I need EVERYBODY on the org's help!!! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need EVERYBODY on the org's help!!!
Thursday, June 01, 2006 9:16 PM
I dont know if this is the right forum so sorry if its not. okay i need everybody's help in deciding which would be the best alternative. i dont know which choice to make so i want everybody's opinion.. okay so here they are.

1st. i make a min. of 5-10 grand every summer
( i can use for anything)
i was thinking of using it to get a 300Zx and then buy a new engine for it next summer. and modding it till im satisfied.

the other alternative is using that 5-10 grand to mod my z24. if i decide this option
(which i am leaning toward) i will still do the i/h/e upgrades and drop it and get rims. also i want the lip kit and some random interior mods like getting a new dash. i was also looking into rebuilding my engine so that i can s/c it next yr with the money that i get and also getting it painted. wut do u guys think about this?

i know most 300zx's are expensive but ive found a few that are around 4995+ that have 90k miles or a little more. if i can find one with that amount i would be satisfied as long as it runs good cus im just gonna get another engine setup next yr. tell me if im crazy or these r good choices?

Re: I need EVERYBODY on the org's help!!!
Thursday, June 01, 2006 9:19 PM
300zx's are a bitch and expensive to work on just so you know!

-Brandon

Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:38 PM
y r they a "bitch" as u say?

Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:44 PM
Zduece4 wrote:y r they a "bitch" as u say?

the following statements are based on my experiences in life, feel free to agree or disagree. im going to try to help
you best i can:

1) 300zx are hard to work on.....like REALLY hard....
2) 300zx dont go for many miles, they just werent built well....
3) 300zx just scream "pull my ass over because im a kid" to cops.....
4) If your 300zx ever breaks....well good luck, the parts arent cheap.....
5) Do you have any experience driving a RWD car? big diffrence from the FWD cavvy you have!

I would keep your z24 (assumming its in good condition. you should post some pics.)

i wouldnt worry so much about the dash kit, or if you do anything to your interior make it look clean. no neon vinyls all over the place, lol!

buy some good rims, and drop it like you said. then put the basic bolt-ons, maybe a cf hood and trunk, and dont touch the internals till next year when you are sure you still want to s/c it.

and if you do s/c it, i would go with a procharger instead. much better power gains and not as much stress as some turbos and s/cs out there.

my 2 cents, feel free to flame if you want.

- Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)
- www.csc-motorsports.com (my new NOR-CAL car club site!)

Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:53 PM
Keep the Z24. I'd bet it has cheaper insurance too.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 11:56 PM
Zduece4 wrote:y r they a "bitch" as u say?

Have you ever seen under the hood of those??? You damn near have to completely remove the engine to do anything to it.

-Brandon

Friday, June 02, 2006 4:18 AM
not to meantion if you dont get the tt model then its a useless over weighed pig

Friday, June 02, 2006 8:09 AM
Save your money.

Friday, June 02, 2006 8:25 AM
Cable wrote:Save your money.

Friday, June 02, 2006 8:29 AM
buy a house... an investment you'll actually get a return on...

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Friday, June 02, 2006 9:06 AM
...equity...

not to mention you dont know whats going to happen in a year's time, so to say you'll be putting a motor in a car next year is skating on thin ice. just my opinion/experience

Friday, June 02, 2006 9:10 AM

Friday, June 02, 2006 9:19 AM
Add me to the list of people that say "Save your money."

Friday, June 02, 2006 11:33 AM
I love the 300ZX, but unless i was totally loaded money wise, i wouldnt consider one. I work for a Nissan dealer and ive seen how pricey those things can get.

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Friday, June 02, 2006 12:07 PM
I'm a good friend with most of the people at Z1 Motorsports here in GA, and they also helped with most of my dads 89 300z build (waste of his money because he sucks at modding imports). But what they're all mostly telling you is true.

Every mod worth doing we did to my friends 93 TT we had to pull the engine.

Unless you know how to do your own work good, don't get one. Luckliy we have the tools and Z1 on tap for anything.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Friday, June 02, 2006 1:20 PM
What the hell is wrong with kids these days. Never save their money, all they want to do is just spend it all on their god damn car. Buy some land or ... get this ... put it into a savings accunt!!!! Seems pretty hard doesnt it?

dan

Friday, June 02, 2006 1:21 PM
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaahahahahhahaahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahhaah

LS1's never blow up;
Spray that puppy... 02 sensors are overrated.
Friday, June 02, 2006 1:46 PM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:buy a house... an investment you'll actually get a return on...

I agree.....$10K is a nice start for a down payment. Dont mod either car. If you need a car look into something brand new or a new/used car with better possibilities.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Friday, June 02, 2006 1:55 PM
RoNuS20 wrote:Add me to the list of people that say "Save your money."

Add me to the list of people that say "it's a bitch to work on".

I made a dent in my g/f's Z because I got so pissed off at the damn thing.......... 3 hours to change a @!#$ thermostat!!!!! And I have bigger hands so that doesn't help either.

And it was in a Z31, i could only image how hard a Z32 would be.

Friday, June 02, 2006 7:08 PM
buy a house? hes 20 years old what the crap does he wanna do that for.........i wouldnt do either of ur choices tho, id put the money down on somethin new with a warranty that u like and finance.

Im out there Jerry and Im LOVIN EVERY MINUTE OF IT
Saturday, June 03, 2006 1:58 AM
lol these are some good opinions. of course im not gonna buy a house tho, and i think im leaning toward sticking with the cav then. i dont waste all my money on my car. im abusiness minded person who invests alot so all of this money is wut i set aside for my car. i dont wanna buy a brand new one yet until i repay my school loans and i wanna fix my cav up or somethin else that way wen i graduate i dont have to go out and buy a brand new car and get more debt.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 1:59 AM
also... about the dash, i dont want a kit, i want a new complete dash cusmy shox suck and my car has been bangin around and my dash is cracked all over and i wanna paint it.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 7:59 AM
don't mod anything and use all that money towards your school loans. Or just leave it all in a savings account so when you are ready to buy a house you will have a good down payment or able to afford home upgrades. I really wish I listened to my parents instead of blowing all my money on a stupid car.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 9:51 AM

Agreed.

RIP CPL Brian St.Germain (SAINT), Semper Fidelis

Saturday, June 03, 2006 10:04 AM
save your money

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search