MONTE SS/SC - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MONTE SS/SC
Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:32 AM
my brother has an SS monte i think 05 and its the SC (waste i know) but im not sure with this car but he bought a pulley without checking on what you may need with it and all the good stuff, he said a 2.5" which i think needs computer tuning cuz the SS cobalt does....anyone kno? if the 2.5" is a direct no need for anything else or will he need tune, injectors, plugs, maybe a MAF translator. thanks

speed kills, drive slow, drive a honda

You are what you Drive!

Re: MONTE SS/SC
Sunday, June 11, 2006 11:07 AM
I'll let one of the 3.8 guys answer, but I'm pretty sure theres no way in hell you're using that 2.5" without some serious modifications beforehand...if you're even using it at all.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 11:26 AM
Slammed Ohv (Baby Lenko) wrote:I'll let one of the 3.8 guys answer, but I'm pretty sure theres no way in hell you're using that 2.5" without some serious modifications beforehand...if you're even using it at all.

That's one small ass pulley for that blower, just to put it into perspective I have that pulley on my tiny M45.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 11:27 AM
yea i have no idea what hes running he said he thinks a 2.5 and i said your stupid u didnt even look into it he just ordered....thanks anyone else kno?

You are what you Drive!
Sunday, June 11, 2006 11:51 AM
Yea thats too small. I've got a 2.8 " on my Cobalt SS\SC and thats with GM Stage Reflash and larger injectors. To run a 2.5 on mine I need a completely retuned PCM.

Modds:
GM Stage 2 with SFPHQ 2.8 pulley
Injen Intake
GM Dual Pass Aftercooler w15psi Surge Tank
GMPP Exhaust Manifold
CTi 3" Downpipe and Cat
Custom 3" Cat Back with Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler
ZZ Engine Mount
ZZ Front Trans Mount
B&M Shifter
NGK BKR7E Plugs
DC Strut Tower Brace

Soon to be installed:
2.6 pulley, Siemens 60lbs Injectors, NGK 2 Step Colder Plugs
Tune Time Custom Dyno Tune

Sunday, June 11, 2006 12:50 PM
yea but does GM do a reflash for 05 monte SS S/C??????
it may be a 2.8 cuz everywhere i looked the smallest i saw was 2.60 for his car

You are what you Drive!
Sunday, June 11, 2006 1:16 PM
oh geez wheres work when u need him? anyway this should answer all your questions. http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=2867792&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1
Sunday, June 11, 2006 2:49 PM
stock pulley on the 3800 s/c is a 3.8

3.5 or 3.4 is the most you can go with out doing some serious tuning , even with the 3.5 and 3.4 you should tune it

to run a 2.6 pulley you gotta have a intercooler , and alot of serious mods , as well as the s/c snout needs to be ground down

Sunday, June 11, 2006 11:49 PM
5SPD Z wrote:my brother has an SS monte i think 05 and its the SC (waste i know)

waste?

ANYWAY, the monte SS runs the Gen III M90 (different from the '04 and up GTP's which ran the Gen V). with any M90 you cant even FIT a 2.5" pulley without modifications to the BLOWER SNOUT itself. and even if you could, it would be so inneficient that you might as well just have an extra engine laying around.

now, if it's a 3.5" pulley, then he did somewhat good, but dont let him put it on yet. before he drops to that size pulley he needs some type of intake (cold air box or fenderwell, NOT warm air) some exhaust mods (i dont remember if monte's have a U-bend, if they do, it needs to be removed) colder spark plugs, and computer tuning preferably.

Quote:

if the 2.5" is a direct no need for anything else or will he need tune, injectors, plugs, maybe a MAF translator. thanks

in order to run anywhere near a 2.5" pulley you'd need
intake
exhaust (headers, full exhaust)
either a cam or higher ratio rockers
full intercooler. im talkin 3"
extensive tuning
larger injectors
larger throttle body
larger MAF
P&P blower
8 rib pulley conversion
P&P heads
and im probably forgetting some stuff.
so no, it's not just a direct bolt on

Andy

it's not how fast you go, it's how you get there that counts.
ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
3" exhaust, flomatched injectors
'97 GTP 14.06@100.6mph pre cam w/ 3.5" pulley, I/E
Monday, June 12, 2006 9:13 PM
lol 3800 supercharged engine a waste? Im pretty sure the 3800 Supercharged engine is almost identical to the engine used in the grand nations except no turbo and FWD. That engine is a workhorse that doesnt quit.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Monday, June 12, 2006 9:35 PM
WORK correct me if im wrong but no one with a proper tune has ever snapped a stock L67 rod. intense got like over 600whp on stock rods. of course they had forged pistons and all that good stuff but stock rods are beyond tough

Monday, June 12, 2006 11:25 PM
-JaysonZ24- wrote:lol 3800 supercharged engine a waste? Im pretty sure the 3800 Supercharged engine is almost identical to the engine used in the grand nations except no turbo and FWD. That engine is a workhorse that doesnt quit.

the 3800 and the old 3.8 share pretty much nothing in common outside of being a v6 engine i bealive

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 10:28 AM
true, the LC2 and L67 dont have a lot in common. but they're both terriffic engines.

bronzealero, you're right. so far we have not seen the high horsepower limit that these engines can produce, as long as they're tuned correctly and modded according to what the other mods allow (e.i pulley size to intercooler, ect.) right now there are three grand prix in the nines. TWO of those cars are running STOCK BOTTOM ENDS. the TTGT, currently running consistant 9's with a best run in the 9.7's is putting down an estimated 750 horsepower on the stock L67 bottom end.

even with aftermarket forged internals, the stock rods are STILL used. though they are the 2 peice L32 rods (gen 3 3800) as opposed to the L67 rods.

Andy

it's not how fast you go, it's how you get there that counts.
ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
3" exhaust, flomatched injectors
'97 GTP 14.06@100.6mph pre cam w/ 3.5" pulley, I/E
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 5:41 PM
Go to w-body.com and ask there. The monte carlo is a w-body.

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search