honda help - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
honda help
Saturday, June 17, 2006 9:46 PM
well ive been looking for a honda, and i found 2 that are both priced at 700$, the first one i found is actually a 2 for 1 deal. Its 2 88 crx's, they both run but one has no front panels and the other has the others carburator. Its a 5 speed and both bodies are in great condition. The second car is a honda prelude, 5 speed, no front seats but can get them easily. What i want to know is what is your opinion on both the cars and what one would you pick?
-thanks rich

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2236703

Re: honda help
Saturday, June 17, 2006 9:52 PM
what year Prelude?
Saturday, June 17, 2006 10:02 PM
its a 1987-1991 i dont know the specific year though, its black with faded roof
the crx's are faded red and grey

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
Saturday, June 17, 2006 10:10 PM
crx's are small and light

can be made wicked fast

preludes get stolen alot

Saturday, June 17, 2006 10:19 PM
haha my step dad saw it and he told me that its a death trap, cause of the size. oh and get this he said i cant get a 240SX because its to fast and he had a mustang drag car when he was 16! ( never saw the drag strip lol ) and thats so true about preludes. What engine do u think it has? B16?

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
Saturday, June 17, 2006 10:32 PM
H22 or H23. 240's are not fast.

-Brandon

Saturday, June 17, 2006 10:42 PM
redecocav wrote:H22 or H23. 240's are not fast.

h22 in the late 80's?

I think it's either a 2.0L or 2.1L. Not sure.

Saturday, June 17, 2006 11:15 PM
Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:41 AM
240 is too fast, ahahahahaha, not stock thats for sure

-Borsty
Sunday, June 18, 2006 2:24 PM
lol yeah true but the car was turbo and the guy had to sell it cause he was in debt

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
Sunday, June 18, 2006 2:28 PM
The earlier Preludes had a few problems. Big question is does it have 4WS? The racks for those cars in VERY expensive and tend to go bad after time. I would stick to the CRX's. 2 for one and it doesn't get more simple for modifying or maintaining those cars. Plus, you could strip one down to the metal, carpet/sound deadning/interior/what have you and have a tiny little car that goes hella quick with little mods due to the WT reduction.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Sunday, June 18, 2006 5:27 PM
RaiLS wrote:Plus, you could strip one down to the metal, carpet/sound deadning/interior/what have you and have a tiny little car that goes hella quick with little mods due to the WT reduction.

I've been thinking about doing the same thing. Kinda just cleaning the camaro up making her sound good and look good. Then just having a light ass CRX that isn't even registered to take to the track.

Sunday, June 18, 2006 5:37 PM
well how many miles are on both? we need more info on the cars other than the paint is faded. import cars like that can run forever.

i picked up a 91 integra for 800 bucks w/ 173k on it and it runs great, ive been driving it for a year w/ no problems.

Sunday, June 18, 2006 7:22 PM
Get the CRXs!! I have had an 85 CRX since September 05 and it has been a blast to drive and has had good fuel economy. I fear it could be on its death bed right now though , but hey its got 347,XXX miles on it, so its lived a good long life. It definitely won't be the last CRX I own.

As for the Prelude, I only know two things. My roomate had one many years ago and he loved it. My cousin's fiance had one that got stolen, and I think the insurance co screwed him over and didn't give him $#*T for it afterwards.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search