Advice? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Advice?
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:31 AM
I own a 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport Coupe with approx. 37,000 miles. I believe the car is worth around $7,000 or $8,000. I owe around $5,500 on it. Do you think it would be worth it to trade it in for a 2002 Pontiac Firebird V6 with 7,000 miles for $13,000? Would end up financing around $10,000 or so. Might or might not do it, just curious what your thoughts are?

Re: Advice?
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:42 AM
I wouldn't. You're not gonna like the Firebird so why bother? You can easily make the Cav faster than a V6 Firebird for less than the $6k you'll spend on this "upgrade".

Unless you've got a mullet and a pack of smokes tucked in your shirt sleeve, I don't think you're looking at the Firebird just for the image.

If you want the power... wait and save and get a V8.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 9:43 AM
firebird V6? umm, why would you wanna do that? dont be all jumpy when something that looks good comes along. if you still owe on your car, wait till you pay that off before you even think about getting a new one... and dont get a firebird just because its a firebird... thats stupid. dunno if thats what youre thinkin, but that tends to be why people get the V6... because it looks cool. imo thats dumb. just wait.

Wild Weasel wrote:
If you want the power... wait and save and get a V8.

i agree ...

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 10:01 AM
wait its not worth the $$$

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 10:53 AM
firebird v6?
those exist?

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 12:36 PM
you can have an ls1 for that price.

It only has 7,000 miles because they were ashamed to drive a v6 bird....
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 12:52 PM
i would definitley get a V8. theres nothing worse than having a car that looks fast and is not.

My other car is an interceptor.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search