06 sti or wrx - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
06 sti or wrx
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 2:52 AM
does anyone know the exact difference between the 06 sti and wrx since they are both using the 2.5L turbo.....i heard manifolds, but what else are the turbos the same, injectors, what exactly......definate answers please t hanx

speed kills, drive slow, drive a honda

You are what you Drive!

Re: 06 sti or wrx
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 5:44 AM
the old ones looked decent.. the new one looks like ass.

after that no.

but you could check here.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 6:50 AM
I would assume they have the boost cranked up and probably a more free-flowing exhaust. I checked Subaru's website, but they just give numbers, not how they got those numbers.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 8:41 AM
Of course, besides whatever engine differences, the STI still has a 6 speed, completely different suspension, and I'm not sure but I'd assume it still has the AWD Distribution Control and water spraying for the intercooler.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 9:40 AM
The 2.5L block is the same. The turbo and intercooler are definetly different.
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 9:56 AM
larger turbo, injectors, intercooler, intercooler sprayer, driver controlled center dif., 6 spd, not sure of internal engine specs, 17 bbs wheels, HID, suspension, brembo brakes, intake manifold, gauge cluster, seats, of course 300 hp vs. 230 hp. hmmm..... what else.
Thursday, April 13, 2006 2:37 PM
also the sti's engine is actually a boxter engine from porsche and a difference I believe of 40-60 hp with an addition to what effex is talking about.

**changes are here**

Thursday, April 13, 2006 3:09 PM
Its a "boxer" not a boxster engine and its NOT from a porsche. Boxer just means a type of engine where the pistons lie horizontally opposed, with pairs of cylinders on the left and the right, as opposed to most modern engines where all pistons are inline, or the alternating pistons are positioned in a "V"-angle. I hate when people screw that up. But yeah, if you can afford, go for the STi no doubt.

Thursday, April 13, 2006 3:14 PM
Porche has used a similar design for motors...VW has done the same. i think other companies have as well, but i can't be held to that.

furthermore, the motor is also known as the "pancake" motor because it's flat.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

MS Walk April 21 - I HIT MY GOAL!!! thanks to those of you who have supported me!
Thursday, April 13, 2006 4:12 PM
FieryOne wrote:Its a "boxer" not a boxster engine and its NOT from a porsche. Boxer just means a type of engine where the pistons lie horizontally opposed, with pairs of cylinders on the left and the right, as opposed to most modern engines where all pistons are inline, or the alternating pistons are positioned in a "V"-angle. I hate when people screw that up. But yeah, if you can afford, go for the STi no doubt.

That post made me giggle.

Thursday, April 13, 2006 4:13 PM
Ryan (1REDRY) wrote:also the sti's engine is actually a boxter engine from porsche and a difference I believe of 40-60 hp with an addition to what effex is talking about.

Dammit! I meant this one!

Thursday, April 13, 2006 4:59 PM
Ryan (1REDRY) wrote:also the sti's engine is actually a boxter engine from porsche and a difference I believe of 40-60 hp with an addition to what effex is talking about.

Friday, April 14, 2006 10:47 AM
whoops sorry about that.. I have always thought and was told that the "BOXER" engine was in those cars.. simple mistake!

**changes are here**

Friday, April 14, 2006 11:41 AM
^^Well it is a Boxer engine, not a Boxter engine. Just think of it like a boxer (the athlete). The pistons go out like a boxer would punch; not up and down like most engines.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Friday, April 14, 2006 3:02 PM
gotta love the horizontally opposed flat four of a scuby
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search