Cadillac beats out Lexus - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cadillac beats out Lexus
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:29 AM
Cadillac out-pointed second-place Lexus as the top rated Premium/Luxury Brand in a study by automotive consulting firm AutoPacific, Inc.

Cadillac had the top rated Entry Luxury Car with its CTS and solid performances by the rest of its lineup. The Lexus LS430 was the top rated Luxury Car, but Lexus overall rated just below Cadillac, according to an AutoPacific news release.

The top rated Mainstream Brand was Honda. With two category wins — Honda Ridgeline was the top rated Sport-Utility Truck and the Honda Odyssey was the top rated Minivan, Honda nosed out second place Mainstream Brand Hyundai. Hyundai also had two category wins with the Hyundai Azera the top car overall and the Hyundai Santa Fe the top rated Mid-Size SUV.

In rating major segments, Sport-Utility Vehicle owners rate their vehicles more satisfying than do Car, Pickup or Minivan owners. This finding goes contrary to popular myth that SUVs are fading in popularity and SUV owners are dissatisfied with their vehicles, AutoPacific said.

AutoPacific previously announced individual vehicle winners. The vehicle registering highest overall satisfaction in 2006 was the Lincoln Navigator Luxury SUV, winning top vehicle, top truck and top Luxury SUV honors. The highest rated car was the new-for-2006 Hyundai flagship — Hyundai Azera.

AutoPacific said its study establishes numerical satisfaction ratings for virtually every car and light truck in the United States. Owner satisfaction is calculated across 45 specific areas related to a vehicle's operation, comfort, safety and the overall purchase/lease experience.

http://www.autopacific.com/

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Cadillac beats out Lexus
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:58 AM
Dear God whats the world coming to ?!?!? Cadillac beats Lexus ? and Hyundia is nipping at Hondas heels ?

The end is at hand, RUN FOR THE HILLS !!!!!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 12:17 PM
I'm hoping that the JDP results are congruent with what AutoPacific found

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 1:17 PM
Id still rather have a lexus than a cadillac

dan

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 2:59 PM
RoNuS20 wrote:I'm hoping that the JDP results are congruent with what AutoPacific found

perpendicular? congruent?

get out of here, I hate math.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 6:38 PM
Mikedirntrulez wrote:
RoNuS20 wrote:I'm hoping that the JDP results are congruent with what AutoPacific found

perpendicular? congruent?

get out of here, I hate math.

I'm hoping that the JDP results will have the same results that AutoPacific found

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:47 PM
My irrational loyalties say I'd buy the Cadi.

After checking out a lexus dealer for the first time in a long while. They do make some really tight cars. hmm.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 10:38 PM
dubduce18s wrote:Id still rather have a lexus than a cadillac

dan

that makes one of us

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 9:44 AM
halfJ99 wrote:

dan

that makes one of us

agreed

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 10:56 AM
Jon DeVincenzo wrote:
halfJ99 wrote:

dan

that makes one of us

agreed

Yep!

Ever since GM brought out the Northstar for Cadillac in 1993, Cadillac has been competitive and sometimes more cutting edge then the competition.
I think it is about time it gets some sort of recognition.
Now if this was late late 80s and very early 90s, then it be a different story.

What GM needs is a large RWD to compete with the LS, S-class, 7-series, A8, XJ.
The DTS ain't gonna cut it, as it is mostly competition for the Lincoln Town-Car,

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 11:42 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
Jon DeVincenzo wrote:
halfJ99 wrote:

dan

that makes one of us

agreed

Yep!

Ever since GM brought out the Northstar for Cadillac in 1993, Cadillac has been competitive and sometimes more cutting edge then the competition.
I think it is about time it gets some sort of recognition.
Now if this was late late 80s and very early 90s, then it be a different story.

