my CRX is dead, FOREVER! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my CRX is dead, FOREVER!
Friday, November 11, 2005 1:07 PM
Thats, right, I'm just giving up on the CRX. Last night I went on a simple trip to go give my roomates smokes to him (he was at a friends), and for a while the car was vibrating, not too badly, but still was. I never suspected it was what it was until last night because when I got the car back, first thing I did as a tradition was make a run out at the 1/4 mile. On our way out, the car was vibrating and I felt this was abnormal. I asked Jesse, who was with me at the time, to check to see if he could find what was wrong as we drove out. He looked out and he saw the front right quarter panel flapping... like usual (yes the body is junky) so I thought nothing of it.

Anyway, on to what happened. Last night after dropping of my roommates smokes, I was heading home on High Street and all of a sudden the car started vibrating REALLY badly. My first instinct was to hit the brakes, so I did. All of a sudden the car dropped about an inch or two on the front right side. First thing I thought was "oh @!#$!" and I reefed the E-brake. The truck beside me slowed right down cuz he saw what was happening. The car slowed down just after an intersection right in the middle of the road (in between the yellow lines) and I saw my front tire roll off to the sidewalk. I already had the spare on the rear right side, and I took out the jack because it bent last time I jacked up the car (the rusty underbody caved in and bent it). I was pretty much screwed. I JUST got the car repaired not even a week ago...

In short, The damn guys who fixed my car didnt torque the lug nuts properly. One of the studs broke and I lost a wheel They also did a bad job on the motor because it was literally falling apart as well (pulleys falling off, gears falling out, etc.)

So... I'm gonna get rid of her... As disappointed as I am, she's too much trouble to keep going with. I'm parting it out because the body is in too bad of condition. Anyone want an integra motor and some rims?

Re: my CRX is dead, FOREVER!
Friday, November 11, 2005 1:32 PM
Praise Allah.

Be optimistic...

Buy an LS1.

LS1Tech | F-Body.com | Eastern F-Body Association | Toronto F-Body Club
Friday, November 11, 2005 2:01 PM
Calvin Di Bartolo wrote: first thing I did as a tradition was make a run out at the 1/4 mile.

he saw the front right quarter panel flapping... like usual (yes the body is junky)

I already had the spare on the rear right side, and I took out the jack because it bent last time I jacked up the car (the rusty underbody caved in and bent it)

I JUST got the car repaired not even a week ago...

Sounds like a complete turd be glad your rid of it..

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Friday, November 11, 2005 2:22 PM
Where ya from?

Friday, November 11, 2005 3:53 PM
this is the guy who said this thing runs like 12 seconds at 200 miles an hour or sumthin like that. looks like your super car is really just wut we were calling it, a POS.

Saturday, November 12, 2005 6:21 PM
actually it was 100mph I said. I never said the time, other guys made esitmates according to the trap. and in case you didnt know, I said the guys who "fixed" it messed it up really bad. The body, however is a POS. I would've been glad to show it to you if it had run for more than a week.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search