GXP solstice pricing - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GXP solstice pricing
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 12:48 PM

Press Release:
New Turbocharged Roadster to Sell for Under $26K

Detroit - At the height of the summer solstice, Pontiac today announced that the turbocharged 2007 Solstice GXP will carry a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $25,995, including a $600 destination charge. The 260-horsepower roadster arrives in Pontiac dealerships this fall.

Powered by GM's new direct injection, turbocharged 2.0-liter Ecotec engine, the Solstice GXP adds a 47 percent boost of power to augment the road-gripping performance and seductive styling already available in the base model roadster.

"The passion customers have for the Solstice continues to amaze us and we have been sold out of the 2006 models for the past couple of months," said Mark-Hans Richer, Pontiac marketing director. "There's already a waiting list for the 2007 models, so we believe the GXP will only extend the Solstice's position as the top-selling roadster in the U.S., proving that a domestic car can retake a segment previously dominated by imports."

Model year to date through May, Pontiac has sold 15,145 Solstices, outselling the closest competitor in the segment by more than 2,600 units. Solstice remains one of the industry's hottest selling cars, contributing to a 20 percent increase in Pontiac showroom traffic since the beginning of the year and double digit percent sales gains in key coastal markets.

Pontiac is a division of General Motors Corporation (NYSE: GM) and markets the G6 sedan, coupe and retractable hardtop convertible, GTO, Solstice roadster, Torrent SUV, Grand Prix, and Vibe. Later in 2006, Pontiac will introduce the turbocharged Solstice GXP roadster and G5 sports coupe. Pontiac sold more than 437,000 vehicles in 2005, ranking third among GM divisions in total sales.

Re: GXP solstice pricing
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 1:02 PM
Can't wait for the Sky redline.. Much nicer looking car imho..

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Burgundy 2006 Saturn Ion - sold
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:01 PM
lone_wolf wrote:Can't wait for the Sky redline.. Much nicer looking car imho..

Absolutely

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:13 PM
Told you all.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:17 PM
im still waiting on the sky redline

but i really thing GM should use a boost gauge on the Apillar

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:28 PM
^Add approx $3K to the price of the GXP's price. I will estimate the MSRP for the RL will be around $27K-29K including destination charges.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:32 PM
I think it needs a 6 spd manual....

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:54 PM
Ender_Wiggin wrote:I think it needs a 6 spd manual....

yeah needs that also

ill hold you to that Mr G

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 3:09 PM
i still want one.

badly

-Borsty
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 8:21 PM
Nah, I'll take the Hot Rod / GMPD Solstice!!!
Click on image for larger view.

Like the body? It's hand laid carbonfiber! Notice the Hiem joints and steel rods bracing the splitter, they're there for good reason!

Notice the dual vertically alighned tail pipes, they sound great. A nice deep burble from,

this, the LS7 they put in it making over 600 horsepower!

Notice the difference in the front and rear wheels, they are actually the same design wheel. The rears are just spinning that much faster and that was all the way down the track with an 11.5XX quarter! Notice the driver is counter-steering to the right to keep it straight!

This is the nice four piston Brembo Brakes used to whoa this thing down. Notice how the wheel has been notched to clear the caliper. The front has a little more room, they didn't have to cut the notch up there.

Now where's that Viper SRT-10?!?!?!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:04 PM
MadJack wrote:

Notice the difference in the front and rear wheels, they are actually the same design wheel. The rears are just spinning that much faster and that was all the way down the track with an 11.5XX quarter! Notice the driver is counter-steering to the right to keep it straight!

actually you are VERY incorrect on that pic , it had different wheels on the rear for the drag strip

also it has ran 10.9 @ 135

ive got the artical in HOT ROD , and it shows different wheels for the drag strip , and said it ran a best of 10.9

Friday, June 23, 2006 7:36 PM
Ill Wait For The Hardtop, if it ever gets released.

<~~~~PWN3D!!
Monday, June 26, 2006 10:48 AM
HMMM hot rod powertour solstice and mallet solstice are $20k minimum + the cost of the car.

The GXP should easily hold up to 400hp w/ the turbo ecotec and cost alot less.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447
Saturday, July 01, 2006 11:44 AM
THey have made it up to 290 rwhp on the stock internal turbo 2.4 Solstice and are still working.
So im not worried about trading mine in for a GXP ever. I would be upside down anyway.
Buy this time next year God only knows what they will have done with my motor and I'll be ready to buy whatever I need to make this thing fast.

I am all that is man

Saturday, July 01, 2006 5:22 PM
yeah good luck getting it for that price in Jersey... some dealer just tried to stick me $29,990 for a 2006 2.4L 5 spd solstice.... i'd thus expect the GXP to me in the low-mid 30K range. Way to let your money-grubbing dealers f--- up a good thing GM!

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, July 01, 2006 5:27 PM
that is the hottest looking solstice EVER

screw the sky

<3 solstice <3

Sunday, July 02, 2006 4:43 PM
Where do you get your info. Right now there is a guy doing the full install for 9 grand if you supply your own engine. ls1 / ls7 either one. Or he can get a discount on a crate engine for you.

And I am still not seeing why people like the sky front better. it looks so shtty to me. I love my solstice!
Sunday, July 02, 2006 7:01 PM
Uncivilized R.T. wrote:Where do you get your info. Right now there is a guy doing the full install for 9 grand if you supply your own engine. ls1 / ls7 either one. Or he can get a discount on a crate engine for you.

And I am still not seeing why people like the sky front better. it looks so shtty to me. I love my solstice!

you are so full of @!#$
so you have 4 cars, you gf's rx-8 AND a solstice? yay @!#$ right

Monday, July 03, 2006 5:48 AM
back on topic

why spend the 9k for 400hp when you can get that out of the stock gxp block

also looks are subjective.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447
Monday, July 03, 2006 4:28 PM
Some people would rather have the sound of a V8 over a 4 banger regardless of power.
ANd bragging rights.

I am all that is man

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search