flowmaster 70 series what do you think - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
flowmaster 70 series what do you think
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 1:00 AM
just wondering if anyone has a 70 on there J

i was thinking of going with one on my GTI i had a 3 inch exhaust bent at a shop just looking for a muffler what do you guys think

i dont want something too loud at idle cause i still want to sneek out of the GFs house at 3 in the morn lol

any input would be appreciated

PPPSSSS!!!! MMMMMmmmMMM boost=yummy

Re: flowmaster 70 series what do you think
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:15 AM
flowmasters sound like ass on four cylinder engines... and they're probably going to hassle you for a gti related question that isn't in "other cars"... go with a full turbo back from APR, or GHL, or Techtonics... if you want it to be crazy loud, wicked tuning has a catless 3" turbo back for $550... cheap, but loud and won't pass inspection. Believe me when i say you will NOT like the way a flowmaster sounds on a 1.8T

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 8:42 AM
i already have a custom 3" turbo back exhaust with no muffler its crazy loud i was just looking for something to quiet it down a bit

but if they sound like @!#$ then never mind

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:10 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:flowmasters sound like ass on four cylinder engines... and they're probably going to hassle you for a gti related question that isn't in "other cars"... go with a full turbo back from APR, or GHL, or Techtonics... if you want it to be crazy loud, wicked tuning has a catless 3" turbo back for $550... cheap, but loud and won't pass inspection. Believe me when i say you will NOT like the way a flowmaster sounds on a 1.8T

Ask anyone that's heard my car if it sounds like ass. The guys from Hot Rod said its one of the best sounding 4 cylinders they've ever heard....and guess what I have. A Flowmaster...40 series to be exact. Don't know where you get your info but its wrong. I've heard lots of Honda with the newer Flowmaster designed for smaller displacement motors and it sounds awesome.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:43 AM
to make it quieter just throw a cherry bomb in the piping...... my only suggestion (thats wat my buddy said and his sounded nice and deep)

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 11:30 AM
I have the flowmaster 40 on my sunfire. It's perfect. At start-up you hear a purr, but at idle and 2500 RPM or less you hear nothing. If you get it on you hear a nice sound. That's what I wanted. Loud all the time crap is for kids.

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:32 AM
well i ended up getting a 70 series welded on today and all i can say is wow quiet idle and what a roar with the turbo and everything i wish you guys could hear it sounds awsome

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search