catalytic converter/resonator - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
catalytic converter/resonator
Sunday, January 29, 2006 12:58 AM
ok. so is the Cat the same as a resonator or no. would it be bad to replace teh cat with a resonator?? or no. i need a new cat but there expensive. i was lookin at universla ones to. would a universal high flow cat be good??

Re: catalytic converter/resonator
Sunday, January 29, 2006 1:02 AM
they are different things. the cat helps clean out the nasty, toxic stuff from your exhaust fumes. the resonator is a long tube that help quiet the exhaust. you can't replace the cat with a resonator.
a high flow cat would help with the stock exhaust restrictions.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Sunday, January 29, 2006 4:56 AM
^^^ what he said. and the cat you def. def. want is magnaflow/carsound cat number 94035. goto hottexhaust.com. pick one up for a good price.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Sunday, January 29, 2006 11:15 AM
thanks guys. im gettin the magnaflow one when i get my taxes back. the Cat i have on my car right now you can heer leek when you are on the pedal. so thanks for the help.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 6:03 PM
you are welcome, friend. let me know if you ever need anything.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Sunday, January 29, 2006 10:02 PM
soul horse wrote:^^^ what he said. and the cat you def. def. want is magnaflow/carsound cat number 94035. goto hottexhaust.com. pick one up for a good price.

That's the one that definitely doesn't throw codes like most of the others?

Monday, January 30, 2006 1:20 AM
...that is correct. has a predrilled bung for the o2 sensor in the correct place, and a lot of catalyst. i have one, works great.

Saturday, February 04, 2006 11:54 AM
The 94035 cat is the OBD-II compliant cat and as far as I know there only have a been a few complaints about codes being thrown. But for the most part everything should work fine and not throw codes.

Blown.
Saturday, February 04, 2006 12:33 PM
I have the Vibrant cat. been on for about a year now along with a full exhaust, no problems as of yet for codes or anything.......knock on wood!!!

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Saturday, February 04, 2006 1:28 PM
91035 is good too.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search