Lambo engine in Audi - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lambo engine in Audi
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 9:46 PM
CCCLLLIIIIICCCCKKK MMMMEEEEEEE

Alongside the Shooting Brake concept that previews the next TT, Audi unveiled another main attraction at this week’s Tokyo auto show: a Lamborghini-powered version of its A8 flagship sedan, dubbed the S8 after Ingolstadt’s “S-Line” go-fast division.

Motivated by a torquier version of the 5.2-liter V10 engine that equips the Lambo Gallardo, the S8 develops 450 horsepower and a massive 398 pound-feet of torque, good to pull this two-tons-plus sedan from 0-62mph in just 5.1 seconds. Top speed is governed to 155mph.

Permanent all-wheel-drive comes standard and helps to put all that grunt to the ground - peak torque is available at just 3500rpm. Ceramic disc brakes are also part of the package.

A firmer setting has been dialed in for the car's adaptive air suspension, and the steering has also been upgraded for sportier driving. The S8 won’t be available to customers worldwide until the middle of next year.

Re: Lambo engine in Audi
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 9:49 PM
or you could just get the Phateon, same overall car but its powered by a 6.0 liter W12

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 9:54 PM
The phateon is basically the same car as the bentely (continental?) and the A8.... but you get this bad boy......

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 9:59 PM
There is also a W12 A8........ it was in Transporter 2.

That S8 will definatley be hot!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 10:06 PM
really? I've yet to see a W12 A8 in this country... the phaeton on the other hand... that pic was taken above was in my driveway

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 10:47 PM
Check out Transporter 2 they have one in the movie.

I don't need no stinking SIG. Wait this is one.
DOH!
Thursday, October 27, 2005 7:51 AM
that makes sense, since lamborghini is owned by vw/audi

i'd rather have a gallardo, though

Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:34 AM
you get to drive it ryan? how is it

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

UNLIMITED streaming online movies
Thursday, October 27, 2005 10:34 AM
The phaetons are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

especially the W12, seems like the power is endless, it just goes and goes and goes, smothest riding car EVER and it can pin you in your seat preaty good, heated and air conditioned seats with built in massagers, the audio is amazing for factory equiptment, the wsseats are like 18 way adjustable, motorized wood trim hides all the vents when they aren't being used, you turn the heating/AC on you see liytle hidden things pop open and @!#$ all over the place, there are motorized sun shades that go up and down with a button, the sunroof has aan invisable solar panel in it so when the car sits on very very hot days it runs a system that circulates fresh in and out of the car ALL the time without puting any strain on the batteries (has 2, one for all the accesories and one to run the engine) so when you open the door you never hget the heat wave in the face, you get the parking sensors, electronicly control air suspension, adjust height and handling, all wheel drive, that car is @!#$in AWSOME... but like all VW's they have electric issues. And parts are sell the wife expensive... an A/C compressor warranty cost is about $1,000!!

sweet car though

Friday, October 28, 2005 2:31 PM
I work at an audi dealership and we are going to see the lambo sometime soon. i drove the A8 w12 and its a MONSTER lol. its such a nice car and tons of balls. plus its got a fridge between the back seats lol. Have a good one

Friday, October 28, 2005 2:52 PM
Darkstars wrote:The phaetons are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

especially the W12, seems like the power is endless, it just goes and goes and goes, smothest riding car EVER and it can pin you in your seat preaty good, heated and air conditioned seats with built in massagers, the audio is amazing for factory equiptment, the wsseats are like 18 way adjustable, motorized wood trim hides all the vents when they aren't being used, you turn the heating/AC on you see liytle hidden things pop open and @!#$ all over the place, there are motorized sun shades that go up and down with a button, the sunroof has aan invisable solar panel in it so when the car sits on very very hot days it runs a system that circulates fresh in and out of the car ALL the time without puting any strain on the batteries (has 2, one for all the accesories and one to run the engine) so when you open the door you never hget the heat wave in the face, you get the parking sensors, electronicly control air suspension, adjust height and handling, all wheel drive, that car is @!#$in AWSOME... but like all VW's they have electric issues. And parts are sell the wife expensive... an A/C compressor warranty cost is about $1,000!!

sweet car though

Does this mean Mr. VeeDub Nazi actually like a V W??

dan

My momma told me I was cool = )

Friday, October 28, 2005 3:39 PM
I find the rs6 more impressive. v8 twin turbo and few other neat things. Looks bad ass too!

Friday, October 28, 2005 8:01 PM
Darkstars wrote:The phateon is basically the same car as the bentely (continental?) and the A8.... but you get this bad boy......

Only thing is the volks i think comes with 420hp and the Cgt pumps out 552hp on the twin turbo'd W12. At the dealership i'm a tech at, we do bentley and rolls also. I don't know too much about the volks..But the conti is an amazing ride, mainly the 2 door coupe. Just the tone of the exhaust alone is sawweet. Theres's bypass valves just before the muflers, which at high speeds they open up for free flow. Hehe..but it's a b*tch to work on. The only things that can be serviced on the engine(without dropping it completely)..oil change and plugs. Anything else, forget it..The whole powertrain is dropped out..and this is like a good 17+hr job. Theres actually a clearance of only 6mm's around the whole engine bay, if you find more that that spec, there something wrong and needs to be corrected. There's just so much technoligy in this car, that it's insane. Plus with the AWD, you pretty much feel your spine get forced into the seat, on take off. Ne-waz next time the powertrain gets dropped, I'll definitely snap a pic of the beautiful 'Snails" hanging on the side for you all, although there actually pretty small
Friday, October 28, 2005 8:40 PM
yeah, i did a telematics recall on an RS6 last month, that car is fast as hell. At the 35000 mile service it gets a timing belt already. but yeah, that call is 100% Balls!

Friday, October 28, 2005 9:02 PM
dubduce18s wrote:

Does this mean Mr. VeeDub Nazi actually like a V W??

dan

I've always said they sucked... which they do, doesn't mena i don't liek any of them

Friday, October 28, 2005 9:06 PM
oh and yes 420 Hp 6.0 liter W12.... seems underpowered since the car weighs as much as Rhode Island but still hits 60 mph in around 5 and half seconds and pulls mid-low 14's in 1/4 mile.... its a fat pig but it @!#$in moves!

Saturday, October 29, 2005 1:53 AM
Darkstars wrote:

that looks like a joy to work on.

-Borsty
Saturday, October 29, 2005 6:11 AM
Borsty wrote:

Saturday, October 29, 2005 6:38 AM
how much does road island weigh?
my car has to be close

other cars, better cars?
Saturday, October 29, 2005 7:50 AM
as much as big SUV's hahaha

Saturday, October 29, 2005 11:21 AM
Borsty wrote:
Darkstars wrote:

I hate newer gearman car engine bays! If I have a badass w12 engine I want to see it! I don't want a bunch of tupperware covering it up! weak sauce...

95 Cobra
Check out my site

Saturday, October 29, 2005 3:02 PM
Darkstars: Couldnt you just take that plastic crap off with no problems?

dan

My momma told me I was cool = )
Saturday, October 29, 2005 6:12 PM
nah its clean with the plastic on there.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Saturday, October 29, 2005 8:32 PM
No way, if it's build like the flying spur..theres only resevoirs under that plastic. your not going to see anymore of the motor than what you see right now. I've said it before, there's only 6mm's of clearance around the whole motor
Sunday, October 30, 2005 8:23 PM
well luckily the W12's are a rare site since the top of the line W12 4 seater tops out about $105,000.... for that price alot of people buy something better. So I've only had to work on W12 1 time ever

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search