Might be getting my GVR4! Wish me luck! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Might be getting my GVR4! Wish me luck!
Monday, June 19, 2006 4:32 PM
One of my friends is moving to Vegas and he's seriously looking at getting rid of his Galant. I talked to him about it this weekend and he wants to get an Impreza WRX STi and if he finds what he wants the VR4 is going buh-bye. I've been holding out for a JDM model but I know this car. He's taken really good care of her and done all the maintanance himself. He dives it like he's an old man, which I would find hard to do with a car like that. It's fully prepped from engine to rearend, lots of speed parts, est. power is up in the 350+ range. Not the fastest ever but certainly one of the fastest if not the fastest, which is a safe bet considering in my circle of friends there are six GVR4s and only a couple more in the area.

Re: Might be getting my GVR4! Wish me luck!
Monday, June 19, 2006 4:37 PM
Damn it I need an edit button. As far as the being one of the fastest, I'm referring to the area we live in.

Monday, June 19, 2006 5:17 PM
ehh not a fan, but definitly, one of the best sleepers in my book

Monday, June 19, 2006 5:34 PM
Rosario wrote:ehh not a fan, but definitly, one of the best sleepers in my book

That's what I love about it. I love Mitsubishi cars. I like the Evo, it's a great car no matter what anyone says, but put a regular run of the mill Lancer next to a Lancer Evolution, and it's painfully obvious which one is the spawn of Satan. With the Galant VR4, and to most people it looks like every other Galant. Although the one I'm looking at buying has the JDM extractor hood and all that so it stands out a bit more.

Monday, June 19, 2006 5:36 PM
Good luck bro.

-Brandon

Monday, June 19, 2006 5:57 PM
Rosario wrote:ehh not a fan, but definitly, one of the best sleepers in my book

A fast galant is a good sleeper, but the best would be a new legacy gt. I sooo want one of those!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:38 AM
f-ing hideous, but definitely sleeper

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 5:36 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:f-ing hideous, but definitely sleeper

Yeah bro, you've told me that on more than one occasion. But as you also pointed out on one particular occasion, this is coming from someone who's driving a Beetle.

And how can someone possibly call this "f-ing hideous"?

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 6:27 AM
I agree it's ugly... who cares if scarab drives a beetle, it's just his opinion...

being offended by this would just make you a whiny bitch... it's all a matter of taste

BTW a beetle is fugly too

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 6:58 AM
Blown DanteMustDie wrote:I agree it's ugly... who cares if scarab drives a beetle, it's just his opinion...

being offended by this would just make you a whiny bitch... it's all a matter of taste

BTW a beetle is fugly too

Um, first of all, I'm not offended. Second, I'd be careful who you're calling a whiny bitch. You don't know me. I don't care that Scarab drives a Beetle. A while back in another thread, Scarab commented about my desire to own a GVR4 something to the effect of "a VR4 is ugly and that's coming from someone who drives a Beetle". We had a laugh and I took it with a grain of salt because I have a lot of respect for Scarab. Do yourself a favor and get the whole story before you refer to someone as a "whiny bitch".

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 7:07 AM
oh man I'm so sorry that I don't read every damn post and am not up to snuff about you two's love story...

now get over it

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 7:22 AM
ln2johnny wrote:Damn it I need an edit button. As far as the being one of the fastest, I'm referring to the area we live in.

from what i understand premium members DO have an edit button!! READ ME

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 7:38 AM
Blown DanteMustDie wrote:oh man I'm so sorry that I don't read every damn post and am not up to snuff about you two's love story...

now get over it

Some day when you reach some level of maturity comparable to that of a six year old retard maybe you'll finally understand you shouldn't pick a fight with or insult someone you don't even know To be completely honest, I don't hold a lot of hatred and I'm not a violent man. I carry a gun for a living and I honestly hope I never have to use it. But it's people like you I really wish would strap their worthless asses to a ton of dynamite and just end themselves so the rest of us could finally live in peace.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, June 21, 2006 7:42 AM

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 7:40 AM
Godspeed wrote:
ln2johnny wrote:Damn it I need an edit button. As far as the being one of the fastest, I'm referring to the area we live in.

from what i understand premium members DO have an edit button!! READ ME

Yeah, I hadn't renewed my membership yet and it's a little late to edit the post now, but yeah. lol... I hadn't even noticed that before. But I finally noticed the tuning forum this morning.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 7:48 AM
I didn't insult you... I wrote "being offended by this would just make you a whiny bitch..."

so I wasn't assuming you were offended... I said if you would be you'd be a whiny bitch... now let me see you said in your other post that you weren't offended, so why get butt hurt ? I didn't call you anything... nor did I pick a fight...

geez people need to learn how to read... AND stop being so damn defensive

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:02 AM
http://www.bradystribling.com/galant/

My favorite GVR4 -- Quite possibly ever.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:17 AM
very very very clean gvr4.
if you plan on upgrading it more let me know, i have 10,11, and 12 second set up's for sale. hybrid turbo's and t3/t4's, intercoolers (even a kit that fits the gvr4), exhausts, and a bunch of other crap laying around. 780cc injectors.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:18 AM
That's dead sexy.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:28 AM
Kyle Kurtz wrote:very very very clean gvr4.
if you plan on upgrading it more let me know, i have 10,11, and 12 second set up's for sale. hybrid turbo's and t3/t4's, intercoolers (even a kit that fits the gvr4), exhausts, and a bunch of other crap laying around. 780cc injectors.

Got anything for 1st gen T/E/L's? PM me if you'd like.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:43 AM
El Drifto?

LS1's never blow up;
Spray that puppy... 02 sensors are overrated.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:56 AM
Kyle Kurtz wrote:very very very clean gvr4.

That pic I posted was just one I found on the web. I tried to find some pics of Mike's VR4 online but no luck. I should try the VR4 site but for the life of me I can't remember what his user name is over there and going through the archives would be a PITA. There's a lot of black VR4s out there!!

But if I get this car I'm going to put it in the garage and go over it top to bottom just to make sure everything is in good shape. He really takes care of the car but let's face it, it's 15 years old. Once I know it's good to go I'll start modding. As is I think the car has high 12's in it with a little tuning but we'll see. I have no doubt it's making 350hp it's never been tuned on a dyno so I'm sure there's a lot left in the motor with the setup he's got. He's on the fence about selling it, his wife says it needs to go and he wants the STi, but no STi for Mike means no VR4 for me.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 12:01 PM
350HP on a DSM should be around low-mid 12's... Of course weight also a factor. A local guy ran 12.01 with 379WHP@28psi on an FP Red.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 12:32 PM
You might be right. I've never seen him run it at the track so I don't know. Hell, he hardly ever beats it on the street. It's a shame to let all that power go to waste. Sometimes I think he just does the mods he does just to say he did it. Either way I really want this car. I already talked to my loan officer and he gave me the green light so even if Mike decides to kee this one I can still get a different one. It's just if I'm going to buy one that's already been modded then I want THIS one. Otherwise I want one that's been completely unmolested so I know what I'm getting into.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 1:47 PM
Really not a fan of how they look either, but power is power. If I got stomped down by something like that I would definately bow to it. Respect, yes. Like how it looks, no.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search