Thoughts on Mazda CX-7? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Thoughts on Mazda CX-7?
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 7:49 AM
I am currently in the market to replace my 04 Cav. Looking for something sporty, yet is reliable and useful.

I did test drive the cx-7, and really liked it, but am sure about the horrible towing capacity.

Any thoughts on the CX-7? Any known issues with the drivetrain? Any suggested mods?

Re: Thoughts on Mazda CX-7?
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:02 AM
i think it would be a fun to drive vehicle, but being its a turbo 4 cylinder would be my hold back. and you are right the towing capacity would suck.
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:08 AM
It's a new vehicle so I doubt there will be any known issues on it yet. If you're concerned about towing, I definately would not be looking at a turbo'd 4 cylinder vehicle. If you're looking for a sporty people mover then you should look into the CX-7.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:26 AM
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:04 AM
if you want something to tow and is a sportish small suv
look into the escape 6 cyl. they are pretty quick and would be able to tow better

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 11:58 AM
snoeterp82 wrote:http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=124154&t=111842#124154

That doesn't tell me much.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 12:08 PM
Seriously, if you have the cash, get the Acura RDX or the redesigned Honda CRV that is coming out next year...looks the same but is nicer, and you know its going to put together a lot better than that Ford product.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 5:07 PM
snoeterp82 wrote:Seriously, if you have the cash, get the Acura RDX or the redesigned Honda CRV that is coming out next year...looks the same but is nicer, and you know its going to put together a lot better than that Ford product.

??

Last I checked, the only ford products that were holding together were the ones with Mazda parts

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 6:45 PM
Ok, you didn't get my point...which is better Ford/Mazda or Acura/Honda?

I think we all know the answer to that question.

Lurch, as for known issues, its the first year that its coming out so I honestly don't know how much information there is out there.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 7:09 PM
Seriously i keep telling people...look at the new Suzuki Grand Vitara V6. you can't go wrong. don't listen to people just go drive one.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Sunday, June 25, 2006 1:16 PM
Jookycola wrote:Seriously i keep telling people...look at the new Suzuki Grand Vitara V6. you can't go wrong. don't listen to people just go drive one.

agreed...and you can drop in a 4.3 vortec and call it a day. guy i met had 2 of them...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search