..What a "true duals" LS1 camaro sounds - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
..What a "true duals" LS1 camaro sounds
Sunday, October 16, 2005 5:18 PM
for those of you that don't troll the "other cars" forums, i have a true dual exhaust with side exits. There are no mufflers on the car. It is loud, to say the least. So, here's the video

right click, save as
http://eastcoastbeast.com/images/SS%20nightime.MOV

My apologies for the quality of the video as it was done on a digital camera, not a digital camcorder.

Re: ..What a "true duals" LS1 camaro sou
Sunday, October 16, 2005 5:19 PM
wow, typing owns me..the topic should have the word "like" after sounds..my bad..

Sunday, October 16, 2005 5:33 PM
sounds good.. what kind of headers are you running..

Sunday, October 16, 2005 5:36 PM
just the stock exhaust manifolds and cats... headers should come before christmas, most likely long tubes...

Re: ..What a
Sunday, October 16, 2005 5:52 PM
I think it needs an "H" pipe.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 5:55 PM
..then it wouldn't be true duals =) Honestly, the raspiness is an acquired taste..

Sunday, October 16, 2005 6:01 PM
Sounds pretty good. Headers will make a huge difference though. BTW do you have any pictures of the setup. Im thinking of running side exits with the wings west skirts and have it go through the skirts.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 6:03 PM
EastCoastBeast II wrote:..then it wouldn't be true duals =) Honestly, the raspiness is an acquired taste..

I tried to acquire the taste of it on my 1950 Chevy Styleline with a 350 V8 but was never able too so I added an "H" pipe and love it now. I think they do sound good at idle but after that I personally don't care for it. Have you had any problems yet with the pipes hanging so low?

Sunday, October 16, 2005 6:06 PM
titus03 wrote:Sounds pretty good. Headers will make a huge difference though. BTW do you have any pictures of the setup. Im thinking of running side exits with the wings west skirts and have it go through the skirts.

This is his post with pictures. Link

Sunday, October 16, 2005 6:09 PM
Always have loved true duals

Especially when it's stock

................Which car will hit 400 whp first???................
Sunday, October 16, 2005 6:17 PM
who has stock true deuls???

other cars, better cars?

Sunday, October 16, 2005 6:30 PM
um...yea....it came from the factory like that =)....or...something...

and yes, i do have alot of "clearance" issues

Sunday, October 16, 2005 6:32 PM
i know it did

have any dyno #s?

other cars, better cars?
Sunday, October 16, 2005 6:47 PM
nah, it's essentially stock+SLP. The previous owner ran a 13.2 on street tires, but other than that, i have no idea.. after christmas comes around, i'll be putting some mean HP through that motor..

Sunday, October 16, 2005 7:04 PM
nice

-Borsty
Sunday, October 16, 2005 7:13 PM
I'm with Brett on this one. I think it sounds good idling, but I don't like the raspiness on revs. Almost sounds like a Motorcycle(crusier type).

Monday, October 17, 2005 6:52 AM
I Think the GTO"S are alot nicer then the Camaros. but i like the dueal exhaust sound

. member 1244or55
.http://www22.ocn.ne.jp/~cavalier
Monday, October 17, 2005 11:03 AM
again i will say i like the sound and i bet the vid doesnt do it any justice....prolly sounds 100 times better in person..

Monday, October 17, 2005 1:06 PM
sounds like a bad ass harley

Monday, October 17, 2005 1:28 PM
Quote:

sounds like a bad ass harley

from either side, yes...
from the back or the front, the 2 sides cancel eachother out, and it sounds completely different

Monday, October 17, 2005 2:34 PM
hey, i like it man

just a quick question, i was talking to my friends dad about his big block and i dont know if this same thing applies

he said that with the H connector between the actually helps exhaust flow a lot, like better than true duals, i cant remember what word he used but he said because of the pressure or something the H connector helps pull the exhaust out rather than forcing it out

any idea what im tlaking about?

Monday, October 17, 2005 2:46 PM
it equalizes the pressure, lets say the right flows better then the left, now some of the slow flow from the left goes into the right pipe and makes the each side equal in flow.

-Borsty
Monday, October 17, 2005 3:02 PM
borsty hit it right on the head..it is for exhaust pressure normalization and also produces a distinctly different sound too.. my main problem is that if i do connect up an "H" pipe, then i'm going to have to take the whole exhaust out when i do my tranny/clutch

Monday, October 17, 2005 3:05 PM
dont weld it just use muffler clamps.

-Borsty
Monday, October 17, 2005 3:12 PM
in hindsight....great idea , lol...i'll have HP Racing fix it up once i get the headers on.. I should be getting a set of LT's for free, if they don't fit on my buddy's camino(dropping an ls1 in his 87 camino ss)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search