That's it! I want a bike!! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
That's it! I want a bike!!
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 1:38 PM
I might be getting a 2001 Yamaha R1. I have to stop with my car if I expect my wife to let me get it though. So I think I need to sell the stuff I bought for my Cavalier. Oh well, I'll enjoy the motorcycle more. I work for a small bank that deals with it's own repo's. This just came in. The guy in charge said he'd get back to me with a price. He thinks between 3-4 thousand. I'll see what I can do to bring it down. I need to pay cash anyways because insurance will kick my @$$ if it's fully insured. I guess I need to fix my current bike (1985 Kawasaki Ninja) and sell it ASAP! My new game (Tourist Trophy) for my PS2 isn't making this any easier either. Damn I want to be riding something newer right now! Just wanted to share

Re: That's it! I want a bike!!
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 1:45 PM
I feel ya. I've been doing a TON of riding since it got warmer out here... but I wish I could be riding a bike of my own. Riding ANY kind of bike is a hell of a lot more satisfying than driving/modding a Cavalier/Sunfire

Maybe next year...

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 2:43 PM
yeah I'd give my left nut for a black or blue r1 or r6! <droooooool>

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 5:29 PM
I've always wanted a newer bike. I guess something just snapped in my head saying "do something about it!" I have a bike, but it's so old. It just doesn't scream "excitement" though it was a great first bike for me.

Saturday, April 15, 2006 12:43 AM
ZX14 rules!!!!
Friday, April 28, 2006 4:06 PM
/\__________but it's fugly though!

Saturday, April 29, 2006 2:48 PM
the zx-6r is where its at

Sunday, April 30, 2006 5:11 PM
R1's are sweet. Well, ive only rode the r6, but either way its good to see another excited Yamaha owner. I would have a r6 but tuition is kickin my ass right now...
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 4:41 PM
I could afford any sport bike i want. it's the insurence that keeps me for getting them. **sigh** some day it has to go down! hopefully turning 25 in 2008 makes a difference.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 5:10 PM
u americans got it easy when it comes to insurance, u should see the prices we pay here in manitoba. but when you really wanna ride you make sacrifices, my car is gettin no more toys, and i've pretty much given up drinking. but i wanna ride more than any of that stuff so its worth it to me.
Wednesday, May 03, 2006 12:22 PM
EASY!?!?!? You're telling me that $4,400 for insurance is "easy" to ride a bike 4 months out of the year?!?! I'd hardly say that's easy for insurance. It isn't worth it to me. Think you can top that?

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 12:31 PM
Wicked1 wrote:EASY!?!?!? You're telling me that $4,400 for insurance is "easy" to ride a bike 4 months out of the year?!?! I'd hardly say that's easy for insurance. It isn't worth it to me. Think you can top that?

Find a better company American Family fed me all sorts of BS when I got my bike. $3500/yr, car license for 10+ years, bike license for 5+ years, blah blah blah. They call the 636 a "Super Sport Bike"

So I called up Country Insurance, quoted more coverage than w/ Am Fam, and it was only $800 last year. 100/300 coverage, comprehensive w/ like $500 deductible, $5000 medical, etc. Now that I have the Cav there too (for the time being), I get multi-vehicle - bike is now $400 (fo' hundred) a year

twiztedcav05 wrote:the zx-6r is where its at

VVV

F/S: 2005 KAWASAKI ZX-6R 636, 1107ish Miles, $7500 OBO
Wednesday, May 03, 2006 1:02 PM
u americans get the choice to shop around and from wut i've heard u generally pay around 500-1000 for a year, and as low as 200-300. Here in manitoba its public insurance so we only get one choice and thats it. Here most people are paying atleast 2000 a year with full discount, up to 3500 with no discount deoending on the bike.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search