What GM needs is a large RWD to compete with the LS, S-class, 7-series, A8, XJ.
The DTS ain't gonna cut it, as it is mostly competition for the Lincoln Town-Car,

What about the STS and the STS-V? My Dad has an STS and it's an amazing car.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 11:49 AM
^Yhea it is.
The STS is more in line with GS, E-class, 5-series, A6, X-type.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 12:12 PM
what happened to the old caddy names. This alphabet soup is just kinda boring. My buddy had an 88 fleetwood brougham d'elegance, that car was not fast but it did have a little bit of balls. i think it had the 5.0 305ci V8. and it was like a friggin bentley as far as comfort goes. And about those northstar V8s, i've heard from a few people that they are ridiculously expensive to maintain and a bitch to work on, any truth to that? I think someone told me that to have a head gasket replaced at a caddilac dealer costs like $3000!

later,

Steve

My other car is an interceptor.
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 3:13 PM
^Cadillac thought by putting the letters it will sound more upmarket just like its competition. Call it a marketing ploy.
As for the northstar, I personally have not heard nothing bad on them.
Also what meant: Ever since GM used Northstar, Cadillac started to become competitive in design, technology and cutting edge through out their line up.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 5:26 PM
Lincoln is stating to use 3-letter monikers instead of namesnow too. As far as the northstar, I think that 1997-1999 they were terrible. Had a habit of overheating and eating itself, at least in the sts and sls. My mechanic helped me avoid that bullet when I told him I was planning on getting one.

Do I really need a signature?
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 5:49 PM
Dont get me wrong, the northstar engine is great. It can go up yo 60miles with no oil in it. Its kinda amazing how they buit their engines. My dad has a 2002 DTS its very nice. But no where near the luxury of a GS series. Also, I still wish GM had the night vision in their DTS models. That was actually a really really sweet idea.

dan

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 6:25 PM
Of course, if you read Motor Trend magazine, anything domestic will place second to an import. Case in point, the new Cadillac Escalade offered the most for the price, yet somehow, someway, the Mercedes SUV was better. Then to add insult to injury, the Land Rover somehow managed 2nd place. When you read the reasons for the Mercedes and Land Rover beating out the Cadillac, it becomes apparent the Motor Trend drivers had a no logical reason other than they prefer European cars. Nothing to do with the actual stats. I personally thing the magazine should be renamed "Motor Trend in Europe". I think I'll renew my Autoweek subscription over the Motortrend one.

"...nevermind maneuvers lieutenant, just go straight at them!"
-Admiral Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar

Friday, June 09, 2006 6:18 AM
Cadillac has changed alot and they now have some hot looking cars out there. the Escalade is the number 1 stolen SUV right now out of all the other ones. good to see that cadiliac is geting somewheres.
Friday, June 09, 2006 6:26 AM
First $75k+ I run across is going into a STS-V and some mods. you can never have enough HP.

Friday, June 09, 2006 7:07 AM
DEF^^^ I didnt think i was gunna like them at all. Not even the base model STS but the guy next door has a black one and god damn it is sweet its not much bigger than the CTS and just has some softer bodys lines. My Grandpahas a V series CTS and iv always wanted one but i def think the sts has changed my mind. Not that i can afford one right now...

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 7:33 AM
Safety, warranties and prices are the biggest factors... Looks are second rate right now, because what looks hot changes daily.

As for the Escalade-stolen comment... It's actually the number 1 stolen vechicle right now period! Car, Truck or SUV.

been down since '98 http://club.j-body.org

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:33 PM
Blue Shark wrote:Of course, if you read Motor Trend magazine, anything domestic will place second to an import. Case in point, the new Cadillac Escalade offered the most for the price, yet somehow, someway, the Mercedes SUV was better. Then to add insult to injury, the Land Rover somehow managed 2nd place. When you read the reasons for the Mercedes and Land Rover beating out the Cadillac, it becomes apparent the Motor Trend drivers had a no logical reason other than they prefer European cars. Nothing to do with the actual stats. I personally thing the magazine should be renamed "Motor Trend in Europe". I think I'll renew my Autoweek subscription over the Motortrend one.

agreed...i pretty much refuse to ever place a finger on a motortard mag ever again...their just biased peices of poo...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search