valve covers - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
valve covers
Sunday, February 26, 2006 8:54 PM
I am new to this site so please bear with me. I did a search and came up empty. My son bought a 99 Z24 2.4 twin cam about six months ago. Lately he can smell oil burning so tonight I had a look at it and it seems like the valve cover gasket (rear) is leaking pretty bad. A couple of questions.

Does this require an upper and lower gasket?

What has to come apart to get at it?

Where is the pvc valve on it as it may be pressuring up the crankcase?

There may be other leaks as well but I'll check into it when I change out the valve cover

thanks
Warren

Re: valve covers
Sunday, February 26, 2006 11:48 PM
i believe the timing has to come apart. but not 100%.. i also dont believe there is a pvc valve on these cars and there it not an uppr and lower more of a front and back? exhaust and intake

Re: valve covers
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 8:31 AM
I'd highly reccomend getting a Haynes manual for the vehicle, if your mechanically inclined and can do the work yourself it will be indispensable.

Hopefully someone will come along shortly with the answer to your question. If a mod comes by I'd reccomend moving this to maintanence, you will be more likely to get a better response in there than here.

As far as I know there is only 1 gasket for the valve cover, Brandon may be thinking of the cylinder head.

Hopefully someone wit the knowledge you seek will come by shortly. I have an ecotec so what goes for my car may not be identical to yours.

-Chris

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search