The Stang to replace my J - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The Stang to replace my J
Monday, June 19, 2006 8:08 PM
since im sellin my cav, i need somethin to replace it...
well, i found this stang on ebay, and i liked it, so i went ahead
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-Ford-Mustang-5-0-V8-5-Speed_W0QQitemZ4650444372QQcategoryZ6236QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
anyway i think this thing has some potential
tell me what ya think

Re: The Stang to replace my J
Monday, June 19, 2006 10:19 PM
That's pretty cool. I'm sure it's got plenty of potential. Just let me throw my 2 cents in......I despise the 80's body style Mustang. I think its ugly. Anyways don't listen to me and I hope you have fun with it

Monday, June 19, 2006 10:30 PM
not bad but get rid of that rust fast the interior looks nice thats about it..

Monday, June 19, 2006 10:34 PM

or

those are my favs... for my 2 cents...

but it looks like a good find, i just dont like the rust in the one u found

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Monday, June 19, 2006 10:46 PM
I think you should watch this and think again: http://youtube.com/watch?v=nsuI4fMbF-g

A mustang is a waste of money.
Monday, June 19, 2006 11:40 PM
Not a big fan of the Rustangs but Im sure you'll have much more fun with it than the J.
Then again I cant say anything about rust...
Have fun but dont be 'that guy' in the 5.0

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 4:20 AM
Nice. Time to start saving up for a Procharger.
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 6:48 AM
Seems like a pretty good price. A lot more potential than any cavalier...

You can find used 5.0 parts dirt cheap, so it would be a nice cheap thrills project. I'd start with the bolt ons and fix the rust.
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:49 AM
Not bad, but get to work on that rust quick.

The 5.0 is a pretty solid block, can definitly handle a good amount of boost. There are a ton of Turbo Fox Bodies around here and they are quick as hell. So i say Turbo is the way to go with ur stang.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:59 AM
clean interior for the most part yeah yeah that rust would worry me

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:01 AM
KavaLieR_GT wrote:I think you should watch this and think again: http://youtube.com/watch?v=nsuI4fMbF-g

A mustang is a waste of money.

a cavalier is a bigger waste and that vid proves nothing except that an all out drag beetle can be built to beat a stock mustang
you lose at the internets!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 5:09 PM
Z-unit wrote:Not bad, but get to work on that rust quick.

The 5.0 is a pretty solid block, can definitly handle a good amount of boost.

No it can't. 500whp is about the limit. The engine works well with boost but the stock block is a very weak link.
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 6:21 PM
that is what i call a rustang

start on all that rust damage , and im sure there is more than what is shown

once the body stuff is done , have at it they are fun cars

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:34 AM
as much as i rib on mustangs all the time, they do have the potential to be awesome cars... its a shame most people never go much past and exhaust and intake, and the occasional cam and rockers and ring and pinion changes... Those motors are begging to spool a mighty big turbo lol... and you certainly can't complain about the level of aftermarket support. I wouldn't touch one with that much rust though, not with a ten foot pole. There are plenty of better specimens out there.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:11 AM
wow, with that much rust already visible, i cringe at the thought of how the floor boards look

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:24 AM
Quote:

a cavalier is a bigger waste and that vid proves nothing except that an all out drag beetle can be built to beat a stock mustang

Cavalier is not a bigger waste, at least you get better fuel economy. As "race" cars, both are a waste, but the Mustang is not even a good commuter. Fords are the biggest pieces of crap out there and if you don't see this you fail at life.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 11:33 AM
KavaLieR_GT wrote:
Quote:

Cavalier is not a bigger waste, at least you get better fuel economy. As "race" cars, both are a waste, but the Mustang is not even a good commuter. Fords are the biggest pieces of crap out there and if you don't see this you fail at life.

says the guy with the 2.2 auto...

yeah mustangs make terrible race cars, that's why no one builds em. game over
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 11:41 AM
Robtco99 wrote:
KavaLieR_GT wrote:
Quote:

mustangs are slow for what they bring, a big v8........even modded i expect more out of a v8, i beat them at the track all the time
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:12 PM
if your looking for a fox body my bro has one for sale its a 93 gt 5 speed needs alot less body work than that one he wants $3200

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:33 PM
Quote:

No it can't. 500whp is about the limit. The engine works well with boost but the stock block is a very weak link.

First off, prove it.

Second of all, yea ya know 500whp is nothing in those little Fox's (are you retarted?)
They dont weight that much so those things can get up and go with that kind of power.
Turbo is the way to go.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:36 PM
Chris IDV wrote:
Z-unit wrote:Not bad, but get to work on that rust quick.

The 5.0 is a pretty solid block, can definitly handle a good amount of boost.

First off, prove it.

Second of all, yea ya know 500whp is nothing in those little Fox's (are you retarted?)
They dont weight that much so those things can get up and go with that kind of power.
Turbo is the way to go.

There we go.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:38 PM
BOOSTED CIVIC SIR wrote:
Robtco99 wrote:
KavaLieR_GT wrote:
Quote:

mustangs are slow for what they bring, a big v8........even modded i expect more out of a v8, i beat them at the track all the time

way to join and be a troll on your first day
fill out your mod list on your super fast honda
and timeslips

oh and i know a civic can be fast, im not as big a tool as your friend Hector who thinks a fwd slow econo rattlebox has more potential because of gas mileage than a rwd v8 car......

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 5:59 PM
all i was saying is that a v8 stang is slow,. i expected alot more from then for what they are.
also ya my civic aint all that fast.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 6:06 PM
also here is my car site , its gona be totaly diffrent in acouple weeks once i get it back
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2384198
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 6:45 PM
um yeah if your cardomain isnt a big lie, then a 354whp civic will whoop on lightly modded v8's of any type because of the huge weight differential

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search