2.4l RK header install ? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4l RK header install ?
Sunday, January 29, 2006 10:08 PM
im not a newbie here but it seems like a newbie question:

looking at the RK sport coated header on karos site(he shows a pic of the ECO one instead, as i m pretty sure RK sport does also) wondering if anybody has a pic of how it meets up with your stock downpipe? or an explanation will do.. again its for a 2.4L and i believe its different for the other cavi engines..

thanks guys!

Re: 2.4l RK header install ?
Sunday, January 29, 2006 11:18 PM
If it's the 4-2-1 style, it should have a "b pipe" (what you're refering to as a downpipe) with it to meet with the catatlyic converter or piping depending on how the rest of your exhaust system is setup.

The space behind the motor for the header is about the same between the ECOTEC and the 2.4 but it's the actual bolt up to the cylinder head that is different.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, January 30, 2006 12:18 AM
NJHK (King Of Newbies) wrote:If it's the 4-2-1 style, it should have a "b pipe" (what you're refering to as a downpipe) .quote]

yes it is the 4-2-1 style are you saying that it bolts up before the cat? or does it need to be welded? this is what i was looking for... any pics would be appreciated

"with it to meet with the catatlyic converter or piping depending on how the rest of your exhaust system is setup"

my exhaust is stock except for a cat-back as of now

Monday, January 30, 2006 12:30 AM
sorry i suck at quoting as you can see but you get the point

O and thanks for your help NJHK

Monday, January 30, 2006 12:35 AM
bluzr2 wrote:sorry i suck at quoting as you can see but you get the point

O and thanks for your help NJHK

No problem.

Also, I believe they have it designed to meet with your OEM catalytic converter or atleast in the same location as it would be.

Do you have a stock exhaust system?

Monday, January 30, 2006 12:55 AM
all i have now is a catback.. the first section is all stock

Monday, January 30, 2006 1:00 AM
bluzr2 wrote:all i have now is a catback.. the first section is all stock

Ok. Wait and get the high flow catalytic converter to keep the same diameter going. Since the catalytic converters are universal, there is no direct replacement so they are going to have to cut and weld. By doing this, your header might not reach your catalytic converter. They might have to do some custom work so just save yourself the headache and do it at once.

I did my header when I bought the catalytic converter as well by the way.

Monday, January 30, 2006 1:19 AM
i will think that over but im not a real fan of hi-flow cats and all the CEL problems some do and some dont have... i will be doing all of the cutting and welding so i doubt that will be an issue. testing emisions in NY sucks as well as NJ i imagine so i dont want to be messing around with tricking the computer (o2 sensor) just to get my car to pass the test. i am willing to live with the fact that the pipe around the cat is going to be the most restrictive part of my system im just trying to get the air away from the head faster to eliminate knock retard under boost.. sorry kinda getting out of the newbie forum here LOL but again all i would like to see is a pic of the header installed on a car with stock exhaust so i can see how far the pipe comes back and where its welded just so i can see how much of a pita im looking at here... thanks again for your input

Monday, January 30, 2006 1:35 AM
bluzr2 wrote:i will think that over but im not a real fan of hi-flow cats and all the CEL problems some do and some dont have... i will be doing all of the cutting and welding so i doubt that will be an issue. testing emisions in NY sucks as well as NJ i imagine so i dont want to be messing around with tricking the computer (o2 sensor) just to get my car to pass the test. i am willing to live with the fact that the pipe around the cat is going to be the most restrictive part of my system im just trying to get the air away from the head faster to eliminate knock retard under boost.. sorry kinda getting out of the newbie forum here LOL but again all i would like to see is a pic of the header installed on a car with stock exhaust so i can see how far the pipe comes back and where its welded just so i can see how much of a pita im looking at here... thanks again for your input

So you're supercharging?

Monday, January 30, 2006 2:35 AM
yes i have been supercharged for over a year. (GM s/c)
sorry i know i dont have my profile filled out but i usually dont ask alot of questions on here...

Monday, January 30, 2006 2:39 AM
bluzr2 wrote:yes i have been supercharged for over a year. (GM s/c)
sorry i know i dont have my profile filled out but i usually dont ask alot of questions on here...

Oh ok. Yeah, I was going off your profile so that's why I was suprised.

it should be able to meet up with your OEM catalytic converter as long as it wasn't moved previously.

Monday, January 30, 2006 3:03 AM
cool its still in stock position.. maybe if i get bored tonight at work ill update my profile

mind if i add you to my aim?? i see your on here quite a bit so you get to see ppls opinions on different styles or brands, so i may have a few more ?'s

thanks again for your help

Monday, January 30, 2006 3:19 AM
bluzr2 wrote:cool its still in stock position.. maybe if i get bored tonight at work ill update my profile

mind if i add you to my aim?? i see your on here quite a bit so you get to see ppls opinions on different styles or brands, so i may have a few more ?'s

thanks again for your help

Of course you can add me, I'm on alot...especially at night when I'm extremely bored at work 90% of the time.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search