Where did all the Mitsubishi Starions go? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Where did all the Mitsubishi Starions go?
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:38 AM
I havent seen a Mitsubishi Starion on the road since the early 1990's! I have seen a Chrysler version called the Conquest in the last couple of years, but no Starions. I havent even seen them in the junkyards either. I remember seeing alot of them in the late 1980's(not as often as the Z, RX-7, or the Supra, but I did see them). Where they poorly made cars or unpopular with tuners and simply vanished? Has anyone seen a real Starion lately?

"...nevermind maneuvers lieutenant, just go straight at them!"
-Admiral Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar

Re: Where did all the Mitsubishi Starions go?
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:48 AM
Yes, there are two that come down to the track every once and a while. Ones fast at 15.00 normally, and the other one runs high 16s low 17s. Both are red. Look ok i guess, one of the guys said it is almost impossible to find parts for them.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:54 AM
there are a handful in Maryland.

pirates kick ninja asses, f00
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:54 AM
-MD- Z24 wrote:it is almost impossible to find parts for them.

That's it in a nutshell. and they were not very reliable so counter in lack of replaceable parts and poof they disapear.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 7:06 AM
I got a friend that owns two of them

A purely stock one that is in pristine shape, gorgeous blue color with the staggered wheels

And a black one that puts down 400hp to the wheels when it doesn't blow a head gasket, lol

................Which car will hit 400 whp first???................
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 9:49 AM
JAMMIT wrote:
-MD- Z24 wrote:it is almost impossible to find parts for them.

That's it in a nutshell. and they were not very reliable so counter in lack of replaceable parts and poof they disapear.

yep thats the main reason. That's why I'm getting rid of my conquest. Most places don't stock parts for them so anything you need has to be imported and ends up costing almost $300 for a damn sensor.

Toon Gallery | Sig Gallery | MySpace Page
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:20 AM
There's a gold one here that looks pretty shabby. Im pretty sure they were unreliable as everything unreliable falls on the way side over time.

“Things fall apart. The cracks get wider: More paper is used, with increasing ingenuity, to cover them. Madness implodes, as people are slowly crushed, or, perhaps worse, help in crushing others.”

--Jon Savage
--Melody Maker’s Review of Joy Division’s Unknown Pleasures when asked “ How has Unknown Pleasures has affected you”

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:43 AM
Damn, good thing I didn't pick this one up! Had to zoom in on it from the road-

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:47 AM
I've always thought they looked cool. They had really nice interiors and cool gauges. I almost bought a conquest for my first car. I haven't seen a conquest on the street or in a junkyard in a couple of years either..... I don't think I ever seen a starion in person.
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 12:23 PM
Yeah I dug the look too! I imagine the one by me is a Conquest. Thought it may be a fun drifting machine! Maybe the intercooler just got my attention lol.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 12:59 PM
4G63 swaps are very common in them as the stock 2.6 has a very rudamentry injection system, stock, to modified ( litely) is only good for 300whp at the most

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 2:32 PM
I really liked the look of the Starion/Conquest too. An early version of the Starion appears in the movie "Cannonball Run II".

"...nevermind maneuvers lieutenant, just go straight at them!"
-Admiral Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar

Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:35 AM
ive had a couple conquests/starions, if you see a conquest, you see a starion, the quests were just rebagded, absolutly nothing is different about them. there fun cars, expensive, but when there so few of them, what do you expect? i miss my last one, it was a good drifter.....

Friday, October 28, 2005 9:10 PM
a guy i work with has one, he has been completely re doing the whole engine with turbo upgrades and lots of custom engine work. He had to get a lot of his parts from austrailia.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search