about 55,000kms on it.. HUGE low end power and keeps it up threw the entire power band

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Monday, July 24, 2006 7:57 AM
Josh F wrote:my old man has a 2002 WS6 Trans am with headers, P&P head full exhaust and cams...

Wow how did you fit more then one in there?!
Monday, July 24, 2006 9:59 AM
wishihadanelky wrote:
Josh F wrote:my old man has a 2002 WS6 Trans am with headers, P&P head full exhaust and cams...

Wow how did you fit more then one in there?!

lol...ls1's have 1 cam

Thursday, July 27, 2006 8:55 AM
Do it.

Do it now.

"Turbochargers were for people who can't build engines"
- Keith Duckworth, Father of the Cosworth V8. Winningest motor in F1 history
Thursday, July 27, 2006 9:18 AM
What about a 99/01 Cobra? Nice interior, comparable power, good looking outside, and their price is dropping some due to the 03/04's and the GT500. I mean, I am a little biased, but still .

O noes!
Thursday, July 27, 2006 11:35 AM
^your sig is too big just to let you know. sig size is 500Wx200H max including text

-Borsty
Thursday, July 27, 2006 1:03 PM
Do you have any other vehicles besides the GTO? You might want to get something more practical if you don't. Having 2 RWD Muscle cars, although fun and entertaining, wouldn't be very practical.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:29 PM
RaiLS wrote:Do you have any other vehicles besides the GTO? You might want to get something more practical if you don't. Having 2 RWD Muscle cars, although fun and entertaining, wouldn't be very practical.

I have my motorcycle which, because I am in the south is pretty much my DD.

Smokey wrote:What about a 99/01 Cobra? Nice interior, comparable power, good looking outside, and their price is dropping some due to the 03/04's and the GT500. I mean, I am a little biased, but still .

Only mustang I would ever own would be a fox body and that would be a drag car. The 99/01 cobra is no where near comprable in power to the WS6 sorry to say. Thanks for the input tho. I understand being biased lol

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447

Thursday, July 27, 2006 10:48 PM
I mean, for trips, groceries, vacations. Especially if you have, or are going to have kids.

Hard to pass up an all black WS6 though. They are wicked.

Only F-Body I would own.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Friday, July 28, 2006 1:17 PM
Black > all

527.0 RWHP
469.0 ft/pounds
Friday, July 28, 2006 1:30 PM
LSx>all, if you get it, get the blackbird stripes, debadge it, you will love it.

Friday, July 28, 2006 2:33 PM
Mr. Luos wrote:Black > all

beautiful!!!! u make me sad... ive always wanted one...

-----------
ayo 8 Iz Enuff
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search