Screw Lambo Doors This Is Original - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Screw Lambo Doors This Is Original
Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:21 PM
well with the lambo door craze my buddy snapped a pic of a different way to open the doors at the recent HIN.

Re: Screw Lambo Doors This Is Original
Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:28 PM
I don't understand what I am looking at? I see that it swivels at the top but they would drag the ground that way opening.......... is it a neon?

Cardomain|Myspace

Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:31 PM
Gullwing. Sorta. Not big on having one door for each side of the car, but okay. Make it happen and let's see what it looks like.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:43 PM
They spin around ? Thats weird!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:43 PM
Looks like it pulls straight outwards from the car, then rotates up.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 2:03 PM
Not sure how it exactly works since it was my buddy who saw it, ill know when i ask him, but it does look like it pulls away from the car somewhat and then swivels, but im wondering myself how it doesnt hit the ground. Would be interesting to see on any car.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 2:24 PM
Alright, judging by that picture, I have a theory. It looks like the door is kinda about to crack the camera guy right in his head so...

When you go to open the door, the entire door assembly moves striaght out a few inches. Next, the top of the door stops it's motion, but the bottom of the door kicks out a bit further. The bottom kicks out just enough so that when the door is rotated up, it clears the ground. Viola. Rotating door with no rubbing. Kicking the bottom of the door out a little further than the top looks to be the only way to avoid hitting the ground.

Or something like that.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:09 PM
im liking that theory

Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:09 PM
what kind of car is it?

Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:44 PM
not sure, ill have to ask my friend when he gets out of work.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:57 PM
when i get home I'll upload my pics of the car. he was at carlisle. it looked crazy but then again the room he was in was pitch black with music blaring and neons everywhere

Thursday, June 08, 2006 4:00 PM
ln2johnny wrote:Gullwing. Sorta. Not big on having one door for each side of the car, but okay. Make it happen and let's see what it looks like.

That's not gull wing, but its close. Gullwing is hinged at the top but it doesn't rotate. Just opens straight up.

Do I really need a signature?
Thursday, June 08, 2006 7:11 PM
what a horrible picture.

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:10 PM
it looks like what elton said... it looks like the hing is a shoulder type joint that can not only rotat but also tilt in and out, I would like to see some other pics though

Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:37 PM
dunno if my pics are any better but here you go

Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:06 PM
your pics are better, then the one i had, he said it was a 300m. oh well to the guy who burns when he pees. he seems like one of those my dad hates me kids neways.

Friday, June 09, 2006 7:07 AM
Carbon Cavi wrote:your pics are better, then the one i had, he said it was a 300m. oh well to the guy who burns when he pees. he seems like one of those my dad hates me kids neways.

at first I thought you ment the new 300m I was like no freaking way then I did a search its an older 300m

Friday, June 09, 2006 7:08 AM
i'm guessing they made a fiberglass shell door (or that door is heavy as hell) and really beefed up the internal structure (or at least i hope they did)

Friday, June 09, 2006 9:10 AM
yeah cause that would be HEAVY as heII on that pivot point and the roof in general. if its all glass they did a good job on it lol, yes its an older model 300m sorry for the confusion

Friday, June 09, 2006 3:35 PM
FYI. Thats the only model 300M. The new one is called the 300 or 300C (w/ HEMI).

And there was a series of cars back in the day called the 300A,B,C,etc., it changed every year. Im not sure if it ever got to M.

Round 1 Heat v Bulls 4-2 HEAT
Round 2 Heat v Nets 4-1 HEAT
East Finals Heat v Pistons 4-2 HEAT
NBA Finals Heat v Mavericks 1-0 MAVS
SAC Forums
Friday, June 09, 2006 6:21 PM
my bad

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 7:29 AM
300 M is the last model 300... 300 C is the latest model...

This car is a 300 M. Anywho, I love those seats!

been down since '98 http://club.j-body.org
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search