97 non turbo eagle talon - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
97 non turbo eagle talon
Thursday, June 22, 2006 9:26 PM
does anyone have any experience with these cars? how they hold up and stuff? what kind of numbers they put out? im looking for a commuter car to bring me back and forth to college and i found one for a decent price with 113000 miles on it. just wondering if they are good or not.

Re: 97 non turbo eagle talon
Thursday, June 22, 2006 10:04 PM
there was a post i thinka bout a week ago talking about to two engines available, one is good and one was bad i think i cant remember right.
Friday, June 23, 2006 6:05 AM
420a motor is pretty solid. Just keep up the regular mantinence. I think they put out around 140hp and ft/lbs (cannot remember). They are fairly good cars all in all.

-Brandon

Friday, June 23, 2006 6:42 AM
Friday, June 23, 2006 9:31 PM
thanks redgote

Friday, June 23, 2006 9:43 PM
we put a junk motor and tranny (sohc) out of a totaled eclipse into one clean ass eagle talon. had $350 in it then had some one buy the two cars we tore apart for $150, so it was a $200 car that we put together in one weekend. that thing went through burn outs and tray slides, one crazy driver, another crazy driver (me), and a crazy 16 year old and that thing still runs two years later. the talon was a dohc auto we converted over to a sohc 5speed in one weekend, the reason for that was my impatient friend wanted to get it up and running so we through that in it, those are the easiest cars I've worked on.

View my MySpace
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search